PDA

View Full Version : Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!!!

trayi52
04-04-2004, 12:17 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GROVER!!!!!

One year ago today, my daughter brought me a box, with a tiny kitten inside. We didn’t know her age. I didn’t ever know if she was a boy or a girl. I could tell she had just opened her eyes, and was still supposed to be nursing her mother.

Some boys that went to school with my daughter had found her in an old car at the mechanic’s shop. They brought her in and started playing football with her. They would kick her and from what I was told, she was actually sailing through the air like a football. They kept kicking her, and finally one of the boys thought she was dead. He threw her into the trash. My daughter and a friend of hers just happened to come over to see her in the trash. They could see she was still breathing, so they took her out and took her to the bathroom and cleaned the oil and grease off of her. They had to clean the blood off her little nose.

They decided to put her in a tissue box, and then into a larger box. Then they had to decide what they were going to do with her. My daughter wanted to bring her home to me. I had been wanting another cat ever since my Pyewackett passed on the previous year. She really had to do some talking and arguing with the teachers, to be able to keep the kitten in class with her.

When she drove up to the house, my husband and I were standing on the porch. We saw her get out with this box in her arms. My husband didn’t like the looks of that, and I kind of figured she had brought me a kitten. I just didn’t know it was that young! When I saw her I thought, “What am I going to do with her, I have no milk for her.’’ I started a search on the Internet, to try to find a good formula I could mix for her. As I read more and more, I decided that I needed to visit the vet and see about some kitten formula.

She did so well. I fell in love with little Grover (named, of course, after the Sesame Street character my grandchildren loved. Since she came out of a trash can, what better name for her than Grover?) The day she came into my life was the best day! You see, she was a Mother's Day present to me from my daughter. It was an early present, but by far the best I could ever have asked for. A gift of love!

She got me through a broken foot. When I had to be off my feet, she was there to keep me company. I have watched her grow, and turn into such a beautiful Tortie. How I love her. She means so much to me, and makes my life bearable.

Here is Grover last year on Easter:
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/faa3f4f0.jpg

Grover sleeping:
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/fad997b4.jpg
More coming!:)

trayi52
04-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Grover in the hat!!
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/facf0ebb.jpg
Grover in another hat!
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/fad57e98.jpg

Some newer pictures of Grover:
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/IMG_0469.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/IMG_0434.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/IMG_0433.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/IMG_0498.jpg

Thats all for now.:)

trayi52
04-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Oops forgot to resize one of the pictures!! Sorry, I'll try to resize it later.:)

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:22 AM
That is an incredible story, amazing how cruelty and tragedy can end with love! Grover is a beautiful, beautiful lady with incredible markings and you are both so lucky to have found each other.

HAPPY GOTCHYA DAY GROVER!!

(Love the name "Grover" by the way, it's cute!)

bluekat
04-04-2004, 10:15 AM
What a wonderful story:) I'm so glad she found a loving home in the end.
Grover is just gorgeous!!!:D and SO CUTE! I love that pic of her sleeping on your legs.

Happy Gotcha Day Grover!

catnapper
04-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Happy gotcha day to one of my favorite little PT girls! You are such a special little girl. Now, go climb some walls and have yourself a special day!:D

rkidsrcats
04-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Grover....you are in a place where you are truly loved. You are our Cat of the Day everyday!
love,
Willie Pete and the rest of the Tribe!

Randi
04-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Happy gotcha day, sweet Grover!!

What a rough start little Grover had. :( How sad that anyone can treat a sweet little kitten like that! Shame on those boys!!! :mad:

I'm so glad Grover found a loving family who takes the time to care and love her as she SO deserves! :)

Grover, have fun today, and the rest of your life, I hope you get tons of treats and cuddles! :D

Btw, did I ever tell you that grover looks a lot like Fister's mom!

We're sending gentle headbumpies, scritchies and kisses to you! Be safe and happy!! :) :)

sirrahbed
04-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!

The story of Grover is my very favorite rescue story and I tell it to everyone!! She is SUCH a cutie pie now!! It is so nice to see her baby pictures again Willie :D

Tonya
04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Happy Gotcha Grover!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!

I'm so happy you were found by such a great girl and brought home to the best meowmy ever. You were such an adorable little cutie pie when you were so tiny, and you have most certainly grown into the most beautiful young lady.

I know you'll get all sorts of extra attention and treats today, so revel in it all because you certainly deserve it! :D

jazzcat
04-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Grover! You're one special little girl!

RedHedd
04-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Happy Gotcha Day sweet Grover! It's a day to celebrate with extra treats and extra lovies to and from your meowmie. Such a special tortie girl!

slick
04-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh Grover, I'm so sorry I missed your special day yesterday. What a rough start you had in life and I see it did not take you long to realize that not all huumans are stupid. Congratulations Willie on rescuing Grover and introducing her to us.

catmandu
04-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Happy gotcha Day , from The found cats , and we all love the beefore , and after , as Grover is a Hottie!Found Cats Salute Grover , and Her Guardians!

trayi52
04-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Slick her special day is today, April 4th.

