PDA

View Full Version : The nerve!

Tonya
03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Just a little lame rant...

Today, a guy I work with said "Tonya, do you mind if I be honest with you? I'd like to mention something without you getting offended."

Of course, now I'm curious, so I say "No, go ahead...I won't get upset..."

"Well the guys and I noticed the other day that when you were bending over that your pants are tight. We were just saying that it looks like it's time for you to go on a diet."

WTF? :eek: Yeah, so I porked up a bit over the winter, I do every year. But still! WTF?!

catnapper
03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
How hard did your chin hit the ground? I've had people say this to me and its a)none of their business and b) incredibly rude.

I'd have said, "well, with all of the sexual harassment that I've been experiencing lately, I have been seeking out comfort foods." What's he to say to that?

Tonya
03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
LMAO...I wish I'd thought of that...I was soooo speechless....Like I haven't @#&!*&$ noticed that I've gained weight. Piss off, jerk!

Miss Meow
03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
How hard did your chin hit the ground? I've had people say this to me and its a)none of their business and b) incredibly rude.

I'd have said, "well, with all of the sexual harassment that I've been experiencing lately, I have been seeking out comfort foods." What's he to say to that?

I love your comeback!

I hate the phrase, "To be honest ..." It really means, "I'm about to be offensive ..."

trayi52
03-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Did you tell him he was not to be looking there in the first place. My god, you have a face! So it sounds like the guys are watching something beside their manners!

Willie

guster girl
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Just a little lesson from Pulp Fiction. Never say you're not going to get upset before you know what someone may say. You're almost always going to break the promise. ;) Anyway, sorry he said that to you, people can be so inconsiderate. I did have one girl say something similar to a friend of mine, only she was even less tactful than your co-worker. She basically called her fat, so, I stuck up for her. I'd heard a joke, and, said "well, you're ugly, and, at least she can lose the weight." She laughed and the other girl got pissed. And, she wasn't ugly, but, it worked like a charm. I usually don't come up with stuff to say on the spot, but, when I do, it's usually a doozie. ;)

slick
03-31-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry I shouldn't make light of this subject, but if it were me they said that to, I would have said,

"Why THANK YOU. I've really been trying hard to gain some weight and I think it looks good on me. I feel sooo much better. Really, thanks for noticing."

Then I'd walk away with a big smile on my face, all the while thinking "JERKS...."

G.P.girl
03-31-2004, 10:32 PM
OMG!! that' so rude! what did you say to him?

moosmom
03-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Tonya,

I don't care HOW awful a person looks or what I think they look like, I would never EVER be that bold and say something so cruel. But I guess I have a little more tact and class than the guys you work with. Talk about Judzpah!!! (sp?)

I would've said "And what were you guys doing looking at my butt to begin with????"

captain
04-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Tonya,

After the guy had picked himself up off the floor .............. :mad:
"Gee, I wonder how my big fat fist ended up smacking you in the head - hmmmmmmm ????? :confused: :D

BUT,
A few weeks ago, I bumped into a guy I have not seen for awhile who asked me if I was pregnant !!!!!!!
I HAVE LOST 8 KGS!!!!
Mind you, I do wear baggy clothes to work, but BOY I did let him have a piece of my mind!
(He is 3 times my size by the way!!!!!)

prettykitty1
04-01-2004, 12:18 AM
OMG why would some one say that..:mad:

popcornbird
04-01-2004, 12:26 AM
My goodness!!!! :mad: Not only is he saying you gained weight, but he's saying when you bent down your pants were tight?!?! :eek: Seriously.............I think he needs to look the other way. :rolleyes: Something like this is bad enough coming from another woman, but its even worse coming from a man. The nerve some people have! :mad: Why is he staring there in the first place? UGH!

I wouldn't be able to tell someone they are overweight even if they need to lose 300 pounds. Its something that's incredibly hurtful, rude, and MEAN, to say! And this is coming from someone you work with? :eek: I wouldn't even be able to say something like that to someone I'm very close too.

Some people.......:rolleyes:

Tonya
04-01-2004, 08:18 AM
I didn't say anything. I was pretty much speechless. I don't care if it's my mother or my closest friend, I don't tell people things like that. I figure that they've probably noticed the problem themselves. It's none of my business.

rizzy
04-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Omg!:mad: That is so rude, how can people be some cruel!:mad: :eek: Maybe you can just pretend that it didnt offend you at all, like you forgot and could care less. Is this guy your friend or someone who would like to just get you good? I dont know some people these days...