PDA

View Full Version : Unexplaned Rolling???????

FizzGiggs_Mommy
04-02-2004, 09:31 AM
I was Taking FizzGigg for his normal hour walk when all of a sudden I feel a tug on the leash behind me
I look back to see what he was doing he was..........Rolling in BIRD POOH

What is it with doggies rolling in strange smells He was smashing his face in it as hard as he can rolling in it even thow it was on asfault My Sister-In-Laws Bichon rolls in dead frogs

Do any of your Doggies roll in odd smelling stuff?

K9soul
04-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Just about all dogs do that I've ever known. Wolves do this in the wild to cover their scent, to better stalk their prey without spooking them. Anything that has a strong scent to a dog generally is something they will want to roll in :)

Tasha will try to roll in anything, from nasty unmentionables to pine needles and clean laundry (with the smell of detergent on them).

lovemyshiba
04-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Mine don't get the opportunity to roll in dead animals very often, but they have their weird habits just the same.
Kito likes to roll on my hair just after I have washed it, or the towel I use after getting out of the shower!!! I like to think that it's because they are clean and smell nice, but he also loves to roll on my socks after I take my shoes off from work:p

pitc9
04-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Sierra LOVES to roll on dryer sheets!
(the ones that fall on the floor when I pull the laundry out!!)

robinh
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Mine all roll on anything that smells really bad. The only way I can get them to stop is to threaten with a bath.