PDA

View Full Version : Stray puppy. SO MAD!

molucass
03-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Well, I found where she belongs, but, the people said that they didn't want her, and didn't care what I did with her... AND GET THIS!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

They said that the momma dog had wandered up to their house, and she had 11 puppies about 3 days after she showed up. They said she got under their shed, and they couldn't get her or the pups out... But, when they started being able to walk, they would just come out on their own to eat some of their other dogs food.

:eek: :( The man told me that he had shot the momma dog, and all but 5 of the puppies because 3 of them got ran over, they gave 1 to one of their relatives, and this one had escaped a few days ago, and he couldn't find it. He said, "If you don't want to deal with it, give it to me and I'll go out back and take care of it."

I just stood there at his door staring at him, and must have looked like a fool. He said "Well, whats wrong with you?"... I said "WHAT THE H*LL DO YOU MEAN YOU SHOT THEM? ARE YOU COMPLETELY HEARTLESS AND STUPID THAT YOU CANNOT SEE THAT IS CRUEL? I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD DO SUCH A THING! WHY DIDN't YOU BRING THEM TO THE SHELTER OR SOMETHING!", he said "Look little girl, I don't have time to deal with you, and I didn't have time to deal with them, now get off of my property" and then I picked up the puppy, (she was playing in the yard) and got back in my car and went home, crying.

I am so mad... I cannot believe anyone would do such a thing....GRR!

Sorry... Just needed to vent.. Anyone know what I can do about this? 2 of my friends were with me, so they can be a witness to what was said.

trayi52
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
OMG, I don't blame you for being upset! That is the most heartless thing. That poor little puppy just lucked up showing up at your door. How could anybody put a gun to a little ones head like that, for that matter the poor mother?! I just feel like bawling, I can just see that in my mind! What a horrible picture to put into your mind.

I hope you can get past that knowing you have at least saved one little darlings life!

I am so sorry you had to go through that with such a horrible person.

Willie

Tweety_Pie
03-26-2004, 10:04 PM
You should call Animal Control.

trayi52
03-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Ashame they don't have human control!! Let him sit in a cage for awhile!! And not be adopted, ever!

Willie

catnapper
03-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Can't you report him to the police for animal cruelty as well as verbal assult towrds you? You said that you have two witnesses. What a horrible story... what a horrible man.

BCBlondie
03-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Omg... :eek: What a butthole that stupid man is!!!!:mad: Some people shouldn't even be allowed to live!! He probably treats his family like crud too if he treats little puppies and a mamma dog like that!!! :mad: Argh I'm not surprised you got mad! I would have too!
I agree though... He could definitely be charged with animal cruelty for that. Have you told anyone about this? Any adults or authorities (like police/animal control)?

So are you keeping the puppy? :)

jenfer
03-26-2004, 11:39 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: This makes me mad.

You should call the animal control and report him.

delidog
03-27-2004, 04:50 AM
ARGH!!!!!!:mad:
That is Just Horrible!!!!!

Just keep the Puppy!!!!

Nobody is going to change such an Idiot with a "Bubba" Mantality Like That!!!!

And you Wonder WHY there are Redneck Jokes?!?!?!?

Another Prime Example of Lack of Education & Compassion!!!:mad: :( :mad:

molucass
03-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to keep the puppy but one of my friends that was with me said that his parents would let him have her. They have been wanting another med./big dog, so he's going to take her. :D

I called animal control a little bit ago and they said there isn't really anything they can do because its our word against his, and we have no actual "proof" that the dogs were shot. I told them that they also had a dog chained up in their yard with no shelter, and no food or water... which they did, so they said that they would be coming out to check on that dog. Maybe they will at least take that one away....

I really didn't expect to get much help from animal control... they never do anything anyways.

BCBlondie
03-27-2004, 01:29 PM
That sucks :( At least you rescued the puppy and found a great home for it! :) Hopefully animal control will remove the chained dog and find him a new good home. Too bad there isn't much else that they can do. :(

3CaniBellisimi
03-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Contact PETA. People for Ethical Treatment of Animals. Sometimes Peta will step in and give media attention and prosecution assistance in cases where local animal control claims their hands are tied. And I'm pretty sure that if animal control/law enforcement wanted to step in, they could find the bodies of those dogs and would have evidence and not just your word against his. Call your local police and file a complaint. Contact your local media if the cops and animal control don't want to take action. Your local newspaper or tv news station could investigate and if it hits the news, your law enforcement will step in. If enough noise is made, someone will investigate and take some action instead of just making excuses like you got when you called Animal control. Contact your local humane society or the American society for prevention/cruelty to animals and ask for help.

