PDA

View Full Version : thursday #48!

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 02:21 PM
:confused:

2kitties
03-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Thank goodness!
I have less than 3 days left at this crummy job! Serve me up a cold one, barkeep!

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 02:36 PM
DONE.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
How 'bout we have a Thursday about "nothing." You know, like Seinfeld had a show about "nothing?" Richard appears to be at a loss, so I suggest he go look in the lost and found. ;)

I'll have a rum runner today. I've been thinking about them for the last couple of weeks, and all the fun we had in Key West the last time I had one, so I'll mix up a batch, anyone else interested? :D

slick
03-31-2004, 02:56 PM
48??? Let's see.

There are 48 hours in 2 days.
If you are 48 you are 2 years away from 50.
Somewhere around the world the #48 bus will take you downtown.
Somewhere around the world there has to be a 48th Street or a 48th Avenue.
There are 576 inches in 48 feet.
There are 144 feet in 48 yards.

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 02:56 PM
DONE.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
DONE.

From Dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

done ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dn)
v.
Past participle of do.

adj.
Having been carried out or accomplished; finished: a done deed.
Cooked adequately.
Socially acceptable: Spitting on the street is just not done in polite society.
Informal. Totally worn out; exhausted.

Idioms:
done for Informal
Doomed to death or destruction.
done in
Informal Totally worn out; exhausted.

Miss Meow
03-31-2004, 03:07 PM
I once had a drink called 'Nothing', possibly a Greek drink, but the rest of the night is just a haze of patched together memories :o

I'll have a double whatever's going. My job's moving interstate, I'm not, and therein lies a problem :(

slick
03-31-2004, 03:11 PM
DONE.
Spelled backwards: ENOD

"I looked around the room and ENODED at me":D

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
I started the thread as an April Fool's joke...

I was just going to reply to EVERYTHING with one word-DONE.

I see that will not do...

Since it is supposed to be a silly day and we do have some serious things to take care of....so.....

Fuzzy Pirate

3/4 oz. Peach Schnapps & Captain Morgan, Dash of Orange Curacao, Splash of Orange juice

Shake over ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass....

I looked for a "nothing" and found nothing!!

guster girl
03-31-2004, 03:16 PM
Seinfeld was cool, except I didn't like George. But, I'll take a double shot of patron silver, please, undressed. ;)

catland
03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
ARRGGG - I'll have a fuzzy pirate mate.

D - that's the way it begins.
O - that's the second letter in..
N - N is the third..
and E is the fourth letter in the word..

darn - that has fewer letters than C H I C K E N

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by slick
Spelled backwards: ENOD

From Acronym Finder (http://www.acronymfinder.com)

Acronym Definition

ENOD - Employee Not on Duty

Translation - look in the lost and found.
:D

KYS
03-31-2004, 03:27 PM
I am in the mood for a strawberry margarita.

I just bought an ice-cream maker so I will
make everybody some heath bar crunch yogart
if you want. : )

robinh
03-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Wow, am I glad to see the bar open. This has been one of those days. Worked all day and seems like I haven't accomplished anything at all.

Give me a DOTD, good man. A round for the house - on me.

I'm definitely DONE in about 30 minutes. Going home to the puppies. At least they like me - what's not to like - I'm a source of door opening, food, water providing, toy tossing, sock thief chasing, warmth at night - everything they need.

Make that two for me!

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by catland
ARRGGG - I'll have a fuzzy pirate mate.

D - that's the way it begins.
O - that's the second letter in..
N - N is the third..
and E is the fourth letter in the word..

darn - that has fewer letters than C H I C K E N

lolololol....

One day one of the guys needed some info,
he starts to spell the word like this.

W-as in water
a-as in ater
t-as in ter
e as in er
r as in rrrrrrrrr..

I stood there for a second totally confused, not a
hard thing for me...until I got it....

A fuzzy pirate for you....

DONE!

GG,

Naked Patron silver..

DONE!

MM,

A double Pirate for you....Does this mean that you will be *gulp* unemployed??:(

KYS,
straw margie for you!

T&P,

LOOK at you.....

All full of P and V.....is that what a vacation does to you???;)

RH,

Double Pirates, matey!

DONE..