Grover has picked up a new sound, she sounds like a little baby goat. She goes to the door in the living room and wants to go out in the hall, and sound just like a baby goat crying.

I have been calling her my baby goat. Never a dull moment with her around. She cuddles with me when we go to bed, sleeps with her little head on my arm or the pillow. Licks my face until I go to sleep or she does.

She is the most loving cat I have ever had!

Willie:)

Steffi N
04-04-2004, 01:50 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, GROVER
I am so happy that your story has a happy ending. You are so sweet, giving so much loving to your mommie. It's great too see these pictures of you, both as a little cutie and as a grown up beauty with your fantastic coloring. I hope for many more years of happiness for you.

rpcathouse
04-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Grover did "Gotcha right in the heart" didn't she. She is so sweet looking. But how did she get the name Grover??? I would like to hear that story. From a "Trash Kitty" to a lovely Princess. Hugs to Grover.

Stella and the gang.

trayi52
04-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Stella, when my daughter first brought her home, the grandkids insisted she be named after the trash can Character on Sesame Street. And well I didn't know whether she was a girl or a boy. I had never read anything about that most of the Tortoise cats were always girls, so that never entered my mind. My daughter looked at her and said yeap it's a boy. The grandkids said we should name her Grover, and the name stuck and seems to fit her now.

AmberLee
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
happy gotcha day, sweet Grover! {{{snugglebunnies and catnip to you}}}

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2004, 12:04 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GROVER!!! You sure have turned into a gorgeous adult cat. I hope you had a great day and were spoiled by your meowmie.:)

trayi52
04-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments. Grover really does mean a lot to me. She came into my life when I really needed her. She is spoiled everyday. I can't believe she has been with me a year.

I keep remembering her trying to walk across the room with that little head down, and running her little head into tables. When I had broken my foot, she would get hungry and my daughter would bring her to me and she would just cry to be fed. I would have to get my crutches and go fix her milk for her. She has made me laugh and made me smile, even when I didn't feel like smiling.

She is my pride and joy, I love all my pets but she is so special to my heart. I really do feel like I am her mommy! Its funny how she is, she doesn't eat unless I am sitting right with her. She snuggles with me of a night like she is taking care of me. Who could ask for anything more? I am so lucky to have her.

Again, thanks for all the wishes for my Grover, she is my heart.

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Awww Willie, What a beautiful tortie girlie. Aren't the bottle babes just the most affectionate kitties? Wally & Martha (mama's two shoes lol) seem to think I'm still mama. I have a great recipe from Cat Fancy Mag. for kitten formula (big $$$ saver) and if I mix it up "The Shoes" still have to have a taste. Kissies all over Grover for ending up so lucky! :) :) :) TREATS ALL AROUND!! HAPPY SHRIMPY DANCE!:D :D Jan

catlover4ever
04-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!!

You have one amazing story. May you have many, many more years of being spolied rotten by your Meowmie!!!!!:D :D

amoore
04-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Happy Gotcha day! Grover! So Glad you were rescued by an angel and taken to live in a loving home!

Willie, I am so glad that Grover and you got together and filled each others lives up with happiness! I knew when I seen Grover in your lapp so snug and purring she was a happy little kitten! The new mommy looked like she could purr too!:)

Happy Gotcha day to both of you!:D

leslie flenner
04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
I agree, the bottle babies are definatley special. (Maybe because they aren't expected to survive if under 4 weeks, maybe because they suckle and cry for milk and we are the one's there so they bond to us differently?) Whatever the reason... My Scamp was found with his brother at age 4 weeks and I had to bottle feed both of them. They progressed well but had the horrible habit of trying to suckle on my neck and kneed in my hair at night. Scamp was a keeper and I broke him of that habit simply by moving him away but keeping a hand on him. He now HAS to sleep next to me, even if there is little room for him, he will nearly fall off the bed in attempts to take over enough space for a human...brother was adopted out and of course I hope he is doing well.
Congrats on nursing this little one along- when they need to eat, they NEED to eat!!! And they don't always take to the bottle right away either! Grover is so very lucky!!!!!
I hope the boys got a good reprimand so they don't end up like the guys we see in the news (argh) lately! Good job! PS: how's the foot?

Felicia's Mom
04-05-2004, 08:51 PM
A Happy Belated Gotcha Day to Grover!:) :)

trayi52
04-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Thank you everybody!

The boys never got anything out of what they did. Funny the one that threw Grover in the trash was a boy that rode home from school with Lindsey, and he held her on the way home. I guess when he threw her in the trash, he really saved her from being kicked around anymore. At least she ended up here with me.

My foot took awhile to get better, but it made having to stay off my feet a lot easier having Grover to take care of. It was kind of hard fixing her milk for her. I am terrible on crutches! I think I had a few accidents trying to learn how walk on crutches. I had to have the kids show me how to use them. LOL.

Yes I guess I was purring too, like I said, I haven't had a dull moment since Grover came to live with me. Funny her favorite toy is ponytail holders. She loves tossing them in the air and catching them.