PDA

View Full Version : anyone participate in dock diving?

guster girl
03-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey! I think I've asked this before, but, was just curious if anyone has ever seen this sport live or participated in it? It's where the dog runs down a dock and jumps off the end into the water, and, the winner is whoever jumps the furthest. It's the doggie long jump. :) I think it would be cool!

catnapper
03-27-2004, 07:23 PM
You can tell how much a city girl I am - I was thinking of a LOADING dock! I could only imagine hitting the cement parking lot!:o

And yes, now that you remind me, I saw it on tv. It was sooo cool watching the dogs do that.

guster girl
03-27-2004, 07:29 PM
I know! I've seen it on ESPN and Animal Planet, and, I'd love to get my labrador into it! :) I saw a black labrador jump over 28 feet!

wolfsoul
03-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
I saw a black labrador jump over 28 feet!
Actually the world record is 26 feet and six inches...

I really hope to participate in this one day, but I have yet to find a club.

guster girl
03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
oops, I couldn't remember if it was 26.something or 28.something. I knew someone would correct me, either way, though, so, i figured i'd just go with it.

dukedogsmom
03-27-2004, 08:54 PM
And here I was thinking of cliff diving(humans) I was getting ready to tell you no way! I love watching those Labs and other dogs diving for those water toys. Looks like they have loads of fun.

lovemyshiba
03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
I don't participate, but I have seen it on ESPN.
Fabulous dogs--they make it look so easy!!!

How great would it be if little Finny got into that!!!??

guster girl
03-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I don't participate, but I have seen it on ESPN.
Fabulous dogs--they make it look so easy!!!

How great would it be if little Finny got into that!!!??

I know! I'd love it if he was on ESPN! I'll let you know if he even likes the water when it warms up around here. :) Not that it's cold by any means, but, the water is still.