PDA

View Full Version : Gigi is back from the vet

jenfer
03-26-2004, 11:26 PM
She is back from her spaying and fixing her hernia. The sirjury went fine. She was very tired when she arrived home and they made her wear a cone. She is NOT happy about that. And I have to watch her for 10 days... no jumping and such. Which will be hard... and she jumped on the sofa twice already. :o So I am gonna keep a really close eye on her. She was tired and drowsy and finally she ate some dog food and some water and become more awake. She peed once, but won't poo. I let it go. And just put her in her den (crate). I know she is tired and I want her to rest. She was crying a little in her den. But I think (& hope) it will be fine. As long as she is not jumping on the sofa tomorrow I think it will be fine. Though she would HATE me for putting a cone on her. :p

countrycowgirl
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
OH GIGI I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONE BUT JUST REST FOR NOW AND EVERYHTING WILL BE OKAY EXTRA HUGS FROM ME!!! ;) AN NO JUMPING ON THE COACH LOL

DogLover9501
03-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Im glad everything went well with Gigi! I know how long the wait is and how worrying it is! ;)

Did Gigi have her hernia where her belly button is from the umbilical cord? Piddle had a hernia there and also had it fixed when he was neutered.

Well I hope Gigi starts to feel better soon, and I hope she stops jumping on and off of the sofa ;)

anna_66
03-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear that everything went well at the vets for Gigi.

Poor girl, I hope she doesn't have to wear that awful cone for too long!

dappledoxie
03-27-2004, 10:14 AM
I am glad to hear she seems to be doing fine, I hope she feels better very soon! Hugs and kisses to Gigi!

trayi52
03-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear Gigi done so well at the vets and is home with you. Poor baby she don't know she is supposed to take it easy. Amazing how their outlook is, if we had surgery like that we would really enjoy getting to stay in bed. Fact is we would want to!

She will do better day by day!

Willie:)

dukedogsmom
03-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry I hadn't been keeping up with this. No dog I know likes those nasty ol cones. Seems like there could be something better to wear. Hope she gets well soon.

RubyMutt
03-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Aww, poor Gigi :( Cones are no fun :( Take it easy for a few days, cutie! I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, I hope you make a speedy recovery!

jenfer
03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone. Gigi is doing great, she eats and drinks fine today. I allow her no-cone when I am at home, but I watch her all the time to make sure she didn't lick it or jump. But it seems like she didn't know that she had sir-jury yesterday she was trying to jump and run and all that. :o I think she will be fine. :)