PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about taking pictures.....

DogLover9501
03-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I just got my disposible camera, probably the last one until may 25th or so when I get my digi :D

I want these pictures to come out really good, I wanted to do them outside, because yesterday it was sunny and the snow was melting but we got more early this morning :(

Anyway and Im not much of a photographer, we all know that ;),
I was wondering if there are any tips, I know to get a good background, which I find hard :p but are there anymore?

CamCamPup33
03-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I like pictures without the flash when im outside, because if the sun hits it just right, it looks good! Postioning is always good, but im not one to really give tips! :p Im no photographer!

Good luck!

Karen
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Make sure the sun is behind you, so that it hits the subject, not the camera lens. Other than that, there's not much I can tell you, other than to be aware of everything within the frame.

DogLover9501
03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if a really bright light will work for inside? I hate the flash

CamCamPup33
03-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes. It should, light up the whole room, not just the subject that's being photographed though.

binka_nugget
03-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I find that blasting all the lights make the pictures turn out alot better than using the flash. Also, you can use the rule of thirds..this site explains it..

http://www.seittipaja.fi/data/Photography_lessons/Composition/Lesson_1/_The_Rule_of_Thirds.html

DogLover9501
03-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Okay! :D Thanks all, knew I could count on some PTers;)

DogLover9501
03-28-2004, 04:43 PM
I have had my disposible camera for about 3 hours or so and I have 8 pictures left out of 27 :eek: :o :D

wolfie
03-28-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not a good photographer, and this advice is good for me too! I like the rule of thirds binka_nugget. And I'll have to try some outside pics next time for some bright light. Thanks everyone. :)

guster girl
03-28-2004, 07:24 PM
This is probably too late, but, waiting for it to be a little bit overcast is also a good idea for outdoor shots. There aren't as many shadows. With animals and kids, it's a good idea to get down to eye level. And, filling up the frame with the subject is cool. Also, the "rule of thirds".....which basically means not putting the subject right smack in the middle all of the time. Putting the subject left or right of center sometimes makes a much better shot. :)