PDA

View Full Version : After 20yrs I finally....

Katiesmom
03-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Got to meet my dad! I can't believe it. Thats why I haven't been on much. My sister wanted to find her dad (we have different dads) and someone told her who he was and where he lived and so she called 411 to see if the name would be listed and it wasn't and the lady told her that there were alot of Guys that lived in Butler, Tennessee and so my sister just randomly picks a name and the name she picked just so happened to be her dads ex-wife. So she gave my sister his number and also gave her my dads number they are like distant cousins. So that was really wierd. I finally went and met him a couple of weekends ago and everything turned out good. Can't wait to go back and visit them again:)

trayi52
03-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Crystal, that is wonderful! I have been wondering where you were. I am so glad you got to see your dad. I bet that first meeting was exciting! I would love to hear all about it. I love happy endings, and this sounds like a very happy ending!!

Willie:)

captain
03-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Great news!

I am really happy for you!

catnapper
03-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm so glad you got to meet your father. It sounds like a great meeting and I'm so happy that you get the chance to have him in your life.

My brother has been searching for our father (I personally have no interest in meeting him.. but that's me) and can't find him. He found all of our uncles and aunts and cousins, and none of them know where to find our father. Even the IRS can't find him. :eek:

Its fabulous that you get to re-unite with your father and perhaps develop a father/daughter relationship with him. Congrats!

Karen
03-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Congratulations on meeting him. Try not to make him live up to 20 years worth of "I wish"es, but I am glad it went well meeting him.

moosmom
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Crystal,

That's great news!! There's nothing more rewarding than reunions.

I was able to get my Dad and his only grandson together just before my Dad passed away. He hadn't seen David since he was 3 years old! It was a wonderful experience, one that both my Dad and David have never forgotten.

Here's to many more for you!

slleipnir
03-29-2004, 11:22 PM
That's really great :) I'm glad it went well :D My sister got to meet her dad for the first time since she was a small child a few years ago too. It must of been 20 some years.

Congrats:D

BCBlondie
03-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad you finally got to meet him, especially since everything went well!! I'm so happy for you!! :D

Katiesmom
03-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

He said that one day that he would like to sit down and tell me about what happened..why he wasn't there but I told him that the past is the past but if he felt that he had to tell me that my ears were wide open. Yeah but I let him know I wasn't mad and that I don't expect him to make up for 20yrs that atleast we have a chance now. I really don't care about the past I can't live in the past only the present and the future and thats what we have now. I thought I was going to be really nervous but when I got there everyone made me feel right at home like it hadn't been 20yrs....the best part of it all is that my mom went with me. They got along really good. Anyways thank you all:D I'll let you all know more later.

trayi52
03-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Crystal, what I should of said was a happy beginning, not a happy ending. It is great to hear though, may you have many more happy reunions with your dad.

Willie:)

catnapper
03-30-2004, 10:38 AM
You gave me goosebumps! It was so great that you mom went with you. Happy endings are the best:D

Katiesmom
03-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks Again:)

Catnapper....I absolutely LOVE your siggy:D

KYS
03-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I think that is wonderful and so glad the meeting went
well.