PDA

View Full Version : 105 The Dawg (radio station)

sweet_stormy
04-02-2004, 05:34 PM
ok, im not tryin to say that 105 The Dawg is a bad radio station (for little kids it is), but im getting tired of Scorch being so rude. The last time i listened to that station the topic was "do all cats land on their feet when they fall?" they took like 6 cats on top of a building and dropped them off to see if they landed on their feet. i didnt find out the results of the poor little cats, i couldnt stand to find them out. that just makes me angry that Scorch would allow that to go on that station. :mad:

Uabassoon
04-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Are you sure they did that for real and that it wasn't just a joke? I'm sure there is some kind of animal cruelty law that wouldn't allow them to drop cats from buildings. But even if it was just a joke that still isn't right :mad:

sweet_stormy
04-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Scorch said it was live. but i dont really know. hes got a sick kind of humor.

Dogz
04-02-2004, 11:51 PM
That is horrible. I hope it wasn't real. Maybe you could try calling the radio station and seeing if it actually was real. If it was, there has to be a law against it.

IttyBittyKitty
04-03-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Dogz
That is horrible. I hope it wasn't real. Maybe you could try calling the radio station and seeing if it actually was real. If it was, there has to be a law against it.

I agree - it was probably just a sick joke, but it would be worth finding out the facts then making a formal complaint to the relative authorities - stations could get their license revoked (at least here in Australia) for broadcasting things like that!

lovemyshiba
04-03-2004, 07:53 AM
I would think it was a joke as well.
A cruel and sick joke, but still....

It would be worth looking into however--if they really did do that, they could be in some serious trouble.

catnapper
04-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Were you by chance listening on April 1st? Lots of stations like to do that stupid stuff as an April fools type of thing. Dumb and irresponsible yes... because someone just might try it for themselves.

Believe me, its not fun. Pouncer fell off the balcony the other day (only one story, but..) and I was beside myself. He's not hurt, but he did try to catch himself and his claws are a bit broke right now.

sweet_stormy
04-03-2004, 05:23 PM
i dont think it was on April 1st. i would have remembered that. i think it was the day before. i dont know though.

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:41 AM
At any rate ... vote with your feet, and encourage others not to listen. THAT is one way to put a stop to idiots cashing in on cruelty (whether real or otherwise)