PDA

View Full Version : Is Eddie a .... pervert?????

Edwina's Secretary
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Lately Eddie has been getting on the bed with me at night ...before Edwina comes up stairs. I started playing with him... moving my hand under the covers. He jumps on my hand and chases it. Then last week he started clamping on the bedspread (the two week old bedspread I might add ...which now had teeth holes :rolleyes: ) He kneads with his front legs, he kneads with his back legs, he squeeks. Sometimes he rolls onto his side. He gets very intense.

Last night he demanded I get into bed and as soon as I did he jump up and began his performance. Edwina sat on the floor looking at him ...very perplexed.

Eddie is neutered. Is this a perversion? Am I being used as a surrogate? Or is this normal cat behavior? (all my prior experience has been with female cats.)

slick
04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
I think he just loves you soooo much and that's how he shows his affection towards you.

either that or.....

He's just trying to show HH that he can get just as much attention out of you as she can.

kuhio98
04-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Well, it does sound like Eddie is very excited to spend this time with you.

Now, I'm getting a little worried. My Halo likes to do the same thing and she's a girl! :eek:

Craftlady
04-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Skinny who is a male and fixed jumps up on our laps and kneads, squeeks and prances for 5 mins and then jumps off your lap.
It's a male thing because Thumper (female) doesn't do that to us.

Cataholic
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Of all my kitties, and the other ones I have known, only Tex does this. He has been nuetered since at least 6 months of age, and he is now 13 (well, he will be on 5/5). The strange thing is, for a loooooong time he didn't do it, now, it is back! I just ignore it..he he he.

No, Eddie is not a pervert.

Logan
04-01-2004, 10:27 AM
It certainly doesn't sound like the normal "biscuit making", Sarah!! :eek: Butter is great biscuit maker, but I've never seen this kind of behavior from him!!! Perhaps Eddie is flirting in a most noticable way with you!!! :o

Barbara
04-01-2004, 10:32 AM
When I am lying in bed, reading, Tigris comes, makes a fair amount of biscuit dough while ruining all my bed sheets (the dark blue ones look like the starry sky:rolleyes: ) before he settles down for a purring and cuddling session. I think it's normal:D

But...

should you ask a Pet Talker what is normal between cat and human???????

catmandu
04-01-2004, 10:34 AM
I dont think that Eddie is a Pervert ,it might be that he as taken from his Mother too soon ,and he is kneading you , as his Meowmie! Sam the Siamses , does this all the time , lying on my chest , and kneading me ,as did my Best Friend , Cat Angel Mr. Scrappy!

catnapper
04-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Pouncer does that. Its a nightly ritual with him and my husband. He's not picky; he'll play with me too, but hubby really gets into it and will play forever. Allen does the same thing as Edwina and looks at them like they're nuts.

No, Eddie's not a pervert. I think he just loves soething about the new comforter and the new game.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2004, 10:45 AM
That's what Tubby used to do with his slipper. :D Maybe you can find some stuffed toy or something that you can slowly introduce instead of your hand under the comforter. ;)

I think this is perfectly normal behavior. We'll have to get the decency police on it, though, to determine if it's perverted or not. ;) :D

Edwina sat on the floor looking at him ...very perplexed. Seems Eddie has the females in the house all perplexed, might want to ask the curly haired one. He might be able to explain it. ;) :D

ramanth
04-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Awww Eddie can't be a pervert! Can he? :D

gini
04-01-2004, 12:24 PM
I think that it is Spring.

Over the years, all of my male babies have gone a little bonkers when it is Springtime.

prettykitty1
04-01-2004, 12:31 PM
That is weird i have not seen that happen. That is kinda weird but other peoples cat do it so it just might be somthing they do

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Eddie is such a gorgeous boy, I could NEVER think anything bad of him.......I think he is trying to make HH jealous!!!

cubby31682
04-01-2004, 12:50 PM
That is what Cubby does except he humps your hands feet or what ever is moving under the blankets. We don't play those games with him anymore. But there are still times when we turn over and he will try to hump us I just move my feet/legs really fast out from under the blankets and then he will lung at my face to attack me. He was on medication for his 'problem' but the medicine only made him not him self. And I hated to see him not him self. He wouldn't play with a thing not even his mice that he loves so much. It was a very hard decision to stop the medication but I still honestly believe that it was the right one. I tried everything the lesser doses and all. I just hope that Eddie's play time doesn't turn in to Cubby play time.

catcrazylady
04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
ROFLOL!!! I'm going to be honest...Yes Eddie, you're a pervert!!! How do I know? Because I have one at home just like you and I call him a pervert all the time!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Pepper Jack does exactly the same thing except he uses my leg or foot to hold on to during his EXCITED moments.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I love you Eddie just like I love my little pervert Pepper Jack!

Vio&Juni
04-01-2004, 12:59 PM
To me it sounds like he feels at home, very comfortable. And if he's at home he can do whatever he wants :D

Randi
04-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by slick
I think he just loves you soooo much and that's how he shows his affection towards you.

either that or.....

He's just trying to show HH that he can get just as much attention out of you as she can.
I think Slick is right!! :D

Miss Meow
04-01-2004, 03:48 PM
We must have four perverts then because they all love to chase a hand under the quilt and try to attack it. They don't seem amorous though, hmmm, maybe Eddie is a bit on the strange side!

RedHedd
04-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I think it's a GUY thing .... my Mishi does this with Muffy the teddy bear .... I call him my horny little kitty .... yes, he's neutered too :rolleyes: I love my not-so-little perv kitty! :D :p

IttyBittyKitty
04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Lately Eddie has been getting on the bed with me at night ...before Edwina comes up stairs. I started playing with him... moving my hand under the covers. He jumps on my hand and chases it. Then last week he started clamping on the bedspread (the two week old bedspread I might add ...which now had teeth holes :rolleyes: ) He kneads with his front legs, he kneads with his back legs, he squeeks. Sometimes he rolls onto his side. He gets very intense.

Last night he demanded I get into bed and as soon as I did he jump up and began his performance. Edwina sat on the floor looking at him ...very perplexed.

Eddie is neutered. Is this a perversion? Am I being used as a surrogate? Or is this normal cat behavior? (all my prior experience has been with female cats.)

Randi does that too! Worse thing is, he lies up close and likes to knead ... er, tender cushy bits!

He kneads with both sets of paws, too AND he squeaks! I think it's cute! (Except when he is sticking claws into soft, squishy bits)