PDA

View Full Version : Best "keep away" product/idea?

Twink
04-01-2004, 09:23 AM
So. We have discovered that our little chewaholic has been munching on our FM atenna, speaker cables, etc. So far he seems to have left the big cords alone (thank goodness! The word "zap" comes to mind...). But this must end! The FM antenna is in many pieces. Rizzo's daddy is unhappy. *I* am unhappy. And Rizzo seems to be in imminent danger of having his whiskers frizzled! :eek:

We can't conceal all of the cords and cables, given the layout of our apartment. So, what's the best way to make the cables unappealing? I've heard that lemon juice or hot sauce will do the trick, but I'm afraid that would be sticky and/or potentially smelly. Do any of the anti-cat sprays and solutions actually work? Any better ideas? He's been pretty easily conditioned in the past. The double-sided-sticky-tape worked wonders to keep him from scratching the couch.

*grumble* silly cat *grumble* shoulda been a bunny rabbit *complain, mumble*... :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I've had luck with the citrus sprays, but plain ol' lemon juice sounds like it might work too, and it shouldn't be too sticky and the only odor might be a nice lemony fresh scent. ;) :D

emily_the_spoiled
04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
When I first got my babies I used those anit-cat sprays to prevent them from scratching the furniture. They seemed to work quite well, but I also provide a couple of scratching posts (with catnip) as an altnerative. I still have all of my furniture (with very few marks).

The sprays have a horrible smell and I didn't want to stain anything so I sprayed them on a rag and then put the rag on the furniture I didn't want them to use. After about a week that took care of things.

catmandu
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Any sort of Citrus smelling cleaning solution seems to do the trick ,as JJJ3 used to cosider the cords ,an invatation to CHEW!