And give the critters hugs and slugs for me!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
T&P,
LOOK at you.....
All full of P and V.....is that what a vacation does to you???;)

You know it! And not only last weekend, but we've been discussing our upcoming trip to Palm Desert so that's one we're really looking forward too. Not to mention next weekend (Easter weekend) we're off to the spa for the weekend. My mom, Aunt, Terry and I go every year for a weekend - gotta love it. Nothing to worry about except whether your loofah scrub is next or your swedish massage. So I guess I'm happy because the long dark days of winter are finally over with and....va-ca-tion days are here again! (sung to the tune of happy days are here again!). :D

Sure I'll have another, and then maybe I should try and do some work around here for a change. :o

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Debbie, I'll join you with those rum runners!

I am ready for the next two weeks to be over...I turned in my notice, that I am quitting my job April 15, andnow I just want to be done with it!

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Debbie, I'll join you with those rum runners!

I am ready for the next two weeks to be over...I turned in my notice, that I am quitting my job April 15, andnow I just want to be done with it!

T&P

DONE!

CM,

It will be over before your know it!!

DONE!

trayi52
03-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi everybody, how are you all doing? It has turned so cool here. I went for a walk and the wind was so cold, my ears got cold!

I just want a Hot Buttered Rum, maybe it will warm me up!

I'm so glad to see you back Debbie, I know you had fun though. I loved your pics of your new cabinets.

Willie:)

Cataholic
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I hope those of you quitting your job are planning on visiting me in Cincinnati? The timing would be perfect- lots of painting to do.

Richard, I will take a DOTD, sans alcohol, please.

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I hope those of you quitting your job are planning on visiting me in Cincinnati? The timing would be perfect- lots of painting to do.

Richard, I will take a DOTD, sans alcohol, please.

The thought did cross my mind to make a trip to Cincy before I start my new job. I only have Friday and the weekend off April 16-18), and Sunday is the PT gathering in Findlay, but I did consider doing some shopping down Cincinnati. I'll let you know if I decide to do it!

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I went for a walk and the wind was so cold, my ears got cold!

I just want a Hot Buttered Rum, maybe it will warm me up!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUTSIDE WITHOUT A HAT ON??
Always wanted to say that, lololol.

DONE!

Cat,

You can drink Cyber-hol!!!

I'll make you a regular one just in case you have the urge!

trayi52
03-31-2004, 06:13 PM
My ears stick out too much for a hat?? Dumbo ears?;) That can be a problem, hats just don't fit right!

I take another HBR!

captain
03-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Anything at all please, barkeep.

Is there an "anti-stress" drink with alcohol in it .........?

Miss M - WHAT THE?????:eek:

slick
03-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, another day from "you now where". Work not going well at all. I'll take something really really strong....and I don't just mean "smell-wise". Thanks. Someone please make it Friday????

G.P.girl
03-31-2004, 07:26 PM
oh gee....thanks for reminding me...tomarrow is april Fools day..oh joy....what could possibly be more fun than seeing a bunch or seventh and eighth graders trying to play the same stuid jokes that people have been playing for years:rolleyes: ...maybe i'll take a whoopie cushion to school....just to be stupid...wow i just realized! i'll only have 4 more April Fool's Days where i'm in school and can play these stupid jokes! (college doesn't count) hmmmmm...

Miss Meow
03-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by captain
Anything at all please, barkeep.

Is there an "anti-stress" drink with alcohol in it .........?

Miss M - WHAT THE?????:eek:

A glass of cold champagne cures all stress :) Shame it's not an acceptable part of the office routine ;)

Our whole dept is being relocated to Canberra. We are now 'potentially excess' to Defence's requirements. There are no jobs here at my level, so I may have to commute to the city. Or, I just saw a guy about a lower level job and they'd maintain my income for 12 months - but ... what to do at the end of that time if there are no jobs??? Too hard, champagne please!

Corinna
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
I will have a HBR. sounds like every one had the same kind of crappy day.
I got a sun burn yesterday(75) , and today it was a sweater day (50) abd windy.

slick
04-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Happy Thursday everyone and happy April Fool's Day. May none of you get caught today. It's a beautiful day her, not a cloud in the sky and morning sunshine is warming up my apartment.

I'll go put on the coffee before everyone arrives.

