PDA

View Full Version : While on the Cockfighting Subject...

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Here's a bizzare true incident that happened I think back in the 50s. www.miketheheadlesschicken.org If you type miketheheadlesschicken into any search engine there's many more sites regarding this poor creature. :( :eek: :(

2kitties
03-26-2004, 03:51 PM
That is positively the most bizarre thing I've ever read!

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
That is positively the most bizarre thing I've ever read!

What???

Men birds can still live without their peckers (beaks).

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Richard...I think you need to go fool around with your petcock LOL! :D :D

G.P.girl
03-26-2004, 03:57 PM
whoa!!! that's wierd! kinda cool though

G.P.girl
03-26-2004, 04:15 PM
i wonder how many people have tried to "make" headless chickens though:(

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Wierd...
*hears a soft rendition of the twilight zone theme*
At least they cared for him though!

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Wayyy TOO weird! I heard about this a few years ago, and didn't believe it. I checked with snopes.com and it came up as true. The one that really bugs me and circulates endlessly is the Bonsai kitten joke. Many people fall for this internet hoax set up by MIT students and it only keeps the website going by giving it attention! But...there's the big "IF" of others trying to do this to kittens. Sick, sick, sick.

leslie flenner
03-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Well thanks for not putting up a url for the bonsai kittens. I do not want to see them. Fake or not! It's just too awful an idea. There's plenty of real cruelty going around to keep me grossed out!

What, if anything, is going on with that Chelsea cat owner of 40 in the disgusting environment (tub went through floor due to accumulated cat uriine etc.)?
Ok, I guess this a whole diff. topic so nevermind-ish.
Do post the url for the chicken fighting issue ok?

Twisterdog
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
I heard about this when I lived in Colorado, wehre they have an annual festival for this poor, hapless chicken.

Honestly, I could have lived my entire life and not heard about this, and seeing a picture was just too much for me. A very, very disturbing thing to me, no doubt about it.

My grandma always said a chicken is one of the stupidest animals ever to live ... and I suppose this proves her right. A chicken with only a brain stem acts the exact same way a normal chicken does. Scary.