PDA

View Full Version : Now curtains aren't safe

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Dateline: Nevada
If I wasn't an eyewitness, I wouldn't have believed it myself. I was sleeping soundly when I heard the familiar sound of cats tearing through the house. No big deal except when I opened my eyes I saw the cats climbing UP the curtains on the sliding glass door!
Who understands cats?:rolleyes:

catnapper
03-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Yep... seen it, have shredded sheers and bent curtain rods as proof:)

QueenScoopalot
03-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Curtains are not much more than trees to climb here! When kittens are running amuck I do away with them and use mini blinds & a valance. I have french doors on my upstairs rooms and used to have pretty lace curtains on them. What a joke! They made wonderful hiking spots for the rascals to the point I gave up. Now I used glass frost from a spray can, and ordered lace contact paper from a mail order company. It's the only thing that works, and they're washable! Jan

LoudLou
03-29-2004, 02:51 AM
With cats around even the Mini-Blinds are not safe... :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15146&highlight=mini+blinds

QueenScoopalot
03-29-2004, 08:16 AM
ROFLMAO!!:D :D :D They don't survive long around here either, but luckily there's two Wal-Marts close by to purchase new plastic ladders for the herd!:rolleyes: Jan

Randi
03-29-2004, 08:39 AM
We're lucky that Fister doesn't try to climb the blinds, but I know that others do!! :eek:

You MUST see the thread Amberlee started, it's hilarious! :D Loud Lou posted the link above.

Amberlee, did you ever get those blinds?

AvaJoy
04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I should count myself lucky as I've never had a cat that climbed curtains or blinds . . . I figured that was a kitten stage behaviour and since all mine have been rescued adults I never had to deal with it. WHEW!:eek:

NoahsMommy
04-04-2004, 11:52 PM
The day I got Noah (cat #1), I realized I would NEVER be purchasing any sort of curtains. :(

Oh well...they're worth it. ;)

AvaJoy
04-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
ROFLMAO!!:D :D :D They don't survive long around here either, but luckily there's two Wal-Marts close by to purchase new plastic ladders for the herd!:rolleyes: Jan

We have 2 cat trees in the house, but my Schuyler decided it was more interesting to climb the ladder out in the den where my husband is refurbishing . . . but when he reached the top he was unsure of getting down so my hubby had to remove him . . . I wonder if he would have figured it out eventually, or just sat at the top of the ladder, crying!!!!:p I was not witness to this, but if I were there I would have given him some time to try and get down on his own. Ladders are certainly cheaper than cat trees! :)

IttyBittyKitty
04-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Oh this strikes a chord! I live in a rented townhouse, and my two babies have destroyed two window screens, the lacy curtains and ripped a HUGE hole in the lining of the heavy ones!

Not to mention Pixel falling out the window ... twice!

nibblets
04-09-2004, 04:16 PM
I have the mini blinds and valance combo...and yet Miss Julie will get on the top level of her cat tree and stretch up to the valance and on at least three occasions has pulled them down. I have to have the blinds pulled all the way during the day or she gets between the window and the blinds and goes spazzy...she may be lovely but the girl is not always graceful.

When I first got her she was sitting on my bed...and all of a sudden she sprinted and tried to make a flying leap about half way up my curtains and hang on....Kitties...Gotta love em!