G.P.girl
04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
happy april fools day!

oh yeha! do any of you guys like soy milk? i just tried some on my cereal and it was gross it tasted like flavored water. maybe it was just this brand.

lbaker
04-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Cold (may get UP to 50 degrees, oh boy), rainy, bleek - how do I spell relief? T-H-U-R-S-D-A-Y-S Oh, I've been sick for the last few days but had to come in today to run the print order for the April 9 issue. Turns out there was a major electrical shutdown overnight so print order will be late anyway. And for this I came to work :confused: ARRRRGH MATEY I just want to go home and change into my snuggies and curl up with a few dogs and cats and watch the soaps and eat bon-bons (just kidding about the soaps, more of a NYPD Blue or ER type).

slick
04-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Sorry you are not feeling well Laurie. Why don't you just curl up on the couch by the fire with Mario and rest awhile. What can I bring you????

I guess we should be on guard today. If anyone's likely to pull an April Fool's joke it's Richard......

lbaker
04-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Hot buttered rum sounds good Slick, thanks. Either Mario doesn't want to get sick or he doesn't like my bunny slippers :rolleyes: . He's keeping his distance this morning. Tried to get through to PetTalk from home yesterday p.m. with an emergency HELP call but couldn't get hooked up. Called Gini and she helped. Seemed some young little baby squirel fell out of it's nest and when son went outside to check it out it crawled right into son's hand and started to snuggle. Dogs were going NUTZ of course. Well next thing you know squirrel's name is Charlie and he began to feel quite at home under Ken's sweatshirt up against his chest. Will be taking Charlie to a wildlife rehab place today. I don't like squirels but who can't like babies? What a bunch of pushovers we are

slick
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
OK Laurie, HBR DONE!

Years ago my X and I were in Stanley park and came across a black baby squirrel that was abandoned because the Mom got hit by a car. I took it home after consulting the Zoo staff and raised it for about 3 months, then took it back to the park and set it free. I called him Skippy. At the time I had two cats so keeping them separated was a chore.

Pushovers??? There must be a sign on your front door :D :D

lbaker
04-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Like those hobo signs? Can squirrels and bunnies read signs?

By the way:

The commonly accepted origin of April Fool's Day involves changes in the calendar. At one time, the New Year celebration began on March 25 and ended on April 1. However in 1952, King Charles IX adopted the Gregorian calendar and accepted the beginning of the new year as January 1. Those who refused to acknowledge the new date or simply forgot received foolish gifts and invitations to non-existent parties. The butt of such a prank was known as a "poisson d'avril" or "April fish".

Fish & Chips for lunch today anyone? Better than fish Butts I guess.

slick
04-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey, I was born in '52!!!! Would love fish and chips as long as the fish is Halibut.

Speaking about fish parts, I went to dim sum a few years ago and had salmon cheeks. Boy were they ever good.

lbaker
04-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Must have been a typo :o Maybe 1592? Salmon cheeks?? YUK. Sushi yes, fish faces? NO

Corinna
04-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Good morning all well I hope you all didn't awake to the great aprils fools joke i got from Mother nature after getting a sun burn 2 days ago we got a1/2" of SNOW. and its still doing it. :mad:

Logan
04-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Our sun is shining, thank goodness!! Richard, I'll take a DOTD. I'm getting ready to get involved with a conference call, which is ususally about 1 1/2 hours long. I can use that drink, right away!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
'morning everybody. :) Sun is shining brightly here too, now if the heat would only join it. ;) I know, I know, it's always cooler by the lake, but a few degrees would sure be nice.

It's funny, I'm really feeling kinda crappy today, but I'm in a really good mood. Usually those two don't go together. :confused: So I'm trying to concentrate on the good mood and forget the feeling crappy part.

I think Miss M's idea of champagne sounds wonderful. I haven't had champagne in years and years and years! My best friend, who moved to a different state when we were about 25 or so, and I would always have to have some pink champagne whenever she came home or I went to visit her. It got to be a tradition, until one year she decided she didn't like champagne anymore. Now she lives in Seattle and is a wine coniseur (sp?) but still doesn't like champagne. :confused:

Anyway, Laurie, I hope you're feeling better, Corinna I'm jealous of your sunburn and so far I haven't been "taken" by any April Foolers.....so far. ;) :D

dukedogsmom
04-01-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm in a bah humbug mood today. Don't really know why, though. So, the champagne sounds like just the trick! Although, got to be careful since I'm at work. Ever had orange juice and champagne? I've always wondered what it tasted like together.

RICHARD
04-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
So, the champagne sounds like just the trick! Although, got to be careful since I'm at work. Ever had orange juice and champagne? I've always wondered what it tasted like together.

tasty!