PETA stepped in on a case here in upstate NY near Binghamton when a woman left her pregnant dog outside. The dog gave birth outside in below zero weather and all 10 of the puppies froze to death. Neighborhood children found the dead puppies on the way to school and told their parents. Many local people heard about this on the news and were very upset. I contacted PETA through email and PETA encouraged our local prosecutor/district attorney to go after the owner to the fullest extent of the law. And Peta ran an article in their magazine about this incident and how she cruelly let her pregnant dog outside in 20degree below weather to have the pups be born only to freeze to death while the desperate mother dog tried in vain to save them and keep them warm under impossible conditions.

Best regards,
Anna Lisa

lute
03-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I really didn't expect to get much help from animal control... they never do anything anyways.

i know what ya mean. our animal control says that they will check on whatever we call for and they don't ever show up. i called them once because there were 4 dogs across the street from me that were in terrible cndition....they said they would go when they had time.....they evidently never had time!:mad:

Amber
03-27-2004, 05:24 PM
:( :mad:

QueenScoopalot
03-27-2004, 05:25 PM
What a sick piece of excrement that creep is! :mad: :mad: :mad: Why did he need to shoot them? I'm glad you were able to save one little life from this b*****d who has no regard for living things. Hope someone mistakes him for a game animal during hunting season. :mad: :mad: An the general consensus is animal control is useless in too many areas.

3CaniBellisimi
03-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello,

Sometimes Animal Control won't do what needs to be done. When this is the case, you go around them and above them.
There are many animal rights advocates who can help you get this guy prosecuted. You only talked to one person at Animal control who claims they can't do anything. He/she may be plain wrong, lazy, is a friend of the man you are accusing, or he just may not want to get involved. Afterall, the alleged puppy & dog killer does have a gun and maybe your local animal control guy is simply not willing to risk his neck to enforce the law. So what you do is keep going to different legal, political, and media avenues and eventually you will get this looked into and confronted.

I am appalled that Animal Control told you is a he says/she says matter. But it doesn't surprise me. In some areas, Animal Control is underfunded and apathetic. The fact that this alleged animal murderer admitted what he did right in front of you & your friends and how he offered to 'off the pup' you brought back to him, well that seems to me like it is pretty clear grounds for an investigation. Thank goodness you scooped that pup up and took it away. Fact is, what he told you should be enough to warrant a police complaint/investigation and an animal cruelty investigation.

I am really disgusted about what you went through and I imagine that this whole thing was just sickening to you. I hope that you won't give up and will pursue this. If you were brave enough to confront this man on his own doorstep and call him Stupid to his face, then I'll bet you have the courage to see this through if you want to get justice for the mama dog and her pups.

That man should be charged with one count of animal cruelty for every pup he killed and the mother dog and fined for each one of them.

National Animal Welfare Organizations will put you in touch with local animal advocates who can help you seek justice for that Mama Dog and her pups. The pups and the mama are gone and don't have a voice. But you can enlist the help of these agencies to go after this guy.

Helpful internet links:

Link to ASPCAs website, their Legal Directory Page at: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=legal (http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=legal)

Go to the ASCPA's website and on their legal page, you can access their Humane Law Enforcement Directory and then it directs you to enter your town and state and it will give you the names and phone #s to call for the state of TX

ASCPA has NY state jurisdiction. But they have a legal FAQ's section and law section on this page that may be helpful.

Link to PETA website at: http://www.peta-online.org (http://www.peta-online.org)

When you are on the PETA site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on the option of either "email us" or "contact PETA". Send them and email and briefly tell them what you told us. Ask them to put you in touch with local PETA advocates who will help you effectively pursue legal action on this incident.

Local PETA activists are great at getting media and political attention when a local government isn't at first motivated to enforce its own laws.

Also, I remember once getting in the mail information from an Animal Legal Defense Organization of Attorneys who go after animal abusers. I don't remember their name. If anyone else reading this thread knows it, perhaps they can provide the internet address for this group and maybe they can assist our friend in Texas.

Finally, you may even have grounds to file a civil lawsuit against this gentleman if what he told you caused you emotional distress and trauma.

Please feel free to private message me through DOTD site if you want some more ideas on how to get your government to do its job when it doesn't want to! If you go beyond the 1st "no" and are persistent, you can get things done legally, non violently, and you can make a difference.

Best wishes,
Anna Lisa

wolfie
03-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Oh my god that is so awful, and so sad!!! :( :( :mad: :mad:

It's so wonderful that the pup made her way to your house, and that your friend can keep her.

I can't believe that that man has a dog of his own though! :(