PDA

View Full Version : Which dress should I wear?

Tonya
03-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Ok, as some of you know, I won tickets to a radio station's Second Chance Prom.

The original plan was for my brother to wear a baby blue tux with white shoes. I cannot find a matching dress that I like. I do not want to wear a white dress because I know me. I'll spill a drink down the front of it at the beginning of the night...

So, the options are:

For Jeff to still wear the baby blue 70's tux. I'll wear this dress in black (they don't have a pic of it in black). And I'm a match-o-holic, plus I've been wanting to dye my hair a different color, so I'd dye my hair dark brown with baby blue chunks...

This one in black...

http://www.rampage.com/graphics/p_fpx/ANG56K677.jpg

Or second option if for Jeff to wear a mobster styled pinstripe tux, and I'd wear this pink dress...

http://www.rampage.com/graphics/p_fpx/ANG96M681.jpg

aly
03-30-2004, 10:59 PM
I really like that pink strapless dress. It is sooo pretty! I guess it helps that pink is one of my favorite colors! :D

You should put some pink streaks in your hair!!!

*edit* The black dress would be nice too, but you'd stand out more in the pink. Everyone tends to wear black.

G.P.girl
03-30-2004, 11:02 PM
wow that's a really hard choice. you have dark hair right? if you're tan (i don't know how sunny it is in Cali ;)) then you should wear the pink but pink makes pale look paler. but they are both beautiful dresses!:cool:
edit: yeah aly is right, pink would make you stand out more

guster girl
03-30-2004, 11:05 PM
I don't dig the way the strapless one looks like it's an underwire bra on the top, but, that's kinda the point, right? LOL. They are both really gorgeous dresses. I love the halter dress. I even like the color! Stuck on black? Cuz that pink is rockin'!

Miss Meow
03-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Powder blue for Jeff, pink for you. Nothing like matching pastels to attract attention :D

tikeyas_mom
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
i vote for black halter!! ;)

wolf_Q
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
I like the top one better.

Of course though, I hate the color pink...and actually I hate dresses period. So I guess my opinion doesn't really count. ;)

Cheshirekatt
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Second dress....I love it! I think the first one looks kinda like a bridesmaid dress. :)

wolfsoul
03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
The first one! It looks more exotic, whereas I think the second one looks too princessy.

captain
03-30-2004, 11:57 PM
I pick the top halter one .......... only because if you are going to have a fantastic time.......... a strapless dress might make it a "fantastic view" for everyone else ........... especially as you mentioned white and spilling a drink = which is just something I would do!!!!

Strapless and me just don't go ....

:D

Corinna
03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
I say pink with the pinstripes for jeff

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-31-2004, 12:50 AM
I LOOOVE the first one!!

CathyBogart
03-31-2004, 01:38 AM
That halter is absolutely stunning! You would look beautiful in either one, but I really love that halter!! ^_^

Barbara
03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
Just can't decide but maybe I prefer the halter- they are both gorgeous.:)

Randi
03-31-2004, 04:35 AM
I can't decide which, but it depends on how tanned you are, and your haircolour etc. Go for the one you feel comfy in! D:

lbaker
03-31-2004, 06:32 AM
I like the halter. Is it possible to get the halter in some shade of pink other than that raspberry? HAVE FUN whichever one you choose. How wonderful to be going with your brother. My brother & I would do something like that and have a blast!

BitsyNaceyDog
03-31-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
I don't dig the way the strapless one looks like it's an underwire bra on the top, but, that's kinda the point, right? LOL. They are both really gorgeous dresses. I love the halter dress. I even like the color! Stuck on black? Cuz that pink is rockin'!

Ditto. I love the first dress. That dress is awesome, as is... pink. Tho black would be pretty too.

catnapper
03-31-2004, 06:59 AM
The halter definately! The halter is absoutely gorgeous! Don;t they have the haltr in some sort of blue? Maybe a midnight blue with his powder blue tux?