DONE!

Logan,

DONE!

I got taken by a radio station this morning!

And I got a nice sunburn on Sat and Sun splitting wood!! It itches now!!:eek:

gini
04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Good morning to you all too! It is overcast and blah here. I think the only day that is ALWAYS sunny is New Year's Day.

The whole world watches the Rose Bowl parade and the game and think that it is always like that here. And then they move here!!!

Laurie, that sounds like a good solution for Charlie. I have a lot of squirrels in my back yard and even though I don't speak "squirrel" - they sure sound as though they are saying pretty nasty stuff to Annie and Emma. Annie and Emma think that it is only a matter of time before they catch one. Rascal being older and wiser just sleeps through these confrontations.

I could swear that these squirrels are sticking out their tongues and taunting the kitties.

Fish faces? You guys are eating fish faces? It must be an April Fool's joke. But sometimes, I think that I am the April Fool!:D

Richard? Why is my name on the bathroom wall with my phone number below it?

Yes, I want a drink! To drink? I guess the DOTD sounds good for starters.

Can you imagine if this wasn't a cyber bar and we were really all having alcohol early in the morning? The word would get out - don't hire those Pet Talker's. They are a lot of fun but don't get much work done.

Here is to a great day for all of us!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Richard, I think you and my dad would get along great - his favorite past time is cutting wood. They even bought another 10 acres of woods behind their house just so my dad would have something to do now that he's retired. ;) :D Ok, ok, so that's not why they bought it, but it sure comes in handy except now that it's spring the ground is way too mushy for him to get much done - so he rambles around the house aimlessly until the ground dries out. ;) :D And yes, when we were kids we each had our own axes, each with a different length handle depending on our size, and each painted a different color - how sweet and oh how we hated it. ;) :D

The radio station didn't get me because I know they do something every year so I'm prepared for it now. :rolleyes:

I'll have more champagne please. The boss is on his way in so my free time today is coming to an end. Have to enjoy it while I can. :(

slick
04-01-2004, 12:22 PM
LOL

As you all know I work for **ahem** a charitable org that shall be nameless......

I showed up for work last year with a really bad sunburn that I got from the dog wash in July........

Everyone kept putting skin cancer pamphlets on my desk .
Don't forget the sunscreen everyone.

Richard, you were taken in, taken out, or kidnapped????:D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
happy april fools day!

oh yeha! do any of you guys like soy milk? i just tried some on my cereal and it was gross it tasted like flavored water. maybe it was just this brand. NOPE! Wasn't just that brand. It all tastes like barf! I think plain water would be better.

Gosh, it's April 1st already?
YIKES!!! That means this week end we in the states (well most of us) get to FORFIT an hour sleep as we commence the yearly insanity of DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!!!
(Why DO they call it that since we LOSE time?)

I need a humongous cherry root beer and lots of hot onion rings! (PLEASE?)
;) :D

RICHARD
04-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by gini

Richard? Why is my name on the bathroom wall with my phone number below it?

Yes, I want a drink! To drink? I guess the DOTD sounds good for starters.

As if I know.....;)

DONE!

T&P,

lol, My dad split wood until he was 77!
He never bought me my own ax tho...

It kept him young....We have some guys drop off the wood, we rent a wood splitter and go to town.

We split about two cords over the weekend.

Champagne?
DONE!

Slick,

I don't remember!

MOFF,

Yep it's the first!

Cherry root beer, onion rings and catnip tea???

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2004, 01:37 PM
The kids say thanks for their tea. You should hear the slurping! Could drive a person nuts!

Where's Mario today? He's been awfully quiet ever since we cleaned out the L&F. Did someone get rid of something of his?

Come on Mario! I'll share my onion rings with you!:D

gini
04-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Mario is in the bathroom writing everyone's name and phone number on the walls.

What are we going to do with that boy? Come on Mario, MOFF has some onion rings for you! That's a good boy!

trayi52
04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I am very tired, I don't know why either. I think I need something to perk me up, or knock me out. I think I would rather have something to knock me out. Would a Hot Buttered Rum, with extra Rum work for that!?

Don't worry about Mario, he is kind of mad at me, because I told him to quit wiping his food all over the window! He keeps me busy washing the bananas and other of his favorite foods off the windows! Yuk! I can't see out my windows most of the time!

slick
04-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Gini, have you seen your count?????? 23 more to go and you hit 4,000!!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2004, 02:44 PM
we rent a wood splitter and go to town.

