PDA

View Full Version : My Dear Gentle Willy

QueenScoopalot
04-03-2004, 08:24 AM
My heart is broken this morning. My dear handicapped Willy went to RB this morning. :( His little front legs were badly crippled when I stole him from some creeps, who let him out in his condition! Willy was born with "radial aplasia" a condition that left his front legs badly crippled, and useless for defending himself, not to mention scrambling across busy streets. It's a wonder he survived at all outside. :mad: :mad: :mad: He was as an outdoor un-altered cat for who knows how long before I trapped him and took him home. I adored the precious little sweet Willy. :( :( :( My dear boy's story is here...http://[email protected]/chkittyclub/members2.htm

slick
04-03-2004, 09:35 AM
:( :( RIP Sweet Willy. You were lucky to have a home that loved you enough to rescue you and keep you our of harm's way. Now that your limbs are healed I can just see you running and playing happily at the RB. Bless you for taking him in QS.

kuhio98
04-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Rest in peace, sweet Willy. You will never be forgotten.

jazzcat
04-03-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Willy.

RedHedd
04-03-2004, 12:02 PM
RIP dear gentle Willy.

trayi52
04-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Jan, I am so sorry to hear about Willy. I hope you find comfort in knowing that he is now whole again and he was loved and well cared for while he was with you.:(

R.I.P. Sweet Willy, you will be missed by your mommy who loved you very much.

Willie

Craftlady
04-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry may you have confront that Willy is at the Rainbow Bridge playing and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

I tried to read his story but I got error message that page name had changed or been deleted.

leslie flenner
04-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Jan, I'm so sorry!!! I had no idea he was ill (or was he?). Anyway, no matter.. he was a good boy, he waited nearly a whole year for you to come back for him and back you came! I remember being so surprised that he'd turned up again and had not been killed by a car on the busy road! He was one of a kind! I remember seeing him in the big picture window and climbing up to the kitchen window to try to gain entry to get him, to no avail..That was one hard case and so glad you (and the people who were feeding him) helped him! Good job and again, i'm sorry about your loss. Have heart, Willy will wait for you elsewhere now.

Steffi N
04-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Jan, I am sorry you have lost your dear sweet Willy.
Rest in peace, dear boy.

QueenScoopalot
04-03-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm getting Willy cremated (something I've done only one other time). I think it will make me feel a little better about losing him with no warning. He had been a bit punkish for a few days, and I had started him on antibiotics, and gave him sub-q fluids yesterday. I think pneumonia hit him, and hard. Being unable to stand upright like a normal cat, I don't think the fluids were able to drain in any way. He was an older kitty, though I have no idea how old, but I'm sure he was a senior kitty. I have such a lump in my throat today. :( :( :( But at least I had my dear boy for a while. I miss him licking my hand, and I'd rub it across his little cheeks so he felt like he was being bathed, something he couldn't do with his malformed legs.

leslie flenner
04-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh god, that is so sad... you were so good to him... Do you need the number to the pet cemetary that does the cremations? (ache..) I can find it. It's in, I think Foxboro?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
But at least I had my dear boy for a while. I miss him licking my hand, and I'd rub it across his little cheeks so he felt like he was being bathed, something he couldn't do with his malformed legs.

Ok, I was sad and near tears before, but this really got me. I'm sooo sorry this poor guy had such a hard life, but it sure sounds like you showed him all the best in people and that not all humans were like those that put him out on the streets.

RIP sweet Willy. :(

catmandu
04-04-2004, 01:25 PM
At least Willie had a Good Home , wherehe was loved , and now at the Rainbow Bridge , he will be whole , again , and the Lord will give him Friends , toys and all the food and Love that he deserves!Found Cats love Willie!

AvaJoy
04-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Ok, I was sad and near tears before, but this really got me. I'm sooo sorry this poor guy had such a hard life, but it sure sounds like you showed him all the best in people and that not all humans were like those that put him out on the streets.

RIP sweet Willy. :(

Oh, gosh . . . the love and kindness you showed by helping him groom was more than I could take, too. :(

He Knows that you were probably the only person that ever really cared anything for him, and you did make a difference in his life and you were there till the end. This he will never forget and he will be eternally grateful.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Cataholic
04-05-2004, 11:33 AM
RIP, Sweet Willy. You were much loved here on earth.