PDA

View Full Version : dobie

lute
03-31-2004, 08:19 AM
i was at the shelter yesterday walking the dogs,and as i passed the back kennel i saw this shaking red body. i made a kisey sound and his head popped up. "OH YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!" i untententionally(sp) said he was a skinny red doberman that was cropped and docked. he just layed there shaking. i read his card......

14 year old doberman.owners got divorced and wife left husband with dog.dog reminded him of memories with his wife.so he put the dog outside. the dog ran off and got put in the shelter. owner doesn't know if he wants him back.he'll let us know by(i fgot the date)

isn't that dumb!

RobiLee
03-31-2004, 08:32 AM
AWFUL!!!! Poor sweet dobie :(

I hate stories like these.

I was just at our humane society website and there is a beautiful female golden retriever there. She is 2 years old and was privately owned. I just keep wondering why they took her there. I don't understand it. I would love to go get her, hubby doesn't think we or Katie is ready for another dog. I think he is wrong...hehehe. There is also a cute female rottie there also and some gorgeous mixed breeds. Oh, how I wish I could save them all!!!!!

Robin

lute
03-31-2004, 10:24 AM
i know what ya mean. if i culd i would take them all home with me too.
there was another dobie there too and he's not ready for adoption yet,so i couldnt walk him,but i can't wait till he is.so i can walk him.
we als have a rottie that was takin from his owner because of neglect.no kidding! he's VERY skinny and has goop just caking his eyes shut. he didn't move the whole time i was there.i just don't understand how people can see the dg living like that and just shrug it off.:mad: :mad:

My Peanuts
03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Like that poor dog hasn't been through enough with his owners separating; now he has to be in a shelter! People don't realize that their pets suffer from stress too! :mad:

KYS
03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
How sad, how can anybody do that to a 14 year
old pet.

dappledoxie
03-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Poor pup!