Rent??? Did you say you RENT a wood splitter? Geesh, my dad couldn't afford to buy one way back then so he BUILT one! :rolleyes: Although, I do remember being thrilled because that eliminated us having to use the mallet and wood splitters (the things that look like railroad spikes) to split the wood. Now all we had to do was HAUL it. I don't remember which was worse, splitting or hauling. :rolleyes: ;) :D I agree though, keeps 'em young, gives 'em something to do, and now that we're the recipients of some of the wood (we bring it along in the motorhome) I actually wouldn't mind going to help some weekend....hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't mind. ;) Funny, I thought my dad was one of a kind when it came to wood splitting, but I guess he's got company. ;) :D

lbaker
04-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I rent a wood splitter about once a year. Actually it's not a big deal because they're hydrolic and not much work to split the logs. It's kinda fun. The real work is rolling the big logs into position and then humping the split wood over to the wood pile. My late husband used to work for a tree company so we always had plenty of wood to get us through the winter. Now my son & I have to put some effort in just finding wood to split. Worth it though when you look at how much it costs to get someone to deliver already split wood.

RICHARD
04-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Rent??? Did you say you RENT a wood splitter? Geesh, my dad couldn't afford to buy one way back then so he BUILT one! :rolleyes: Funny, I thought my dad was one of a kind when it came to wood splitting, but I guess he's got company. ;) :D

LOLOLOLOLOL,

MY dad built his own too...

He took ill before he finished it.:( the frame work is still in the backyard.....

There is something satisfying about putting up wood for a fire....

Edward loves the idea!

:rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 10:09 AM
There is something satisfying about putting up wood for a fire....

And the most satisfying part is when you have that nice warm crackling fire to put your feet up to. :D

So where is everybody? Guess I'll start the cleanup. I know Slick is closed in her bedroom with Max. Slick, maybe if you s-q-e-e-z-e him, right near his bladder, next time he actually steps in the LB? ;)

Mario, can you hand me that dish rag please, I've got a few champagne glasses to clean up.....

gini
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Wait, I will help you! But look, isn't that some champagne left in that bottle in the fridge - and there is orange juice to go with it.

What the heck, it is Friday and a little Mimosa in the morning sounds just fine to me.

Usually it is so messy here - it doesn't look too bad this morning.

Did you hear a rustling in the wood pile? Hmmm, what could that be? Mario hears it too.

lbaker
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Maybe it's Pandy looking for fallen squirels? That mimosa sounds like just what the Dr ordered. I'll get another bottle of champagne out of the wine cellar ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 11:38 AM
EEEeeekkk! What in the world was that? :eek: It just jumped out of the wood pile and headed right for the L & F! Sure was no mouse or anything, course if it came out of the L & F to begin with who knows wat sort of poor morphidite creature it is.

Laurie, got that new bottle open yet? I'll have some please. Here, just pour it in this glass I just wiped out - thanks.

I know Gini, usually this place is a nightmare the next morning. Must have been a pretty quiet evening.

Just about lunch time here....hmmmm...what sounds good......

slick
04-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Sorry for not checking in sooner. Work is still not going very well.....but I'm breathing.....14 more years to until retirement :)

Anyway, check Cat Health. There is a Max update.

I need a drink please. Anything tall and strong. Thanks. Now, off to my next task.

gini
04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Now there are scratching noises coming from the L & F.

And it does not sound like a squirrel, or Pandy and the hair on Mario's back is standing straight up!

So much for a nice calm Friday!

slick
04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Can we please have a toast to those pets who have recently taken the northbound train to the RB; Bodo, Ginger and others. To the owners, we feel your pain.

trayi52
04-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree slick, a toast would be in order! Safe trip to Rainbow Brige, Ginger, Bodo and all the other beloved pets who have passed this week.

