PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza?

catnapper
03-29-2004, 03:06 PM
A debate rages in my house... what do you do with left over pizza? Re-heat in an oven or microwave? Eat it cold? Oh no... what to do, what to do?

how do you eat your left over Pizza?

Pam
03-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Actually I could have selected all of the above, because I have done it all. I usually like to just warm it a little in the toaster oven to take the chill off although it tastes just fine cold too! :) Sometimes I go to bed thinking that I'll get to have a piece the next day only to find that hubby ate the leftovers sometime after midnight! LOL!

Miss Meow
03-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Reheat in the oven. I like a crispy crust - never tried cold pizza, though!

RICHARD
03-29-2004, 03:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/692122.stm

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2004, 03:54 PM
"ALL the Above" works for us! :D

But the Micro-ZAPPER is the Quick Way.

From past, sad :( experience -
Go easy with the microwave, though...

LOW Power setting;
and only a Quick, BRIEF, zip!...
NOT a long, hard :eek: ZAP!

High Power, or a Loooong Zap, will turn the crust into a
*rubbery*, *chewey*, *limp* mess! :(

Also helps to put the slices ON a paper towel,
and lay one on TOP of the slice, too -
the paper towels absorb the excess moisture -
and help prevent the "rubbery" texture.

:D

Felicia's Mom
03-29-2004, 03:54 PM
I always buy the single serving size pizza and never have any leftover.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I too, like Pam will eat it any of the above ways. I do like it cold, however rarely eat it that way. I usually first warm it slightly in the microwave then put it in the toaster oven to crisp it. I voted for the oven, because that is my favorite way to eat left over pizza. It's only my husband and I so we always have left overs.

Now I want pizza for supper, maybe tomorrow. Tonight is chicken.

catnapper
03-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Sometimes I go to bed thinking that I'll get to have a piece the next day only to find that hubby ate the leftovers sometime after midnight! LOL!

You too? It must be genetically programed into men.

We have a pizza place that we can get 3 pizzas for $18 and went there last night... we have A LOT of left overs right now, so no matter how hungry he was last night he couldn't finish it off. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
My first choice is reheat in the microwave....eating cold would be next. Oven...what's that????:D

slleipnir
03-29-2004, 04:23 PM
I usually reheat it in the microwave..but if I'm lazy, I'll eat it cold :o

G.P.girl
03-29-2004, 04:56 PM
i never eat it cold, ubt i do all the other things. it depends on how hungry i am and how much in a hurry i am

popcornbird
03-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Sometimes I go to bed thinking that I'll get to have a piece the next day only to find that hubby ate the leftovers sometime after midnight! LOL!

I think about that too, only ........... its my brother who ate it after midnight. *sigh* Sometimes, if I'm really determined to save myself a slice, I put it in an airtight container, and put it DEEP, way into the fridge, so my brother can't find it. :p If I don't do that, there is *no way* I would get a leftover piece. It does run in the nature of most men. :p He he he

I could also vote for all of the above, because I have done all, but recently, I discovered putting it in the toaster for a while to be the best way. I used to think that wouldn't work.........that all the cheese would melt and fall, but if you do it for just the right time, it gets perfect. Crust gets nice and crispy, pizza warm, and cheese still in the right place. :p

RICHARD
03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
It must be genetically programed into men.

More sexist propaganda about men.....

Next, you'll be talking about pizza AND beer.;)

delidog
03-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Cold Pizza

Breakfast of Champions!!!!!!!

Always has been & Always will be my Favorite Breakfast!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
... recently, I discovered putting it
in the toaster for a while to be the best way.

I used to think that wouldn't work...
that all the cheese would melt and fall,
but if you do it for just the right time,
it gets perfect.
Crust gets nice and crispy, pizza warm, and
cheese still in the right place. :p

:rolleyes: :confused:

"but if you do it for just the right time" -
in the TOASTER... ????

:confused: ...

And, *IF* your "timing" isn't QUITE Right...
maybe a lil bit toooooo long... ???

