PDA

View Full Version : Sarah bit me yesterday....

Tonya
04-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Yesterday, I was grooming Sarah and she wasn't in the mood. Anyways, she was growling and carrying on and then she bit me. I just grabbed her muzzle and said 'NO!' But she continued to try to bite me. It really upset me.

I remember Teddy doing that when we first started grooming him. After a month or so, he realized that we weren't going to give up, he started behaving. I hope Sarah grows out of this also.

jenfer
04-04-2004, 02:33 PM
No no, Sarah. You are not supposed to bite. Try lick her hand away next time. ;)

hmm...maybe you can try brushing her everyday so she knows it's a routine? Just a suggestion, cuz my sausage is short hair, so I don't need too much brushing. hehe...:D

Dixie Belle
04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
I would try brushing her everyday. I did that with Belle when she was a puppy, and now she loves groom time. Sarah will learn that getting brushed feels sooooo goooood.

K9soul
04-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Maybe keep some tasty treats on hand, and whenever she is being good while brushing, slip her a treat off and on. Have her learn that grooming time is fun. I also agree with making brushing a daily routine at least till she's used to it. Even if it's only for 5 minutes at a time. Good luck.

catnapper
04-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Nicki always bites me. Grooming usually takes FOREVER with her because she likes and tolerates it only for so long, then it statrts hurting and she starts biting. She has always been this way and no matter what we do, she won't stop. At least she does not bite hard... its more like putting her mouth over my hand. Is that what Sarah's doing? If you can get a good solution - I'd like it too:D

lute
04-04-2004, 04:03 PM
when we first got beanie he hated to be brushed. i just brushed him everyday and after i was done. i gave him a treat and gave him lots of attention so he understood that after this "torture" we had lots of loving time.