PDA

View Full Version : Clicker Class

jenfer
03-29-2004, 06:51 PM
I got a little bit carried away with Gigi acting funny and her spaying that I forgot to mentioned that she had been going to her Clicker Class. She had attended the first 2 and missed the third (the day she was spayed). It was quite fun and nice to have the trainer there to see how you are doing. The first night when we were there, we got to meet everyone and ALL the other doggies are huge! There are lab mix, GSD and other big doggies. The trainer has 2 border collie. And Gigi is the tiniest one, I bet she is the youngest one as well. The first day we just learn about what CT is all about and introducing the clicker itself to the dogs. It was fun. And the second class we were introduced to the target stick. And the doggie learned to stand and up. And me and Gigi got to do a little demonstration in front of the entire class touching the target stick with her nose. I always afraid that she is the dumbest kid in the class, actually this demo kind of build up my confidence. Cuz I KNOW Gigi does well in it, I just said "touch" and she will touch the tip of the stick with her little nose, and I will click and treat. :D I feel good about it. Anyway we will be back on track on the training once her stitches are healed. Just thought I would share our story. ;)

Shelteez2
03-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Woohoo! Go Gigi!!

I think she's going to be the best in the class :) I mean how could she not be?

veegan
03-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Yay! Brock has only had 2 classes so far, the 3rd is this Wed. And ours uses the clicker too. I love it, the clicker really helps clarify what you want the dog to do. Its a great tool. Very glad to hear Gigi is doing so well! :) What a smart little girl. Dont forget to take pictures at graduation!!! :D

DogLover9501
03-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Yay! Good girl Gigi!

Jasper's also only had 2 classes, his third is Saturday!

tikeyas_mom
03-30-2004, 12:17 PM
i am clicker training tikeya right now. she isnt responding yet.. lol

K9soul
03-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Gigi sounds like she's doing great! I recently got some quieter clickers (the first one I got was pretty loud, and Tasha startled from it easily unless it was wrapped up in a towel). The dogs do great in the living room now, but I plan to work more with them outside where there are distractions soon.

Tommy has responded so well to CT. I think it's great for all dogs, but especially ideal for a dog who was mistreated in the past since any negative reinforcement can be potentially more harmful. I think CT has definitely helped his confidence level raise :)

Btw Jen, I love your new avatar :)

jenfer
03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
i am clicker training tikeya right now. she isnt responding yet.. lol

:) Did you click and treat? Once you clicked, you have to give her treat right away, so she knows "click"="treat". Good Luck. Actually, I find CT fun and I love it. :)

K9Soul, Thank you. :) I think my avatar is moving too fast, it's making me dizzy. haha...