PDA

View Full Version : Purina Cat Chow Indoor formula // Question!

Amber
03-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone.

I feed Maggie this stuff, and I personally do not like it. It has terrible ingredients. Like Corn meal

I've been searching for a better food source for my cat. When me and my family went to the pet store, I saw this food called 'Chicken Soup for the cat lovers soul' I read the ingredients, and it had all the good kind of ingredients Like chicken. Anyone else out there feed it to your cats, or dogs? How much is a small bag?

Thanks in any help :)

aly
03-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I highly recommend the Chicken Soup for the Soul food. It is great quality and very tasty (well, I've never tried it, but cats like it!).

I'd get away from Purina ASAP. Good for you on researching ingredients!

Amber
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Yup, when I heard that purina test on animals, I had to find something better.

aly
03-27-2004, 04:29 PM
The only problem with the Chicken Soup for the Soul food that I've come across is its hard to find. I was recently told that they stopped selling it in Texas altogether now - grrrrrrr! But thats cool you saw it at the store. I hope you give it a try - its great! I know several other people here also use it.

Amber
03-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Awww, that sucks.

At the store they had a huge shelf full of them. Up to dog, cats, adults, and puppys & kittens.

Anyone know how much a bag would cost?

artemis
03-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Hi Amber!

Sorry - I can't help you out with prices on your brand of cat food :( Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Not trying to be argumentative here (so please, please don't anyone take it that way) - but I really do not "get" the big deal about choosing a brand of cat food. I would love for someone (anyone) to explain it to me - tell me what I'm missing :confused:

Both my RB 18 year old and my current 16+ year old cat never ate anything but plain grocery store brand cat foods their entire lives (except Hill's KD for my 18 year old the last 2 years or so of his life). In fact, my current 16+ year old ate Friskies dry food exclusively for ~14 years (he refused all other types/brands of food :rolleyes: ) - and he's still never had a sick vet visit. I always thought that giving none/limited amounts of human food, and the appropriate amount of nutritionally balanced cat food(s) was actually best for your cat. To be honest, I have been shocked at the many disparaging comments made about Friskies, Iams, etc brand cat foods on this forum. What exactly is wrong with them?

Again - I am genuinely curious (and not trying to argue with people about their cat food choices).

Diane