Willie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Here, here! :(

And here's to all the "small" things in the world - like having a cat pee for you. ;) :D

RICHARD
04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Here, here! :(

And here's to all the "small" things in the world - like having a cat pee for you. ;) :D

Small is a word that does not belong in that sentence, especially when talking about 'male'
cats....;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Small is a word that does not belong in that sentence, especially when talking about 'male'
cats....;)

Oops, sorry Richard and Max. :o :D

trayi52
04-02-2004, 02:01 PM
ROFLMBO! Must....have... drink....!! Beer...please!!:D :D

RICHARD
04-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Oops, sorry Richard and Max. :o :D

:)

Tray,

What are you laughing at????
;)

DONE!

trayi52
04-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Men and their pride, and thats cats included! When Stubby was just a little fellow, he started admiring his pride a little too much. A little trip to the vets and he just didn't care anymore. Of course, he is still mad at me for that decision. Hmmm and its been about fours years ago. Will he ever forgive me??;)

slick
04-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Pssssssttttt: Size isn't everything

Lunchtime here. May I have a beer to go along with my wonderful, tasty deep-dish chicken pie with big chunks of white chicken breast, peas, beans, carrots, potatoes; all topped off with a light flaky crust. MMMMMMMMMMM

tomkatzid
04-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Well this is only my 2nd time here to Thursdays . But I'm crying in my beer, (I hate my job and everyone there) so I want a new drink. It's too watered down now.
I know, I know, my job isn't any worse than anyone elses, but to me it is.
So... since I serve drinks for a living, maybe I'll have food instead. An extra fatty, juicy burger with greasy fries please and a shake, any kind, but not choc. Maybe use 1/2 and 1/2 instead of milk. :-)
Thanks Katz

TGIF

RICHARD
04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Well this is only my 2nd time here to Thursdays . But I'm crying in my beer, (I hate my job and everyone there) so I want a new drink. It's too watered down now.
I know, I know, my job isn't any worse than anyone elses, but to me it is.
So... since I serve drinks for a living, maybe I'll have food instead. An extra fatty, juicy burger with greasy fries please and a shake, any kind, but not choc. Maybe use 1/2 and 1/2 instead of milk. :-)
Thanks Katz

TGIF

One Beer....

There's no Crying at Thursdays!!!!

Jobs are the things we do to keep from being unemployed....

One fatty, juicy, greasy, artery clogging, heart stopping burger and fries, with a vanilla shake...

Give Mario a few fries.....he'll make you laugh!

DONE!

Slick,

One beer!

DONE!

Tray,

lolol,

Poor Stubby, I think us men are fixated on 'things'......I start to type, 'fuzzy pirate'
and it wants to come out as 'fuzzy priva....'

Fergetaboutit!

DONE!

lbaker
04-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Richard, I'm trying to imagine the sentence you were about to type where you would need the words "fuzzy pirate" Consider my mind boggled thank you very much ;)

slick
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Katz and welcome to Dick's Place. Ooooops, let me get you some more napkins; you've got burger juice running down your arm. If you're not careful, Mario will lick it up and he's on a low-fat diet now.:D.

Forget about all your work troubles when you are here. This is a place for relaxation and fun. :)

RICHARD
04-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Richard, I'm trying to imagine the sentence you were about to type where you would need the words "fuzzy pirate" Consider my mind boggled thank you very much ;)

A fuzzy pirate for you.....;)

slick
04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
A fuzzy pirate for you.....;)

Oh, I'll take one if he single and carries a big sword ;) :D

RedHedd
04-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
do any of you guys like soy milk? i just tried some on my cereal and it was gross it tasted like flavored water. maybe it was just this brand. Yum. You get used to the taste (different brands taste different too) and your body loves you for not putting cow hormones in it. Mishi fights me for my cereal soy-milk every day. I tried giving him a bowl all to himself, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, it tastes SO much better if it comes from meowmie's cereal bowl; even better if he can get at it WHILE I'm trying to eat breakfast. It's now become our daily ritual with him begging for my cereal milk with his plaintive meows and me putting extra milk in my cereal to make sure I have some left for him; he licks the bowl clean. Starts my day off with a smile, my silly main goon kitty :rolleyes: :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by slick
Oh, I'll take one if he single and carries a big sword ;) :D

Slick, have you seen Pirates of the Caribbean? If not, you really must. It's really a sort of silly movie, but...what's his name...Edward Scissorhands....plays a good part. Johnny Depp! I knew I knew his name. :rolleyes: getting old and losing your memory is really no fun :rolleyes: :( :D

I've been meaning to try soy milk....haven't gotten around to it yet. I love regular milk but it doesn't like me. :(

I'm on otta here, so you guys have a great weekend! Terry's heading to Germany tomorrow, so maybe, hopefully, I'll have time to check in once or twice this weekend, if not, see you all Monday! :D