PDA

View Full Version : Number 15's vigil

Paul
03-30-2004, 05:31 PM
   A bull named Number 15 left his farm to visit his farmer's grave.

From Deutsche Welle, Mourning Bull Holds Vigil at Owner's Grave (http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1430_A_1155380_1_A,00.html)

Paul

lizbud
03-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Many people think because an animal does not "speak" in a
human way, that they have no feelings of friendship with human
caregivers. They are so wrong..... Good story.:)

Karen
03-30-2004, 05:52 PM
How amazing! How did he know, two weeks later, where to find him? Just amazing.

Poor Number 15, I hope whoever is caring for him now treats him with the same love and care to which he was accustomed.

trayi52
03-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Paul, that is amazing! I seem to remember years ago something about a dog doing that. I think they even built a statue of that dog near its owners grave. Its been a long time, so I may have my facts completely mixed up.

I'm getting older, the memory is leaving!

But I enjoyed reading that article Paul! Wonderful story, and proves animals does love.

Willie:)

lizbud
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Karen
How amazing! How did he know, two weeks later, where to find him? Just amazing.

Poor Number 15, I hope whoever is caring for him now treats him with the same love and care to which he was accustomed.

Karen,

He should be in safe hands, The widow of the man who raised
him is now caring for him.:)

popcornbird
03-30-2004, 06:09 PM
WOW! How amazing!!! I'm amazed at how the bull would be able to find the exact spot his owner was buried in. Probably found him by the scent? Amazing. Shows how animals have feelings just as we do. People just don't seem to realize it. :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-31-2004, 01:01 AM
What a touching story! I am glad the bull is being cared for!

Trayi52, I think you are referring to the story of Greyfriars Bobby, who is commemerated by a statue in Edinburgh. He lived at his masters grave for 14 years. More here (http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/features/featurefirst996.html)

trayi52
03-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Ally Cat's Mommy, that is what I was trying to remember! I had forgot about it being 14 years though! Now that is loyalty. Thanks for that article, it helped refresh my memory.

Willie:)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-31-2004, 07:24 AM
When my grandpa died, his black lab, Ace, walked to the church (just down the road from his house) where his funeral was about to take place. He walked right in and sat down next to my grandma. He sat there through the whole service and then went to the cemetery with us. Ace went faithfully to the cemetery with my grandma to visit him and water flowers. Sadly, Ace died about a year ago, at the age of 13.