PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly

catnapper
04-03-2004, 12:50 PM
I had a dream last night where I was playing Monopoly. I chose the same piece I've chosen my whole. I remember in my dream that I thought "Hey, this would make a great thread" so here I am posting a thread/poll about which Monopoly game piece you like best!

I have alsways played with the dog, and if he was taken or lost, I like the iron. My brother was always the shoe or car.

BTW: I haven't played Monolpoly in YEARS. So I have no idea where this dream came from or what it meant. Maybe to gods of PT were telling me to make a new poll?:D

Kfamr
04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
The dog, of course!

I've always used the dog, and I remember when I was little i'd refuse to play unless I got to be the dog.

Dogz
04-03-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't ever remember being anything but the Scottie Dog.

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Ralph and I just played a few weeks ago...course it was "The Dog" version, so I was the pug and I think he was the food dish. In classic, I usually was the dog :)

GoldenRetrLuver
04-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Ralph and I just played a few weeks ago...course it was "The Dog" version, so I was the pug and I think he was the food dish. In classic, I usually was the dog :)

I have that one too! There's a Golden Retriever piece, so of course I'm always that. :)

primabella
04-03-2004, 01:20 PM
My sister liked to be the dog so I let her have it. I have always been the shoe! :D And proud of it! ;)

G.P.girl
04-03-2004, 02:07 PM
i alwyas used to fight over the horse and rider with my sister, but now i'm kinda changing i like i iron i think

Killearn Kitties
04-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Just like you, it had to be the dog or the iron! I have no idea why. Latterly, I would accept the car, but I haven't played it in years either.

NoahsMommy
04-03-2004, 03:16 PM
We have the Disney version and I usually choose Minnie Mouse. We also have "Cat-Opoly" and I'm usually the food dish. In the regular Monopoly, I choose the dog, if its take, I choose something like the iron or wheelbarrow because I feel bad its lonely and no one wants it. What a dork. ;)

trayi52
04-03-2004, 03:48 PM
I alway wanted the baby shoe, I love babies.:)

Willie

isis
04-03-2004, 05:09 PM
I play with the dog or the horse & rider. It usually takes my family like four months to finish a whole game.

primabella
04-03-2004, 05:22 PM
The top hat was cute too! When it wasn't my turn, I'd take the top hat and just place it on the tip of my finger. :p

slleipnir
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I haven't played in a while, but I believe I always used the dog :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-03-2004, 06:26 PM
I always had to be the thimble - no idea why - but if that was taken my second choice was the iron - again, no idea why.

And you know, now that I think about it, a shoe I can see, a racecar I can see, even the dog I can see, but who ever thought of a thimble or an iron as game pieces? Somebody sure had an overactive imagination. ;) :D

catnapper
04-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
And you know, now that I think about it, a shoe I can see, a racecar I can see, even the dog I can see, but who ever thought of a thimble or an iron as game pieces? Somebody sure had an overactive imagination. ;) :D
I had to do research in order to post this thread... i had no idea what the pices were outside of the dog and iron! All of the pieces were things that were common across America at the time Parker Bros. intorduced the game.

NoahsMommy: I would have chosen the loney, unloved gamepiece too.

Isis: your family actually finished a game?

Miss Meow
04-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Judging by my lack of domestic capability, anything but the iron! ;)

Thanks for this thread. I've been wondering what I'd like for my birthday, and a Monopoly game would be fantastic. I haven't had one since I was young.

aly
04-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Hehehe, I always have to be the dog!