PDA

View Full Version : I don't like to "spring forward"

gini
04-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Oh, it is nice to have light later in the evenings - but instead of it being a little after eleven o'clock - it is really twelve.

Don't call me in the morning, I am bound to be grumpy and late for everything.

popcornbird
04-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Thanks for reminding me Gini. I nearly forgot to change the clocks before bed. :o Now I think I should REALLY go to bed. Its incredibly LATE!!! :eek:

trayi52
04-04-2004, 01:41 AM
It don't feel late..I hate to spring forward, I would rather fall back!

Willie:D

Rio and Me
04-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Only just "springing forward"?
We srung forward like last week!
And yes i did forget and was 1 hr late for work, my first late ewww!
KY

Uabassoon
04-04-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. In Arizona we don't have a time change.

Pam
04-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Not me Gini! I LOVE to spring forward. More daylight = more fun! I will gladly sacrifice that extra hour of sleep! :) I hate having total darkness at 5:00 p.m. in the winter time. I wish we could have DST all year. :)

Randi
04-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Pam, I agree with you, even though I hate to get up too early in the morning. ;) It's nice that it doesn't get dark until around dinnertime now. :)

Kfamr
04-04-2004, 09:03 AM
I hate it being so bright in the morning.

I'd rather it be dark, my eyes aren't even fully awake when I step outside to go to school!

lovemyshiba
04-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Not me Gini! I LOVE to spring forward. More daylight = more fun! I will gladly sacrifice that extra hour of sleep! :) I hate having total darkness at 5:00 p.m. in the winter time. I wish we could have DST all year. :)

I couldn't agree with you more Pam!!!!
I love the extra daylight hours!!!
Even though it's cold and windy today, I know that longer days mean summer is coming!!!!!:)

Tonya
04-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Hehe. I normally like it because I love how it stays light outside later. But, I forgot about it, so my hubby was late to work today. And it was all my fault because I'm the clock keeper. I need to teach that boy some independence. :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
04-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I resent losing that hour in my bed too! :D I do love the lighter nights though.

mugsy
04-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Like Arizona, most of IN doesn't change either, so I don't have to worry about it. I never understood DST anyway....time is time. Now we're on the same time as IL and not OH and MI....

trayi52
04-04-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't quite understand that Molly, I thought every time zone springs forward in the spring and falls back in the fall. Teach me!

I want to move somewhere that doesn't have to change their time!!

Willie:)

Randi
04-04-2004, 11:54 AM
For everyone confused, here's a good link to see the present time everywhere. :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

catnapper
04-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm a wlaking zombie today. I slept til 9:00... I mean 10:00. i'm hopoing to get a nap today. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel human.

Dogz
04-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I hate it being so bright in the morning.

I agree. I wake up, and there is a bright light coming through my window-- it hurts my eyes!

I think me and the puppers will enjoy the 'Spring Forward'. More play time!!

:)

Truffles
04-04-2004, 01:33 PM
i don't like either one (spring forward,or i guess its called fall backward:confused: its too confusing i wish we could keep the time the way it is:rolleyes:

marylyn

G.P.girl
04-04-2004, 02:12 PM
i hate springing forward!!!!

mugsy
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Willie,

Indiana and Arizona are the only 2 states in the country that don't change their clocks. Northwest and along the Ohio River Indiana change, but all others stay the same. They've tried in IN to get it changed, but, it always fails.

Molly

Miss Meow
04-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Randi
For everyone confused, here's a good link to see the present time everywhere. :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

That's a cool site! It can sort timezones by time - I wish I was in Honolulu as it's only lunchtime Sunday there, as opposed to really being Monday morning at my desk :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Indiana and Arizona are the only 2 states in the country that don't change their clocks.

Hawaii too, Mugsy. Parts of Indiana, Arizona and Hawaii do not change.

I like it being light later, but I just really don't get the whole thing. But the part I hate most is because Terry spends a lot of time in Indiana, and I can't ever keep it straight - are they on our time now or are they on our time through the winter. And don't bother trying to explain, Mugsy, Terry explains it everytime we switch over and I still can't keep it straight. :rolleyes: He also spends a lot of time in Michigan, and that one is easy for me, there always an hour ahead. ;) :D