:eek:

OMG!! :p

You ever tried to Clean PIZZA outta a TOASTER!?
<shudders> at the thought...

Bread Krumz are bad enough!

We'll stick to the Micro-Wave for the Pizza Warm-Ups!! ;)

Kfamr
03-29-2004, 06:00 PM
I likr putting int in the microwave for a few seconds, so the cheese melts a bit, but it's just warm.

Am I the only one who likes "leftover pizza" better than "fresh?"

I dunno why.. I just always have. :p

Dogz
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I like cold pizza.:p

Sometimes I do put it in the microwave.

PCB- IN THE TOASTER?! :eek:

I would have never thought of that... and I don't think I want to try it. Like Cinder and Smoke said- what if you don't put it in there for the right amount of time?

catnapper
03-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Seems I might have done the toaster thing myself in college. We had no microwave or oven... just a toaster and hotplate. I forgot about that!:D

popcornbird
03-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:rolleyes: :confused:

"but if you do it for just the right time" -
in the TOASTER... ????

:confused: ...

And, *IF* your "timing" isn't QUITE Right...
maybe a lil bit toooooo long... ???

OMG!! :p

You ever tried to Clean PIZZA outta a TOASTER!?
<shudders> at the thought...

Bread Krumz are bad enough!

We'll stick to the Micro-Wave for the Pizza Warm-Ups!! ;)

:D:D OMG Phred! You cracked me up!!!

Yes Emma.......in the toaster. My mom kept telling me *DON'T DO IT!!! You will ruin my new toaster!* I told her.......I'll give it a try, and I did. :p It worked perfectly.........pizza came out nice, hot, and crispy, with no melted cheese mess. I did it many many times and never had a problem........AND, my mom doesn't object anymore! I just keep taking it out every 30 seconds to make sure I don't do it for too long. If you don't check, then I guess there's a possibility of a disaster. :p Checking constantly is the key to prevention of disaster.

I hate heating my pizza in the microwave! It melts the cheese, but it makes the crust all soft and flimsy! I hate it! :p That's why I choose the toaster. ;)

jenfer
03-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Never tried cold pizza. :D

Pam
03-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Sometimes, if I'm really determined to save myself a slice, I put it in an airtight container, and put it DEEP, way into the fridge, so my brother can't find it.

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea! I have had to put *stickies* on food at times, though, that say DO NOT EAT. For example if I have bought some ingredients that I need for making something the next day, and it happens to be a food that would be good for snacking. Otherwise in the morning there would only be the wrappers. :p :p

popcornbird
03-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I have had to put *stickies* on food at times, though, that say DO NOT EAT.

That would NOT work in my house. :p Actually, I think if I put a *do not eat* sign on the food.......that would make my brother eat it even if he didn't want it! He would do that just to tease me. :p

carole
03-29-2004, 10:07 PM
I am not a huge Pizza fan, mainly because it just does not agree with me, but on the occasions I have eaten it, there were usually no left-overs in my household:D but if there were I would re-heat it in the microwave, I HATE cold fatty food :eek:

Lirathal
03-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
A debate rages in my house... what do you do with left over pizza? Re-heat in an oven or microwave? Eat it cold? Oh no... what to do, what to do?

how do you eat your left over Pizza?

*poke* there is no option for

"get pizza from delivery man open it up and put it in fridge - then eat" :D

A/V Dept.

moosmom
03-29-2004, 10:21 PM
It depends on how hungry I am. But I LOVE it cold!!

RubyMutt
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I looooove cold leftover pizza :D

slick
03-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I don't order pizza at all. I go to Costco and buy the individual Deep Dish Deluxe, dress it up with more "stuff", bake and eat. MMMMMMMMMM. So I don't have leftovers at all.

