PDA

View Full Version : Games Me and my Dog Play

ScoobyDoo-Doo
03-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I just adopted a 10 year old Eskimo Spitz with Cataracts, nerve Deafness, and arthritis. I welcomed him into my home with my 2 other dogs. To get him accustomed to the new household, we created a game together. It is called: "Booty-Booty Tail-Tail". He will run between the 2 doorways and peak in. I will run to one entrance and he will run to the other. Sometimes I sneak up on him from behind and tickle him. The Booty - Booty part of the game is I will do a little dance shaking my Booty and then chase after his tail. He loves it and it gives him great exercise! We may even get the other dogs to join in one day!
My other 2 dogs and I have a game called "Puppy Love". They get on my bed and try to get to my face to lick it. I cover up with a blanket and they have to find a way to get to my face. I will call out " Puppy Love" and they will come a charging! They also get " Puppy Hugs" My one dog now insists on getting a hug everyday!
My doggies are spoiled rotten and I would have it no other way!!! All these games have helped with intergrated them into the house. They are all adopted dogs with assorted mental and physical problems. It has built trust and the ability for them to play with others.

G.P.girl
04-06-2004, 06:21 PM
aw thse sound like fun games

Andiphant
04-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Huey loves to play hide-n-seek, usually at bedtime. My husband and I hide in the dark and he will come creeping in to find us. He'll get really close without really seeing us then we jump out and he bolts out the door. Then we start all over again. We also play monkey-in-the-middle with frisbee or soccer. My husband and I just toss it or kick it back and forth while Huey tries to get it and when he does he doesn't want to give it back. He just trots around the yard showing off that he got it.

Andiphant
04-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Huey also plays a game all by himself. He has done this since he was a very young puppy. He will hold one toy or ball in his mouth and kick another ball all around the house. Sometimes we'll throw a toy and a ball to the top of the stairs and he'll grab the toy then kick the ball down the stairs and bring them both back to us.

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Huey's really cute! what breeds is he? i wish i had a dog

wilmabarri
05-24-2004, 06:53 PM
My dog Snoopy likes to play ball. We do it every evening at about 4:00p.m.:cool:

wilmabarri
05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Snoopy loves to play ball with me every afternoon. He will grab it and , if you're lucky, he will bring it back to you. He is sooooooooooooooooooo sweet.:p

flamepony12
06-02-2004, 07:37 PM
My pug Zeus and I play volleyball with baloons:) he jumps up and hits the baloon with his front paws!:D :rolleyes: He thinks he's a human:p but we won't tell him he's not if you won't.;)