PDA

View Full Version : Please... some positive thoughts for Uniqueviking's Beans!

Kirsten
04-04-2004, 10:11 AM
As you may know, the vet has found a heart murmur (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46660) in sweet little Beans, and tomorrow is her vet appointment for further tests.

I sure hope it's something easily treatable.

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0004/beans1.jpg

Sending best wishes to the "lille prinsesse",

Kirsten & the girls

sirrahbed
04-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Yes, Beans is on my mind! I feel badly that Uniqueviking had to wait so long for the testing - that must have seemed like such a L O N G wait! I really hope the murmur is something very minor and treatable so she can relax. I would be a wreck waiting I know!

Kirsten - so glad to see you back! I have missed you very much and so sorry about the drug reaction, headaches and pain!! I get migraines but they are probably nothing compared the the pain of post lumbar puncture.:(

Randi
04-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh sweet little Beans! I hope the heart murmor can be treated and Beans can live a normal life after!

Sending positive thoughts to Beans "Den Lille Prinsesse ... and to you! :)

jazzcat
04-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts being sent for sweet Beans.

Kirtsten - good to see you back.

catnapper
04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts headed Beans' way.

I hope that its somethng treatable and that she bounces back to completel health. Good luck at the vet's tomorrow.

slick
04-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Prayers going out to Sweet Beans. Be good for the whitecoats.

catmandu
04-04-2004, 01:07 PM
The found Cats are concerned , and send Love , Prayers , Headbumps and Kiytty Kissies , to our Partee Pal , Beans!

Uniqueviking
04-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Thank you. Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

I did some research yesterday. It does sound like it's a thyroid problem OR it could be taurine related, but I've always fed my furbabies Hill's and they add taurine to their products + the furbabies get shrimp at least twice a week.

It really caught my eye as Beans has eye problems as well.

The Need for Taurine in Felines

What is "Taurine"??

Taurine is a colorless, crystalline compound which is found in the free form in invertebrates and in the bile of mammals. It promotes the intestinal absorption of lipids (fats) as cholesterol.

What does taurine do??

Taurine is an important part of the feline diet and is essential in preventing a disorder in cats called "dilated cardiomyopathy" (which is a failure of the heart muscle whereupon the heart tissue itself swells to try to meet the animal's circulatory needs), as well as being very significant in helping feline reproduction and prevention of a progressive retinal disease called "feline central retinal degeneration" (FCRD) which will cause blindness if left untreated. In queens that have taurine-deficient diets, we find more still births, fewer live kittens born, and ultimately fewer kittens that survive to the weaning stage.

Why is taurine deficiency such a big deal??

Should I be concerned about it?? In the wild, rodents formed a large part of the feline diet, and the rodents had significant levels of taurine in their brains. When we began to domesticate cats and feed them commercial cat foods instead of their wild diets, taurine deficiency started appearing. This was of great concern, especially in the 1970's, when it was proven that many commercial cat foods on the market at that time contained an inadequate amount of taurine. Cats are different from other animals in that they cannot make enough taurine internally to meet their needs, and they must have enough taurine supplied to them in their food. Since these studies came out, most major pet food companies revised their pet food formulas to include taurine. Interestingly enough, not all taurine is equal, and some commercial foods need to have even more taurine added to their formulas to allow for proper feline absorption and utilization of the taurine in their foods.

from here: http://www.hdw-inc.com/healthtaurine.htm

AvaJoy
04-04-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to read of you and your Beans health issues. Prayers and good thoughts are on the way for you both! :) [/SIZE]

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Beans.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please keep us updated when you can.