Randi
03-30-2004, 10:43 AM
I only eat pizza about 2-3 times a year, so I don't much about it. However, I did buy a slice from a great Italian place during my lunch hour occasionally, and took it back to work to eat it. Thought I'd heat it up in the Microwave - BIG mistake!! It came out like rubber! :eek: I only gave it about 1 minute, I think ... oh well, perhaps 2. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest to heat it like PCB suggested! :)

Btw, I had this delicious Pizza in Switzerland many years ago, the only time I've seen it with Capers? on (Nonpareilles) - Yummy!! :D

Uabassoon
03-30-2004, 12:18 PM
I love cold pizza. It tastes yucky when you try to reheat it.

EssTer
03-30-2004, 12:24 PM
it depends how I'm hungry.. but usually reheat in microwave!

BitsyNaceyDog
03-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I love cold pizza. It tastes yucky when you try to reheat it.

It tastes really good if you put it in the microwave for 20 seconds, turn it and then another 20 seconds. Then put it in the toaster oven for 4-5 minutes. It comes out hot and not soggy or limp, and not rubbery. The crust is usually burnt and I throw that away, but the rest is perfect.

amoore
03-30-2004, 12:32 PM
I love Pizza! Even if it is cold! I love it!:D

dukedogsmom
03-30-2004, 02:16 PM
I chose eat it cold but that's if it's for breakfast. I have it with orangejuice. If I have it for dinner, I heat it.

Rio and Me
03-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Only eat pizza when drunk, dont like it any other time, but its the cheapest munchys on offer on a night out,lol
so no left ocers there,lol
Ky

aly
03-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I didn't vote because all of the above apply to me!! :D

I love cold pizza, hot pizza, greasy pizza, crispy pizza, etc etc etc!

wolf_Q
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Eww my mom always eats any leftovers cold and it grosses me out.

I always re-heat pizza in the microwave, just for like 30 seconds though.

Cinder & Smoke
03-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom

I chose eat it cold but that's if it's for breakfast.
I have it with orange juice.

Pizza annnnd...
ORANGE JUICE!?? :confused:

<gasp> :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Now THAT is what might be considered a Strange Combination!

:D

AmberLee
03-30-2004, 04:22 PM
A mere mumblity-mumble years ago, a nutritionist was lecturing my grammar school on good breakfasts in a grand assembly. It seems like all eight grades were there, but it's hard to believe we'd all fit in the assembly hall at once though. She picked me out of the group for some reason and asked what I'd had for breakfast that morning.

"Cold pizza and pink lemonade." Much pandemonium! (Mother was ill and I had scavenged for myself for once.)

Mother was called in to the school and asked to explain it, apparently. Later, in private, she gave me a fishy look and said that she appreciated that I was a scrupulously honest tyke, but that sometimes it was okay to fudge the truth a bit.

I don’t imagine parents get called into school for things like this anymore, or do they?

KYS
03-30-2004, 06:17 PM
I'll eat Pizza, cold, warm or hot! lol

RICHARD
03-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

"Cold pizza and pink lemonade." Much pandemonium!

I don’t imagine parents get called into school for things like this anymore, or do they?

Kids were crying, "WOW!"
Adults were saying, "WOW!"

Nah, it takes a concealed weapon to get parents into school these days!!!

Cold pizza and pink lemonade??

Would 'hot pizza and regular lemonade' been a better answer??? :D

CamCamPup33
03-30-2004, 07:11 PM
I hate pizza. Blech. None of the above for me please.

:o :p

popcornbird
03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
I hate pizza. Blech. None of the above for me please.

:o :p

You *hate* pizza?!? Hate PIZZA?!?! :eek: Are you serious? That's the first time I ever heard a person saying they hate pizza! :p Boo hoo hoo........pizza's one of my favorite foods. I'm so disappointed in you Amber. ;) JUST KIDDING! :p

amoore
03-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Popcorn you are invited to my house for pizza! :D I will order a ton! I love Pizza!

NoahsMommy
03-31-2004, 01:51 AM
I only like pizza on rare occasions. I'll eat it fresh, but the next day is way out of the question for me. ick!!!

Luckily, my hubby will eat it cold or warm, new or old. Ewww!!!

;)