PDA

View Full Version : Thor been hit by car..pray

Dixie Belle
04-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Talk about a God-awful morning. Got up, got ready for church, walked out my door, and there was Belle and Missie, out of the yard, and Thor no where in sight. I yelled for my husband, and the search began. I called my dad and he came over to keep my baby. We covered I don't know how much ground when my husband called my cell phone and said he found him. He wasn't using any of his back end. I was a mile from the house in the woods, and had to walk back. By the time I got there, my husband and dad had Thor on the truck giving him water. I called my vet , left a message, and waited for them to call back. In the mean time, Thor began really crying in pain. As nuts as it sounds, we were all relived that he was showing feeling in his back end. We were so afraid he was paralized. The vet called back, I loaded my baby in my mom's car so my parents could take him with them, and I climbed in the back of the truck with Thor. The vet was there by the time we made it, and her and her husband toted him inside. She found one broke spot in his leg, and thinks his pelvis may be broke also. Right now they are keeping him sadated, and giving him some pain medicine. She hopes to do exrays on him tonight so they can fix him up in the morning. At this point we have found many things to be thankful for. First off, Thor was the best one to get hurt. Being five months old the vet said he will heal better than what Missie or Belle would have. He doesn't have a head injury. He has peed and there was no blood, so we're pretty sure there in no internal injury. And thank God we found him!!!

But please everyone, pray for our puppy. He has a pretty hard and long recovery ahead of him. I'll keep ya'll updated on how he is doing.

MariaM
04-04-2004, 02:47 PM
AWWW I will Pray for Poor Thor. What a sad thing to happen! :( Poor guy.

primabella
04-04-2004, 02:55 PM
I am so glad it wasn't any worse! I'll be keeping Thor in my thoughts. Keep us posted. :)

Tonya
04-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Get well soon, Thor!

catnapper
04-04-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm glad he's found and the vet says a full recovery is likely.

Who on Earth would hit a dog and keep going? :( I'm sorry that you had such a bad day.

K9soul
04-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Thor is in my prayers. Poor pup :( . So very glad it wasn't any worse.

BCBlondie
04-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Awwww:( I'm so sorry this happened. It's a good thing you guys found him and got him to the vet! I hope he'll make a fast recovery. Poor baby :( .... I lost one of my cats due to being hit by a car. You're lucky he survived.

Cincy'sMom
04-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Prayers for Thor. Thank doG you found him!!!

dukedogsmom
04-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Poor Thor. I hope he recovers without too many complications. Glad you located him. That would have been very scary.

tatsxxx11
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Oh no:( Thank goodness it wasn't worse and that you found him! The vet's words and Thor's condition sound encouraging. But how frightened you must have been:( I'll be saying a very special prayer for Thor and keeping you all in my thoughts. Please keep us updated. {{{HUGS}}}

Karen
04-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Poor Thor. I hope it will have no long-term effects on him, that he heals up just fine, and is more careful from now on! He'll be in my prayers.

Kfamr
04-04-2004, 05:44 PM
We're thinking of you, Thor, and your family. Please keep us updated as much as possible. :(

Foam
04-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Aww, get well soon, Thor! :(

KYS
04-04-2004, 06:46 PM
How scary,
Wishing Thor a full recover.

Dixie Belle
04-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks everybody. The vet just called a few minutes ago and said that Thor is doing good. His color is back, he has been wagging his tail, and there has been no blood at all in his urine. She decided to wait and do the xrays in the morning. As bone surgeries take two vets, she is going to wait so she can sadate him and from there do what needs to be done. Waiting will also help prevent anymore shock. At this point she is almost a 100% sure his leg is broke, and is still thinking the pelvis may be too.

I know my poor boy is in so much pain, but when I think of how much worse it could have been......and if we had never found him....

delidog
04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh Poor,Sweet Thor...and You & Your Family.....
What a Day!!!!!
I am Glad his injuries are no worse...and that you were able to get him immediate attention...Sorry the people that Hit him didn't stop & check his tags....ARGH!!!!

Letting you know that you & Thor are in our Thoughts & Prayers..

Please keep us updated......

{{{{{{{{ Hugs Dear Thor!!!}}}}}}

dappledoxie
04-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Oh no! Porr Thor! I hope he gets better and recovers well! Hugs and prayers your way!

slick
04-04-2004, 09:36 PM
That must be soooo frightening for you. Try not to worry; as you said, there are no head injuries and Thor is young so there is nothing but optimism. I'll keep him and you in my prayers tonight.

My Peanuts
04-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Aw, poor Thor. Sending hugs and prayers. Keep us posted.

delidog
04-05-2004, 05:56 AM
How is Thor today???

