PDA

View Full Version : Kirsten Is In The Hospital

Uniqueviking
03-28-2004, 10:13 AM
:(

I received a call (on my answering machine) earlier today from Kirsten's neighbour that Kirsten is in the hospital. Gabi said not to worry, so I assume it's Kirsten's back problems acting up again.

As soon as I know more, I will let you know too!

Please think of her.

Randi
03-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Poor Kirsten. :( I hope she'll get better soon. Is her neighbor looking after Luna and Lily? Please say Hi and wish her well if you talk to her later and say she is missed on PT!

Uniqueviking
03-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Yes, I assume Gabi is looking after Luna & Lily.

I'm hoping to hear from Gabi again or Kirsten herself later today.

..and sure, I'll tell her hi!

PayItForward
03-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Poor Kristen.

Best wishes and hugs from me & Paysforit too :(

Corinna
03-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Sending well wishes from Montana.

K & L
03-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh no! Get well soon!!

Barbara
03-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Do you have a chance to get her phone number? Or just the address of the hospital? I would love to give her a call.

Randi
03-28-2004, 11:07 AM
If she has a mobile phone, perhaps we could send her an SMS. :D

kimlovescats
03-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Get Well Soon, Kirsten ... and back home with your sweet babies!

trayi52
03-28-2004, 11:10 AM
I hope you get to feeling better soon, Kirsten. :)

Willie

jazzcat
03-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope you are better soon Kirsten.

nibblets
03-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Wishing her much luck for a speedy recovery so she can get back home to her babies.

Uniqueviking
03-28-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't like to give out her phone numbers without her permission. I hope you understand. I will pass on the msgs. and ask if it's ok to give out her cell # when I hear from her or Gabi.

Barbara, I don't know which hospital she's in either - Basically all I know is that she's in the hospital and "not to worry", but of course I worry and think of her. We've been friends for 3½ years now.

Uabassoon
03-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I hope Kirsten feels better soon.

ChrisH
03-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh, no! Kristen, hope you are feeling better and back home with your kitties very soon.

Chris

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Aw poor Kristen. Please tell her I hope she gets better and gets home really soon!

Julie

Steffi N
03-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Dear Kirsten, I hope you are better soon and able to come home to Luna and Lily. {{GENTLE HUGS}}

luckies4me
03-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Get well soon Kirsten! We all miss you here! :)

catnapper
03-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Oh no! I hope she feels better very soon. Lots of prayers and get well wishes coming her way.

Karen
03-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Feel better soon, Kirsten. I'm sure there's not eanough cat hair around the hospital, and we all know purring, fur-depositing heating pads help healing, right?

Miss Hoppy and Paul and I all agree the hospital is NOT a fun place to be, you'll be in our prayers!

catmandu
03-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Is ther an adress , to which we can send Best wishes to Kirsten , as I know that the Good Wishes that I received , were a blessing , and a boon to my Spirits! Please let us know!Best wishes from Gary , and the Found Cats, Strays and Pet Angels , who are on thier way!

Craftlady
03-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Hope your feeling better real soon and can come home.

rg_girlca
03-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Please let Kirsten know that we are all sending prayers and well wishes her way and hope she can be back home soon with her babies.

NoahsMommy
03-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Poor thing, I hope she feels better and can come home soon.

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Let Kristen know my wishes for a speedy recovery as well! My thoughts are with her.

Felicia's Mom
03-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Get well soon, Kristen. You are missed on PT.

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Please get well soon Kirsten. You'll be missed.

Sirrahsim
03-28-2004, 06:29 PM
oh no! Please, whoever is in touch with Kirsten, let her know that Sirrahsim and Sirrahbed in Japan are thinking of her, and wishing her well! We miss Luna and Lily pics and do hope Kirsten is feeling well very soon. We know she must miss her girls very much!!

Laura's Babies
03-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Best wishes from me and my babies for a speedy recovery. Hurry home, I know your fur kids miss their Meowmie! Sending mental hugs to them and you!!

Miss Meow
03-28-2004, 07:31 PM
I hope you get better soon, Kirsten. Lily and Luna need you, as as we do :)

Tonya
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Get well soon!

slick
03-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Prayers going to you Kirsten. Thanks for letting us know so that PT prayers can start and do their stuff.

carole
03-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Sweet Kirsten I am so sorry to hear you are unwell and in hospital, please come home soon to your babies and PT, we miss you, sending GET WELL SOON wishes across the miles to you Kirsten, and letting you know we are thinking of you.

