PDA

View Full Version : Tears and questions flow in hit-and-run aftermath

Kfamr
04-02-2004, 06:50 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/04/02/Tampabay/Tears_and_questions_f.shtml

When he woke up in the hospital, he called out for Bryant. The big brother who was like a father.

:( :( :( :(

lovemyshiba
04-02-2004, 09:28 AM
How terribly sad.:(

I will pray for the mother who had to bury her children, as well as the other children who are in the hospital.

I hope they find whoever did this--how sickening.

ramanth
04-02-2004, 12:38 PM
So tragic. :( :( I do hope they catch the people that hit them.

And now... I might get flamed for this... but...

I'm am a huge advocator for using cross walks. I know people just idly jaywalk, but you shouldn't.

Maybe the children looked first (the article makes it sound like they just stepped out into traffic without looking), maybe they didn't.

Were the cars speeding? Could they see the children?

That is my biggest fear.. a child just stepping out in front of me not paying attention.

I'm always wary at crosswalks and intersections but I don't expect them to just appear on a stretch of road. Though, if I did hit someone, I would stop.

I am disgusted that they took off. That makes what could of been an accident a true crime.

minkyboodle
04-02-2004, 05:01 PM
I have to agree about the jaywalking thing. When I was a senior in high school I would drive to school early in the morning most times before the sun went up. One morning I was driving down the road with 3 lanes on either side and I was in the middle lane with not too much traffic around me but some cars still there...and as I drove through a strip of road not too too far off from a street light I passed by some students wearing dark clothing walking across the left lane....i only saw them as I was passing, Man, it FREAKED me out!!I could have hit them cause I couldn't see them at all!!

Of course if I would have hit someone I would have stopped and called for an ambulance then cried my eyes out...I can't believe more than 1 person drove away from it!!

PayItForward
04-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Why did the mum let her 2 and 3 year old children out of her sight ?

I can understand letting the 8 & 14 years old kids go to the park together but not letting them take the babies with them !

I also agree about jay walking. They were very close to a proper crossing point, they should have been trained to use the proper crossing points.

Like I was trained how to cross the street properly by my parents and I was tested about how to cross the road before they let me go anywhere on my own. I was 10 years old before I cross one street on my own to go to the local shop.

Poor children. :(

And the drivers should have stopped and rang for help, regardless if it was their fault or not. Leaving the scene of the accident is just criminal :mad:

catnapper
04-03-2004, 12:33 PM
What a terrible story. I also agree about the cross walk issue. I can't drive through the city without having to hit the brakes at least once every block for people who step out in front of me. They don't even look - they just step out and start crossing. Their attitude is that I'll either stop or hit them... then they can sue the crud out of me.:mad:

Now, also on the jaywalking side, we have a cross walk right out front of my house. I never ever use it because when I stand at the cross walk, I can't see what's coming from the right - the trees are large and overgrown out front of the business there. When I walk down to the middle of the block, I can see everything and cross without having to worry I'm going to get hit. So I'm basically doing what I hate. But I also WAIT until there's no traffic or I walk down to the other corner and cross with the stop sign.. this is what I do when I'm with Nicki.

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Why did the mum let her 2 and 3 year old children out of her sight ?

I can understand letting the 8 & 14 years old kids go to the park together but not letting them take the babies with them !

I also agree about jay walking. They were very close to a proper crossing point, they should have been trained to use the proper crossing points.

Like I was trained how to cross the street properly by my parents and I was tested about how to cross the road before they let me go anywhere on my own. I was 10 years old before I cross one street on my own to go to the local shop.

Poor children. :(

And the drivers should have stopped and rang for help, regardless if it was their fault or not. Leaving the scene of the accident is just criminal :mad:

I guess that Mum will be asking herself that very same question, every day until the day she dies. What an awful story, I just cannot understand why one car, let alone two, would take off after hitting precious ones? It's disgusting!! If you've got nothing to hide and it was not your fault that you hit that person, then you will be cleared ... and if it WAS your fault, then you should accept responsibility for your actions.