EssTer
04-05-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm sorrry to hear that.. Poor pup.. I'll keep him in my thoughts..

anna_66
04-05-2004, 09:01 AM
So sorry to hear about this:( But I'm glad that he's doing alright. I just hope that he heals soon.
We'll be keeping you and Thor in our prayers.
Let us know how things go this morning.

tatsxxx11
04-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear that Thor remains stable, but it breaks my heart to think of him in such pain:( I'm sure you're anxious to get the results of the xrays today. Hopefully soon he'll be able to get the needed treatment and hopefully, the injuries are no greater than they already suspect. Hoping and praying that they can repair Thor's injuries asap. Please let us know what the vet says today. Positive thoughts coming your way, Thor. {{{HUGS}}}

Dixie Belle
04-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I hope I can explain all of this right. In his right leg, he has two breaks, one in between his "knee" joint and his hip. The other is in between his "knee" and foot. The second one is crushed. They already have done surgery on that leg. At the moment that leg is stable. Tomorrow they are going to do his left leg. That break is pretty much a crush too. My vet says that his left leg will probably be shorter than his right. After they do his left leg, I'll let you guys know.

Logan
04-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Cheryl, I hate to see you posting again with such awful news!!! :(

Please know that you and Thor are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he will be fine.

Logan

tatsxxx11
04-05-2004, 05:58 PM
As horrific as the breaks sound, I'm so thrilled to hear he's getting the necessary surgery. Prayers continue you for you dear Thor. What a brave pup you are. And lots of hugs for your mommy; she's being pretty brave herself:) Please keep us updated Cheryl.

sabies
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
So sorry to hear about Thor. I'm glad you found him. You and Thor will be in my thoughts!

beachbabe4ever
04-06-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm so sorry that that happened..poor thor :( I'm glad it wasnt worse. I hope thor has a good recovery. He's in my prayers!:) and be sure to tell thor how many suporters he has here! hehe:D

RobiLee
04-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Oh, what a scary time. Thor will be in our thoughts and prayers. May you have a speedy recovery, Thor baby.

Robin

Dixie Belle
04-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Thor is in surgery now for his left leg. I haven't even gotten to see him yet today. But when I go this afternoon, I'm going to take pictures. Everyone be looking for that post.

They did tell me that he is doing great. Even though he is in huge amounts of pain, he has been being a wonderful dog. They let him eat a little last night. Over all, they are really hopefull on his outcome.

tatsxxx11
04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
This is great news:) Maybe Thor is already out of surgery!:) They have a lot of great drugs available for pain management in dogs; hopefully he'll be well medicated post op. Give him a gentle pat and kiss for me:) Can't wait for the update!

Dixie Belle
04-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Wish I had better news. They found a fourth break on him during surgery today. So both hind legs have two breaks in them, and only one break is clean. They asked me to wait until tomorrow to come and see him. They are trying to give him plenty of time to rest. He hasn't been able to rest to much because of the pain. They have the left leg stable now too. At this point it's getting touch and go. He really needs to have one good leg to stand on, and we were hoping the left leg was it. We are hoping that the left leg will heal pretty fast so that he can use it while the right leg is healing. From what I understand, it's going to be two months before we really know how well he is going to be.
They are hoping he will be able to come home next week. We just have to wait and see.

Once again I want to say thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. Please keep praying for Thor's recovery, and pray that we will be able to get the money together to pay for all of this.

ramanth
04-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Prayers and healing thoughts sent for Thor. *hugs*

tatsxxx11
04-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh dear:( Poor Thor:( But please try and be positive, as hard as I know that is. Thor's recovery may be difficult and lengthy, but I have every hope that he will have a complete recovery. Did they pin and/or plate his breaks? Please know I'm praying for him. I hope you get to see him soon:) Hug Thor for me (gently) when you see him. Please keep us updated:)

Dixie Belle
04-06-2004, 07:44 PM
They have as many pins in him as they could fit. They also had to put stuff on the outside of one of the breaks. Ever seen those metal things around someone's head, or arm that has the bolts screwed in them? He has one on his leg. I'm hoping to get pics tomorrow. If I do, I'll post them. I really don't know what he looks like, the last time I saw him was before his surgery yesterday. I know they cut his hair off because he is using the bathroom on himself right now and it is easier to clean without the hair in the way. I'm going nuts waiting.

delidog
04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh Poor Baby,
You are In Our Thoughts and Prayers....
We wait every day for a Thor Update...Please give him very gentle hugs & kisses from us!!!!!

Sleep well tonight Dear Thor...Tomorrow will be a Brighter Day!!!

Sudilar
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh no, poor Thor. Sending immediate prayers your way.

sabies
04-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Lots of good thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2004, 10:28 AM
<ring> <ring> <rinnnnng> ...

Herrow, GOD?
Who'z THIS!?
Oh, HI, GranMom! Did we miss-dial an get da Angel'z BAKERY?
We're kallin bout lil Thor...
Oh... so mennie kalls commin in you're helpin inna Offiss today...
Thanks, G-Mom - put us thru az soon as He getz a minnit...

<waits> on hold...

HI, God!

Oh... You been onna Thor Case ebber since You got da 9-1-1 Kall bout him
*bumpin* into da kar... OK- Great!

You had em do WHUT?
"Used an old e'Recktor Set to *bolt* him back tugether?"
Wow! *Quick Thinkin* there, God!

OK - You're gonna keep a Sharp Eye on him while he's inna Hoppsbittel,
right??

Yess'Sir - we'll keep da Pet Talk Prayers flowing in!
Anna Kandilz lit; anna Pawz & Klawz Crossed!
Yess'Sir - we know that Helps!

An God - kan You try to get Dixie Belle in fur a *visit*?
Dat might Help lil Thor *perk-up* a bit.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups