PDA

View Full Version : My Tortie cat was catnapped!

lat192004
04-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello forum. I had a Tortishair kitten that I raised from a small feral colony, but I'm missing her! She was very timid,but I kept trying to win her friendship and finally she became an outdoor lapcat. Last week she was just about ready to have her litter, and she turned up missing. She was a silly little cat full of mischief, and I miss her. I suspect mean neighbors trapped her. Here is her picture(see attachment). I love Torties, and I miss this little girl:( :( :( .....I hope she gets returned.

moosmom
04-03-2004, 09:29 PM
lat92004,

She is absolutely beautiful!! Are you sure she just didn't sneak away to have her kittens? Try checking around the area. Most times mama's will hide their kittens for fear of danger.

Good luck! I hope she shows up soon!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2004, 09:33 PM
She's gorgeous.:D I sure hope that you're able to find her soon. Please keep us updated.

lat192004
04-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks all for the support. I hope her absence is only temporary, and that she found a hiding place to have her kittens and will return soon. For a feral cat, she is the sweetest cat. I would have brought her inside if it was not for the two huge cats I have living with me. Something about a Tortie that makes them special. She had a purr that sounded like a jackhammer! Thanks again, I will let all know if/when she returns. I have my fingers crossed.

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by lat192004
Thanks all for the support. I hope her absence is only temporary, and that she found a hiding place to have her kittens and will return soon. For a feral cat, she is the sweetest cat. I would have brought her inside if it was not for the two huge cats I have living with me. Something about a Tortie that makes them special. She had a purr that sounded like a jackhammer! Thanks again, I will let all know if/when she returns. I have my fingers crossed.

She's a beautiful girl ... Moosmum could be right, or someone could have even found her and the kits and taken her to a shelter - have you checked the pound and all the local shelters?

Killearn Kitties
04-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I hope your cat has just gone into hiding with her kittens. We had a feral mum that we fed in the garden (Jessica in the picture below) and she went off to have her kittens. After a couple of days when we didn't see her, she came to us twice a day to be fed. She didn't bring the kittens to us until they were 9 weeks old. I hope this is the case with your beautiful tortie cat.

PayItForward
04-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
She's a beautiful girl ... Moosmum could be right, or someone could have even found her and the kits and taken her to a shelter - have you checked the pound and all the local shelters?
Good Idea. Many people will try and help a cat in need and unless you had her microchipped/ID on collar how would they know you were working with her.

catmandu
04-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Found Cats are Praying , and hoping that she just wndered off , and is being cared for b y cat Lovers , andis safe , and in good hands! I know that not knowing , is the worst part.

lat192004
04-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm happy to report Torties sister is back, but not Tortie. I'm hoping she will reappear too.I have torties sister's picture in the attachments for all to see. I have not found a name for Tortie's sister yet. She is feral, real shy. I have had her close enough to touch, but she will not let me touch her. I did touch her once, and she recoiled back with an expression that said "you touched me, don't do that!!" This cat plays with my indoor cats by running by the windows and playing hide and seek. She is a real silly cat, but won't let me touch. Maybe in time I will be able to touch, I might try a can of tuna or a piece of fried chicken as a peace offering.

lat192004
04-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Here is another picture of Torties feral sister(see attachment). She loves to sleep up in the house supports, and hunt for mice and centipedes down by the water pump. She is timid, but I'm trying to make friends. She is ALMOST tame.

Tonya
04-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I hope she comes back soon. I bet she's off having her kittens somewhere. Your kitties look like Grover's cousin! (Trayi's cat)

lat192004
04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I hope she comes back soon. I bet she's off having her kittens somewhere. Your kitties look like Grover's cousin! (Trayi's cat)

I guess I'll have to be patient, my daughter said the same thing, that she probably went somewhere to have her kittens. I will have kitten pictures when she(hopefully) returns.

NoahsMommy
04-04-2004, 11:40 PM
They are both gorgeous girls. I hope Tortie returns soon.

Karen
04-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Hope she returns, and that she and her sister can get TNR - Trapped, Neutered and Returned - asap. We saw so many feral cats when we were in Hawai'i, it was heartbreaking.

lat192004
04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
On Hawaii island it's cats, on Kauai it's chickens that are feral. Almost every domestic animal, be it goats or pigs, has become feral, even donkeys.

trayi52
04-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Yes, I agree she is probably off having those babies. I love those Torties. They are just beautiful. They do make me think of Grover, a lot!

Hopefully she will come home and bring those babies with her.

Willie:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Your torties are beautiful. I hope she comes home soon!

catcrazylady
04-05-2004, 09:31 AM
What pretty girls! I'm sure your little tortie will return soon with a small furry following!! Keep us posted.

lat192004
04-05-2004, 12:55 PM
I just have one Tortie remaining, I have decided to call her Jo , it's easy to say Jo the cat. I need to catch this lady and get her to the vet so I can have her fixed, but she is playing hard to get. Like this picture shows(see attachment) she is curious,and lets me get within 1 foot, then jumps away.......such a tease! Jo is the most hard to get feline I have ever had. I almost touch her, but she says "no way". Any suggestions on how I can get this aloof, finicky feline to make up with me?