That second one loks like its missing an overlay of some sort.

2kitties
03-31-2004, 08:38 AM
Pink the the NOW color. And the style is a little more fashionable for now. Corsettes are all over the catwalks these days.

G.P.girl
03-31-2004, 08:51 AM
yeah the corset does look more fashionable, but if it makes you really uncomfprtable then you should wear the other one. bu ti thin kyou'll look great in either of the two

micki76
03-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Second dress....I love it! I think the first one looks kinda like a bridesmaid dress. :)

It does look like a bridesmaid's dress! Pick the strapless in pink! :)

Edwina's Secretary
03-31-2004, 10:50 AM
The first one is fabulous, and I think PINK! Black can be rather aging and is so overdone. It is a fun event -- wear a fun color!

Cataholic
03-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Pink the the NOW color. And the style is a little more fashionable for now. Corsettes are all over the catwalks these days.

When did you start writing fashion editorials? LOL!

I love the first one...

KYS
03-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Black halter gets my vote.

2kitties
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
When did you start writing fashion editorials? LOL!

I love the first one...

Oh Johanna, if you only knew me! I'm the girl who owns over 300 pairs of shoes and can tell you just by looking who the designer is on most people's. It's a sickness. But, yes, I am slave to the mighty label. Ever been to a book signing? Well, I haven't. But I've been to 3 shoe signings and 2 purse signings.

Cataholic
03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
:eek: :eek: 2kitties! We CAN"T be twins then, as I will wear nearly anything.....as long as it is comfy. Can you tell labels on shoes, only, or on most articles?

popcornbird
03-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh Johanna, if you only knew me! I'm the girl who owns over 300 pairs of shoes and can tell you just by looking who the designer is on most people's. It's a sickness. But, yes, I am slave to the mighty label. Ever been to a book signing? Well, I haven't. But I've been to 3 shoe signings and 2 purse signings.

OMG! 300 shoes?!?! :eek: *faints* I only have like 5 or 6 pairs and even some of them are unnecessary! :p

Tonya, I love the first dress. I honestly don't like strapless dresses at all. :p

2kitties
03-31-2004, 05:55 PM
lol
I'm a Material Girl, I suppose!
Usually just labels on shoes. Unless I've seen the clothing in a store.
But I have to admit I've been remiss since moving up here to friggin Wisconsin. Good Lord. At least I'm close to Chicago. Actually thinking of going down there this Sunday. We'll see. I start my new job on Monday and I've decided it's bad luck to start a new job in old clothes!! lol

2kitties
03-31-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh Poppy, Shoes are always necessary! ;)

popcornbird
03-31-2004, 06:02 PM
lol
I'm a Material Girl, I suppose!
Usually just labels on shoes. Unless I've seen the clothing in a store.
But I have to admit I've been remiss since moving up here to friggin Wisconsin. Good Lord. At least I'm close to Chicago. Actually thinking of going down there this Sunday. We'll see. I start my new job on Monday and I've decided it's bad luck to start a new job in old clothes!! lol

My goodness! You're CRAZY! :D :p Just kidding!!! I'm like Cataholic in this........wear nearly anything as long as its comfy. It can't be uncomfortable.....that's the only rule. If its comfortable, and looks good on me, I'll wear it. :p

lizbud
03-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Oh Poppy, Shoes are always necessary! ;)

:eek: My Gosh,

I raced to the keyboard to correct this idea, but 2kitties has
it covered. Heavens Pops, please never say such a thing aloud again. LOL.:D :D One never knows about shoes.:)

Tonya
03-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Oooh, we're on to something! I didn't even think of wearing a dark blue to match his baby blue tux! I'm back on a hunt again! lol.

