PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Gigi again.

jenfer
03-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Actually she is back to normal... sort of... she is now way too energized. She doesn't want to go to her den at night and she wakes up super early now. Her regular routine is go to bed around 9ish or 10. I put her in her den around 9 last nite and she won't stop crying/yelling/whining/howling/_____(insert your own words) and finally I let her out, cuz I don't know whether it has something to do with her stitches (from her spay). And she was just fine. She ran around, pee, drank some water (could be a BIG mistake)... and show no signs of wanting to go back to the den and sleep. So finally I put her back in her den around 10:30 cuz I am tired. She was VERY incorporative. And cried some more after I went to my room. And this morning she started crying at 6:30, but I was in the bathroom so I just let her do it (it's always fine). When I finally went out, she peed in her den. :( :( :( :crying: :crying: :crying: She has never done it before, I could blame it fromt he water she drank at 9:30... but I feel so disappointed (both at myself and her). Anyway, I took all the wet towel, bedding etc etc to the washer and wiped down her den. She ate and drank fine (great appetite!). And when I tried to put her back in her den when I left for work, she THREW A FIT and tried to get out by scratching me and all that. I feel sooooooooo sad. Sorry for writing such a long story. I mean she is "back to normal", but "not really". But one good thing is her stitches are healing great.

And I just put her in the den and again she is crying non-stop! She was very tired and sleeping on my lap, but once I put the cone on, she started acting up. I think all these could be that she HATES the cone??!!:confused: I wish she could understand that just a few more days and it will be fine and no more cone. :( Because if it was without the cone, she doesn't cry if I put her in her den.

wolfie
03-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Oh, don't worry Gigi, you won't have to wear the cone for much longer! ^_^

Maybe she needs more exercise? Or it could be that it's just uncomfortable for her to sleep with the cone on, so she doesn't sleep as much. Hopefully she'll be happier when the cone comes off.

tatsxxx11
03-31-2004, 01:43 PM
She's been through a lot and there's been a big disruption in her routine after the spaying. I'm sure everything, slight discomfort, the cone, the change in routine and sleeping pattern due to the aneshtesia, are all contributing to her frantic behavior. You're right, it was probably the late night drink that made her wet the bed:o :D I'd try as bet I could, to get her back into her normal routine and eating and drinking schedule. Make sure she's not in any distress, but if she starts crying again late at night or early in the morning, don't go pick her up or take her out. If the vet says it's okay, I'd definitely let her enjoy some light exercise out of her den during the day. I think she's just a little confused with all that's gone on the past few days. Don't get discouraged! I think once the cone's off and she can run around at will, she'll be fine:) Love ya, Gigi!! Be a good girl:)

My Peanuts
03-31-2004, 01:53 PM
After Sylvia was spayed she was doing this thing where she would cry ALL the time. It was starting to get annoying because she was physically fine. We called the vet and they said it was a hormone thing and she would be fine. In a few days the crying stopped, or actually went back to normal (Syl is a big baby and cries normally.)

KYS
03-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Poor Gigi,

I would hate wearing a cone too. :(
(Rocky hates his cone.)
Glad her stitches are healing.

jenfer
03-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone. Gigi does get some exercise outside of her den. She runs and jumps all the time actually since day 1 from surgery). And today I decided I am taking out the cone. She has been doing pretty good in not licking the stitches and I think she will be good to go in the process in going back to the normal routine. Wish me luck! I am very tired due to lack of sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz