PDA

View Full Version : OH, The weather outside is frightful....

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
It's late, cold and the weather stinks.
-you have just finished with the last packet/can/bit of cat food....what are you going to do?

catnapper
03-26-2004, 05:36 PM
My option's not one there -- feed them dog food!!!!:D

Then go to the store tomorrow.

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I've yet to ever run out of cat food. Food for the bipods...yes, but the animals always have something to eat. And in a pinch, the cats do eat canned dog food (which is oddly enough cheaper than cat food) and they like it or else. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
03-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Actually, I'd cook them something .... there's usually chicken in the freezer .... and then go pick up their REAL food the next day.

Felicia's Mom
03-26-2004, 07:53 PM
I always have enough on hand. I only buy cat food on
Saturday. So I make sure there is both canned and dry food; two
weeks worth in warm weather and four in winter.

moosmom
03-27-2004, 12:03 AM
I'd open up a can of tuna fish.

slick
03-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

That being said.......

I'm a woman.

I plan ahead.

I buy when I see I'm getting low.

:p

Miss Meow
03-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Cat always know when you're out of food and wake up several hours earlier just to remind you. Get up, go to the store, and buy their favourite food to circumvent disaster ;)

[Edit: I just check the LA weather; there's no mention of an avalanche or blizzard, so I guess you're taking a trip to the store!]

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by slick

I'm a woman.

I plan ahead.

I buy when I see I'm getting low.

:p Me too!!!:)

lbaker
03-27-2004, 03:54 AM
In a pinch I've made human food like pancakes. Put butter on them and everybody wants them, dogs cats & humans. My cats like dog food or, as someone else said, I can cook up some chicken or something. I usually have a can or two of tuna. But I can walk to a 7/11 if the truck doesn't work. Takes awhile, but eases my conscience and I don't get "the look" while I'm walking to the store. Once when the dogs were out of food I cooked up a big batch of oatmeal and added a can of chicken gravy :eek: don't go "ewwwwww" the dogs thought it was GREAT :rolleyes:

Pam
03-27-2004, 06:28 AM
I have to keep an eagle eye on my cat food supply mainly because Trevor eats Purina DM for his diabetes. This must be bought through the vet (15 min. away) so I monitor my supply carefully. I can't afford to run out! :eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-27-2004, 07:32 AM
I never run out of cat food, as supplies here are erratic, so I buy in bulk and always have at least enough for a month in the store room!

I DO however run out of ham, mainly when the kids and their friends finish it all making sandwiches and forget to tell me. So I HAVE to make a special trip to the store for that (and being Bahrain not every shop sells ham, and Ally will ONLY eat Champagne Honey Ham) - so it is a real schlepp!!

catmandu
03-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Beleive it , or not there is Tons of Cat Food , and Water , and LItter! IN a blizzard , I would have to adapt to Nutro , Natural balance , Science Diet , or Starve! HaHa!

Randi
03-27-2004, 09:06 AM
I plan ahead and hardly ever run out of of catfood. :D I buy a 2 kg. bag from the vet. If it's before 9.30 PM, I can go to the kiosk just across the road and get a can of Whiskas, but Fister wants DRY food - so I normally get an extra little bag of that and store a different place as a reserve. ;) I also usually get some of the little yummy cans hidden some place, I hate having to go out late to get anything!! But if I'm totally out of catfood, I give him - and Pjevs in the yard, some liverpaste or ham. :)