PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

Pam
03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Tonight while eating dinner Ripley noticed for the first time that if he looks into the oven window and also at the front of the dishwasher he can see "another" dog! :p He went from one to the other growling and putting his paw on each surface. We can't understand how he hasn't noticed this before since he has been with us for almost 15 months now. It might be because we had the lights a little more dimmed tonight and it caught his reflection just so. Silly boy! :rolleyes: Anyone else have any "reflection" stories? :)

DogLover9501
03-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Jasper *LOVES* himself!!! :o He looks at himself in the oil stove door, mirrors, oven, fish tank..etc, and sometimes sits there for 10-15 minutes staring at his handsome self :p

Jasper was also like that when we got our stand up shower, because the door is a full mirror, jumping around and looking behind it to find the dog.

catnapper
03-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Nicki's PETRIFIED of mirrors! I once got a new mirror for my room that was huge and heavy. I needed to hang it properly, so I leaned it against the wall until I could enlist the aid of friends to lift, steady, & mount the mirror for me. Nicki refused to come into my room for the time that the mirror stood on the floor leaning against the wall.:rolleyes:

My girl is afraid of everything:p

Cookiebaker
03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Silly Ripley! You sound adorable!!! :D

It's funny that you posted this Pam, 'cause I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago!

Malone has never noticed his shadow, nor his reflection. And Emerson is totally into his reflection. There is a small mirror that sits on our bedroom floor, and he prances back and forth woofing and hoofing at himself. Also, on our walks, he notices our shadows in the sunlight, and woofs and poofs at them, too. :D It's so cute!!

lovemyshiba
03-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Kito just loves to stare at himself in the mirror!! When he first came to live with us we used to laugh so hard at him--he would sit in the bedroom and stare at himself for ever!!!

I think Jada just discovered the mirror the other day. She consistently licks the other dogs--all the time. She's always licking Abbey and Riley's ears, face, mouth, and anywhere she can get her mouth on. A couple of days ago, I woke up to a weird noise...it was Jada, licking the face of the rottweiler she saw in the mirror!!!!!
:) :) :) :)

LoudLou
03-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Pam
... if he looks into the oven window and also at the front of the dishwasher he can see "another" dog! ...

LOUD LOUIE does this every once in a while, however, Lou's not so "Brave". When the tennis ball lands anywhere close to the dishwasher or stove, he will stand there and bark at it until Mommy or Daddy comes and stands next to it so that the "Boogie - Dog" in the stove/dishwasher doesn't get him... The Beans sit on the counter and just look at him as if he's insane!:rolleyes:

Pam
04-01-2004, 06:19 AM
This thread is hilarious. Each post I read has me laughing out loud. Ripley said for me to tell you that Jasper, Nicki, Emerson, Kito, Jada, and Loud Louie are just being very good watch dogs. They wouldn't want any other dog, real or imagined, to invade their home! :p Keep posting those funny stories everyone! :)

ParNone
04-01-2004, 10:59 AM
No good reflection stories for my crew, but I've a friend who has a JRT, that was fascinated with the lil' JRT in the mirror. She'd go take all of her toys up to the mirror, one by one, either trying to entice the lil' dog to play or to check out how she looked with each one of her toys, like a girl modeling a dress. :) Not sure which.

Par...

Tweety_Pie
04-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I have a good reflection story :P

When we were visiting my Nana.. we brought Taffy along.. she was about 5 months old at the time, and it was her first time seeing a sliding glass door. She saw her reflection in the door and ran straight for it as fast as she could barking and she ran straight into the glass sliding door lol.

Taffy also used to bark at the other dog in the tv lol, when the tv was turned off! hahaha

honor_fl
04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
We just bought a used mirrored curio cabinet and brought it into the house, placing it right in front of Cassius' crate. I think it was the first time Cassius had ever seen a mirror, and he was convinced another dog had come into the house. He howled and barked until we had to move it.