AmberLee
03-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Please pass on some ~~~healthy vibes ~~~ winging their way to her from California! {{{hugs}}}

catcrazylady
03-29-2004, 06:00 AM
OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear this! You get well soon Kirsten. We miss you!!
Prayers on the way for a very quick recovery!

aguu
03-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Poor darling...
Feel better real soon Kirsten!

catlover4ever
03-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Oh Kirsten, Tigger, Smokey, Tucker, Mystic, Abner and I are sending well wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!--- Meg

Cataholic
03-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh, No! Kirsten, I am so sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Soft hugs to you while you are recuperating.

catmandu
03-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Kirsten , please know that The Found Cats , Stray Cats and he Pet Angels are Praying for YOU < and the Cat Angels have to;ld me that they will visit you , Tonught! Scrappy and Fluffy rea on thier way , with Pouncer , Tiger , Orangie, Lester , Missy , George , Sinbad , Bister and Munchkin.And the Smokies and Smoke!

sirrahved
03-29-2004, 09:32 AM
GET BETTER SOON, KIRSTEN!!!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Get well soon, Kirsten! I hope that whatever the problem, it is resolved quickly. I'm sure Lily and Luna miss their mom.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery--

Twink
03-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Ack! Kirsten, I hope that you mend quickly and can get back to the comforts of home and kitties (and Pet Talk!) SOON!

And when you do get home, I hope that you find that the Queen of Naw-tee has been behaving herself in your absence!

Best wishes! :( :)

Catsnclay
03-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Back problems are NOT fun.......Get Well Soon !!

We miss you here!!

Uniqueviking
03-31-2004, 04:30 AM
Speaking to Kirsten right now. She was released from hospital today.

It was an anafylactic shock due to an allergic reaction. She is home, but not doing too well atm. and is in great pain.

Those who want to call her, can PM me, and I'll give you her #.

Lilith Cherry
03-31-2004, 05:24 AM
Hello Kirsten, I am glad you are home again with the kitty crew! I hope you will feel much better very quickly and please know that we all are thinking good thoughts for you!

sirrahbed
03-31-2004, 05:46 AM
Kirsten - glad you are at home. What a scare you must have had. I am sorry you are in pain still. I hope the girls will behave and be soothing nurses for you. Will you be having some help at home?? Oh I do hope so!

kimlovescats
03-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Wow, Kirsten ... what a scarey thing to go through! I am so glad you got to the hospital! Do you know what caused your allergic reaction? I sure hope so ... so you can avoid it in the future! I have had several allergic reactions myself ... mostly with severe itching and hives, and that was bad enough. Luckily I always keep a bottle of Benadryl on hand for those times. Of course epinephrine is the best tool for severe allergic reactions.

Here is a great article explainin anaphylactic shock and its causes and a new emergency treatment .... might be a good idea to keep one of the epipens on hand! http://www.allergic-reactions.com/home/causes_main.html

Take Care and Get feeling better soon!

(((HUGS)))

Steffi N
03-31-2004, 06:49 AM
Dear Kirsten, I am sorry you are suffering so. I hope your pain will soon subside and that you will be well. Take good care of yourself and cuddle Luna and Lily.

catmandu
03-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Kirsten , all the Found Cats are SO Happy that you are HOME , with Lily and Luna , and ou couldnt have better Nurses , to see you through. Headbumps and Kat Kissies to You ALL!

prechrswife
03-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Glad you are home! I hope your recovery goes quickly and well.

Killearn Kitties
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this Kirsten. Hope you will soon be on the mend and not in pain!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2004, 10:58 AM
Wow, Kirsten, what a scare! :eek: I'm so glad you made it to the hospital and are back home now. Sorry you're still in pain, but I just know your sweet girls will help nurse you back to health now.

Get better soon, we miss you! :)

Corinna
03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
glad your home take care and recover before hitting the keyboard.

Uniqueviking
03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Luna and Lily have actually been ignoring her all day, lol! Guess they were not happy that mommy took off like that, even though Gabi (the neighbour) did a great job caring for them.

ramanth
03-31-2004, 12:44 PM
Oh Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that happened. I'm glad your home though and I hope you feel better real soon.

PayItForward
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Kirsten, I am so pleased you are back at home. I hope you feel better very soon.

EssTer
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Kirsten, I'm glad that you're home now.. I really hope you'll be much better and the pain will be gone.. I'll pray for you...

catnapper
03-31-2004, 01:14 PM
That had to be so scary! I''m glad to hear that you were well enough to return home and hope that you are feeling 100% soon. At least you have the two best nurses around to take good care of you.

{{{{{healing vibes}}}}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Kirsten, I'm so glad to hear that you're back home again. I hope you start feeling better soon. Prayers and positive vibes are being sent your way for a quick and complete recovery. Please take care. We miss you.

Kirsten
04-03-2004, 02:27 PM
This is my very first post after being sent home from the hospital.

I thank you all so much for your caring words, get-well-wishes, prayers and calls - (((you're the best!!!)))

The entire experience was very scary indeed. Since I had severe back problems the week before last week, I got a cortisone shot to which I have reacted allergic and which caused an anaphylactic shock (not to the cortisone itself, but to an additional stuff called Fluspirilen, but I did not know that at that point).

I got that shot on Thursday last week, was very tired and dizzy on Friday and on Saturday at noon, the seizures started. I had really bad cramps, especially in my shoulders, neck and face. I had totally lost control over my facial muscles and looked like a monster. When I first saw that, I thought it was a stroke.

