PDA

View Full Version : Girls are gone!

Laura's Babies
03-29-2004, 07:51 AM
It is just to quiet in the house this morning with the girls gone to their "other home". Chester is so lonesome that he follows me around like a lost puppy. Right after they left yesterday, he walked all through the house calling for them, looking all over for them and he has been a lost puppy ever since. I got these two shots of the girls just before my son got here to take them to his house. Eye candy for me for the next month.

My Sweet Amy

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p3d9c02a8dc909beb1eaf5aece044df49/f932cd97.jpg

Giz sitting on the perch checking out the world. By the time they got here she had went to the back of the house but she reconized the sound of the car when they pulled up and came running to the front door..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p526533c35efd97cf5f448fe5bf09f2f6/f932cd8c.jpg

catcrazylady
03-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Oh Laura it must be so hard letting them go while your still home! You poor thing! When will Chester leave? Just because I'm nosy, how come they don't all go to the same place? I'm sure you have told me before but I don't remember.
What day are you leaving on? It must seem so lonely without them. It made me stop and think and I can't imagine my house with a cat in it! It must be very quiet!
I hope your work trip is good and you be careful! We will certainly miss you and the babies. Let us know as soon as you get back!!!

Laura's Babies
03-29-2004, 08:15 AM
My daughter WANTS to keep Amy so bad but her husband will not let another pet in the house (Keeping Chester makes 3 in their house), especially one with CLAWS. I hate separating them and so does she because she sees how close they get. I will not put soft paws on Amy because of her needing them with her condition, at times that is the only way she can get up on things when her back legs fail to make the jump correctly. If it were up to me and my daughter, we would have a dozen cats, ALL INSIDE but her husband was raised that you do not keep pets inside so it is him that keeps US under controll with our love for animals..

Yes, it is HARD to turn them over to someone else when it is time to go back to work. I cry everytime I have to do it, especially with Amy. I can tell you this...Before I got Chester, I would rather have worked than come home on crew change day. He made this house a HOME and now I can not wait to get home!! Since I got Amy, I hate having to go back to work... I look at their pictures every day and talk to them while looking at their pictures. I call often to check on them. Turning them over is SO hard and the house is SO quite and lonesome without them in it.. I take Chester to my daughter tomorrow and I will leave out in the wee hours Wed. morning..

CCL, has the box arrived yet???

catcrazylady
03-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh you will be here until Wednesday?? Good! I go to the shelter tonight. I don't know if the box has come in yet but I will know tonight. I called them and told them to watch for it. Hopefully I will get pictures tonight and I can post them for you before you go! I was afraid I wouldn't have time before you left.
I'm sorry your missing your babies. I'm sure the house is quiet and lonely but you will be off sailing away soon. When will you come back from this trip?

jazzcat
03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Laura, I'll be gone most the day tomorrow to take my Dad to the hospital for tests and dr. visit so I wanted to tell you bye now and have a safe trip. When will you be back, at the end of the month?

I imagine it is very hard leaving them. I'm going on a four night trip in a few weeks and I'm already making myself sick thinking of leaving my gang. Disney is going to the kennel - she doesn't seem to mind - but I'm leaving my three cats here with someone checking in on them daily. I wished I had someone staying here overnight but I couldn't work that out. I'll have a hard time enjoying this little vacation because I'll be worrying about my babies.

Anyway, stay safe.

catmandu
03-29-2004, 09:01 AM
its tough , but sometimes you have to let them go ,to where thier destiny leads them. Poor Chester , he does look forlorn , but at the Next Partee , in May , they can be reunited!

Laura's Babies
03-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I will be back April 28 (probably late night).Have another great grandbaby due on May 8th..A girl this time so I will really be excited about coming home this time! Three great grandson's now I get the girl! But they live in Va. so I will not get to be there for this one...

catnapper
03-29-2004, 09:20 AM
We'll miss you and your silly kitties whole you are gone! It must be terribly hard to say goodbye to them. At least you know that theya re being well taken care of.

Cograts on the baby grandaughter!

trayi52
03-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Laura, it has to be hard to leave them for so long. I bet that house does feel so empty when they leave to go to their part time home.

You be careful while you are gone, we are going to miss you alot. Terrible we get used to seeing you around and then you leave us.

When you get home and that granddaughter is born, we want to hear all about her. I love hearing stories about the babies and the grandbabies. Now that is something to look forward to.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your return and getting to hear about the new granddaughter when it gets here.

Willie:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2004, 09:14 AM
It must be so awfully quiet around the house now. :( Kind of like what it's going to be around PT while you're gone. ;)

I can't believe you've been home for a month already - time sure flies.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back again! :D