PDA

View Full Version : That's My Baby?

GoldenRetrLuver
03-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Does anyone else just hate this show?
My mom and I were watching it this morning, since I stayed home from school because I was sick. I've only seen one responsible episode, and that was with a woman breeding her CH. Keeshond. The rest were all BYBs IMO. Today, it was a woman breeding her Scottish Fold cat with her mother's mixed breed. (I forgot the name) How responsible is that?! :(:rolleyes: Most people that I've seen on that show breed because they want their kids to witness the 'miracle' of birth, and think that their dog/cat would produce adorable offspring. I just don't think it's something that should be aired publically. What is that exactly teaching us?

Anyone else have any other comments/thoughts?

aly
03-26-2004, 06:02 PM
I absolutely hate it too. I pretty much refuse to watch it. They've had a few episodes where they bred their animals so the children could experience the birth - UGGGGGGGHH :mad: :mad:

K9soul
03-26-2004, 06:02 PM
I haven't seen that one before Julie, but it sure doesn't sound like a good show to me :(.

Is that on Animal Planet?

One show I've loved watching since we got a DVR (digital video recorder) from the cable company my husband works for is K9-5. It comes on weekend mornings and features stories about working dogs, really neat show.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
I haven't seen that one before Julie, but it sure doesn't sound like a good show to me :(.

Is that on Animal Planet?

One show I've loved watching since we got a DVR (digital video recorder) from the cable company my husband works for is K9-5. It comes on weekend mornings and features stories about working dogs, really neat show.

Yep, it's on Animal Planet. I can't stand to watch it most of the time, so I just turn off the T.V.

I LOVE K9-5! :D It's on pretty early though, so I don't get to watch it very often. I like to sleep in during the weekend, thank you. ;)

primabella
03-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I only like watching the last few minutes of the show so I can see the babies being born and how they look when they're older. But that's just to see some cuteness. ;) But yes, I agree. Just watching a full episode annoys the heck out of me. They'll just be explaining how they're doing it and why they're doing and it's bad.

I don't watch APL though so I can't say I've seen enough episodes to say that they are all BYB's.

Dogz
03-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I was home today, too, Julie. I saw that it was on, but I hate that show also. I have watched it once or twice, but haven't watched it in a long time.

MariaM
03-26-2004, 09:32 PM
We don't get animal planet. I don't think we ever really did but I know what it is cause my friends have it. We don't get tv at all anymore, but when we had it I would like to watch these shows on Life. There was Animal Miracle, Good Dog!, Dogs with Jobs, and 1 or 2 others but I can't really remember. Animal Miracles would tell of - well, animal miracles. Good Dog! had Dr. Stanley Coren on it and he'd go to peoples houses. They would have problems with their dogs and he would explain what was going on and all. Dogs With Jobs was pretty good, it featured 2 or 3 dogs each episode doing various things, like water rescue, seeing eye dog, police dog etc. I really miss those shows but I'm used to not having tv anymore so it doens't *really* bother me.

clara4457
03-26-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a real problem with this show. I don't mind when they show zoo animals when they have a breeding program in place, but when the show the BYB - I get very annoyed.

This is going to offend some people, but until we get the overpopulation under control DON'T BREED!!!!