I was rushed to hospital where they first thought it was meningitis. The did a lumbar punction and gave me antibiotics. The cramps in my neck and face lasted for hours and got even worse, and I was in really bad pain, especially since I have problems with the vertebras in my neck anyway and they all got dislocated from that very unhealthy position the cramps has forced my neck into. Needless to say, I screamed in pain and horror.

Later that day, I was told meningitis has been ruled out, and I noticed the doctors were kind of clueless about what I had. My parents had spoken to the doctor meanwhile who gave me the shot, and he has offered the doctors in hospital to call him back, but they didn't because it's been a weekend. They gave me Valium and pain killers instead.

Late at night, the cramps eventually stopped and I was able to sleep, but I was still very much in pain due to the dislocated vertebras in my neck, also, I got bad headaches from the lumbar punction. Later I learned I was supposed not to get up for 12 hours after the LP, but I was told it's been six hours so I got up to go for the bath room - big mistake, I still have these headaches now and will have to go to see a neurologist because of this next week.

However, I had to stay in hospital till Wednesday, and I knew my girls were very well cared for by Gabi, my neighbor and friend. Her twins, who are 13, also came up to my place to play with the Queen of Naw-Tee. So I guess the girls had a good time, but I missed them terribly.

During the first days at home, I wasn't able to do anything due to the terrible headaches. I got some relief when I saw the physio therapist on Thursday who fixed my neck. I think the headaches I still have are from the lumbar punction and I just have to be patient. I also feel I'm getting the flu which would be no surprise because my mother has it, and she has also cared for me during the last days.

Yesterday I spoke to the doctor who gave me the shot because I wanted to know to what I have reacted allergic. He told me about the fluspirilen and I learned there is an ANTIDOTE - which works within a minute or so. If the doctors at the hospital had listened to me and called that doctor, the entire thing would have been avoided - all the pain and fear I had, and the 50 Euro I have to pay for the stay at the hospital! :mad: Unbelievable!!!

However, this was, more or less, the entire story. I still won't be much online since I'm still feeling very weak and tired, but I wanted to thank you for all your comfort and let you know that I'm thinking of you. I'll be back as soon as I'm doing better!

Thanks a lot,
Kirsten

catnapper
04-03-2004, 02:42 PM
What an amazing saga! I'm glad to see that you are up and about... even if its just for a few moments. I'm so sorry that you went through all of that. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you dont get the flu (boy that would reall really stink.)

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry I missed this whole story, but glad to hear you are home and starting to feel better. What a horrible ordeal! Hopefully you will continue to get better and avoid the flu!

We'll be thinking of you!

NoahsMommy
04-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Gosh, Kristen....that's horrible!! I hope you can avoid that flu and you'll feel better soon.

Steffi N
04-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I am really sorry that you had to go through so much---and it could have been avoided. I hope you are able to escape the flu and that you will be feeling better soon.
Lily and Luna, take good care of your mommy.

lizbud
04-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Kirsten,

I'm so sorry to hear how ill you were.:( It sounds like a
horrible experience. I am happy that you're feeling some
better now.

Karen
04-03-2004, 05:35 PM
So glad you are home, anyway. Have that allergy written up in every copy of medical records you have, just in case. Feel better and better and better, okay?

trayi52
04-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Kirsten, I am so happy to hear you are home. Get better and get lots of rest. I just want you to know we all miss you and can't wait for you to get to feeling strong and well again.

Get well soon!

Willie:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh my, what an ordeal! But I'm glad the worst of it is over and you're on the mend. Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're doing ok - relatively anyway.

Take advantage of your two little nurses and get the bed rest you need to get better real quick. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Kirsten, I'm so glad to hear that you're back home again and that you're terrible ordeal is finally over. I hope you start feeling better soon and avoid getting the flu too. Please take care.

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Gosh, it sounds like you had a terrible ordeal! Glad to hear that you are home, Pixel and Randi send some hugs!

Kirsten
04-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks everyone!

Yes, it's been a horrible experience, and I still have bad headaches, but I'm glad to be at home and with my girls... They are the sweetest little nurses you can have! :)

Kirsten

PayItForward
04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Yes, it's been a horrible experience, and I still have bad headaches, but I'm glad to be at home and with my girls... They are the sweetest little nurses you can have! :)

I take it that Luna & Lily have forgiven you for leaving them !! :D

Glad to hear you are back home, I am sorry you had such a horrible time recently :(

slick
04-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm so glad you are back home and I'm praying that it won't be long before you are back to yourself again with no pain. Yes, I agree that the best nurses have fur and 4 paws.:)

carole
04-04-2004, 08:53 PM
kirsten I am so sorry to hear what a rough time you are having, you poor girl, headaches can be so debilitating, and make you feel so lousy,try warming a wheat pack up and putting that on your head, it always helps me when I have a major headache, I wish you well Kirsten and hope next time we hear from you , that you are feeling much better, thinking of you and hoping all is well again with you soon.