PDA

View Full Version : PETA.... Against Pet Ownership.

Chris J
04-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I saw a show on Showtime called Bull Sh**. Hosted by Penn & Teller.

I had no idea that PETA was against pet ownership. According to PETA we should not own any pets, eat meat or have Zoo's. What was disturbing, PETA rescued over 2000 pets in one year but euthanized 1200 of them in there own building. They weren't interested in finding those pets homes because they don't believe we should even have them in our homes. In there tax records report "That are available for public viewing" funding organizations that bomb research hospital. PETA two thumbs down

Kfamr
04-03-2004, 03:14 AM
Really and honestly now, i'm at the point where i'd like to say PETA can kiss my @$$.

Uh, okay, Dogs, Cats and such have been domesticated for YEARS. Where would they live if they weren't pets?

PETA really should stop going to these idiotic extremes. :rolleyes:

primabella
04-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Yes it's true animals like dogs (wolves) were once wild but now they are domesticated and I think they need that extra help from people to survive. I didn't even know anything about PETA until I joined PT so I don't really know what else they have done or said...but this is ridiculous to me. :confused:

lovemyshiba
04-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I know they have done some good things, and do advocate animals, but they go way too far with their campaigns and such.

Dogs shouldn't be pets---sure:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe we should release all of the dogs in shelters out into the wild--back to their true heritage--that sounds like a good idea:rolleyes:

I'm with you: 2 thumbs down!

K9soul
04-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Peta is about as radical and extremist a group as I have seen. They do fund 'terrorist' groups such as ALF and others. I did a lot of research on them a few weeks ago and was pretty apalled. They also have 'front' organizations where they get funds from people who don't realize their funds are actually going to Peta.

And oh yes, I know my dogs are miserable being pets and would much rather be out in the wild :rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt
04-03-2004, 11:33 AM
PETA ia awful. Killing pets......wow. Doesn't sound ethical to me. I'm sure someone will come along and claim this is all anti-PETA propaganda. :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
04-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I've read that not all members of PETA are as extreme as some others are but this idea is just ridiculous. Sure, they were wild animals a LONG time ago. Cities aren't the same as when they were wild animals..their survival instincts just aren't strong enough to go against cars and such.

Twisterdog
04-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Ah come on ... can't you just see it .... herds of wild chihuahuas and dachshunds bringing down a caribou or zebra?

;)

PETA is a ridiculous ... and dangerous ... organization.

catnapper
04-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I think they are sitting in their offices smoking something funny. That can be the only possible excplanation for that particular philosophy. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

CathyBogart
04-04-2004, 03:33 PM
I can't say I'm surprised. They've been working with the "Humane" Society to ban the keeping of reptiles for a LONG time. I'ts horrendous that they would do that, but I'm not terribly surprised. Neither PETA or the "humane" society gets any money/efforts from me! :mad:

dukedogsmom
04-04-2004, 05:08 PM
That's about the dumbest thing I've heard lately. What a bunch of jerks.