2kitties
03-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Tonya, whatever you choose to wear, I'm sure this is just going to be a blast. It sounds like so much fun!

carole
03-31-2004, 08:32 PM
They are both beautiful gowns Tonya, but I prefer the black halter dress, it just has more elegance and class in MO, whatever you choose I am sure you will look stunning.:)

popcornbird
04-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
:eek: My Gosh,

I raced to the keyboard to correct this idea, but 2kitties has
it covered. Heavens Pops, please never say such a thing aloud again. LOL.:D :D One never knows about shoes.:)

LOL! A few pairs of shoes are necessary, but not more than that. Those are just *extras*, that aren't *needed*. :p
Shoes that are necessary are.............

at least 1 pair of walking/running shoes.
Several dress shoes/sandals of different colors.
A pair of casual slippers.

That's it..........nothing else is *necessary*. ;) Ok, I counted.........I have one pair of walking/running shoes, and need to get a new one.........2 pairs of formal sandals, 2 dress shoes, 1 normal pair of sandals, and one pair of slippers (which I only use when I need to go to the backyard, or get the mail from outside, etc.)...........so that makes a total of 7 pairs of shoes, and I only use 3 of them on daily basis! The rest are just sitting around and get used on occasion..........so.......they are not *necessary*. I *could* do without them. :p So shoes are necessary, but not every pair of them is! Only a couple are. He he :p

My aunt gets mad at me when I tell her this. She is crazy about shoes! She has a whole walk-in-closet full..........it looks like a shoe store..........seriously; and I have NEVER seen her wear the same pair of shoes twice. What a waste. :p I'm always teasing her about it.

:D

Miss Meow
04-01-2004, 02:30 AM
Pops, I start a short course in shoe making in June - want to be my first customer??? ;) :D

I'm like you. I don't have a lot of pairs of shoes (but I do love well made shoes, it's just that my more serious addictions like books, CDs and cats get priority for any spare cash :))

Cataholic
04-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Pops, I start a short course in shoe making in June - want to be my first customer??? ;) :D

That is SO interesting! How did this come about?

Edwina's Secretary
04-01-2004, 11:04 AM
PCB...I think you have left a few "necessary" shoes off your list....let's see....black day heels, black flats, navy blue heels, navy blue flats, red heels, red flats, neutral heels and flats, brown clogs, black clogs, and of course for after six you need cloth shoes -- at least black and a neutral and then for summer you need some sandals and some mules for dressing up and some lighter color shoes. For exercise...some that are only worn in the gym and others for outside exercising and biking shoes, and hiking shoes. Not to mention snow boots, high and low and dress boots. I'm not sure if holiday shoes falls under necessary or not????

;)

Now the list of fun shoes.......

EssTer
04-01-2004, 11:20 AM
I can't decide .. I think both of them are great!...maybe first one? or maybe second one? LOL...I really don't know....

(I voted for second one:rolleyes: )

Miss Meow
04-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
That is SO interesting! How did this come about?

I'm losing my job in the next six months, and my redeployment chappie gave me some course brochures as they provide training dollars for some re-skilling. It was on the first random page I opened! The tutor has had a shoe making business since the 80s, apparently. I don't start until June, but I'm busting to go right now.

Now I have to go back and find courses that work will sponsor - they think pilates, shoe making, olive curing and Photoshop aren't applicable :p

Sara, red heels? I've never been daring enough to wear red shoes - I envy you!

Tonya
04-01-2004, 03:44 PM
A made another thread, but here is my new dress...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pe6a539665d362f5018f02b0e80f364f6/f92875ba.jpg

lbaker
04-02-2004, 07:14 AM
It's purrfect, it's just beautiful. Have fun and laugh alot :D

carole
04-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Tonya that is one sexy little number, you look great in it, what is the front like?, I love dresses that feature something special at the back, hey have a great time girl.:)

Tonya
04-04-2004, 10:40 AM
The front is low cut and kind of squared. My step mom and I have decided what we're doing with it. I'm going for the 80's look, so we're going to put black tulle at the bottom. I may add thick black satin ribbon belt (depending on if it looks ok with that low back), and black satin ribbon to the straps. I'm going to get some black gloves and black shoes. ;)