PDA

View Full Version : I'm so NERVOUS!

aly
03-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Those guys I told you all about are finally coming to meet Lucky and Chance tonight at 7:30.

I hope my boys behave. This home really seems perfect for them. I don't know whether to be sad or happy. They've been with me for so long and are a huge part of my life. I used to wish that I didn't have to wake up every morning with Chance attacking my feet and Lucky banging into the blinds. But now, I don't know what I'm going to do without that ritual :(

catnapper
03-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Lucky & Chance - you two better be on your best behavior and look your utmost adorable! Good luck and I hope you two wow them!:D

PayItForward
03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by aly
But now, I don't know what I'm going to do without that ritual :(
What will be, will be.

If Lucky & Chance are meant to be rehomed , that will leave you with two places for two lucky new fosters.

Uabassoon
03-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Good luck with everything Aly. I know it's always so happy and sad when your fosters find a home.

Karen
03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Oh, I hope it goes well! Lucky and Chance, you do whatever you need to to win these folks over, okay? No biting the guests!

catcrazylady
03-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Good Luck! I know they will fall in love with those two cuties!! Keep us posted on how this turns out!

aly
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Hehe Karen, funny you should mention biting. I sort of had to warn the guys that Chance tends to 'love bite' while he's being petted. He's realllllllly gentle about it though. Anyway, the guy said that it reminded him of their RB kitty and he couldn't wait to be bitten by Chance and licked by Lucky!

jazzcat
03-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Okay, if it doesn't work out with these guys how much do would it cost to ship them to TN???:D

aguu
03-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Ah..good luck Aly...
I say that with a heavy heart though.
I will miss those two incredibly.
I SO wish I could take them myself.

~Agnes

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Hope it all works out well! The prospective family sounds lovely!!

aly
03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Okay, if it doesn't work out with these guys how much do would it cost to ship them to TN???:D

Oh I wish you or aguu or someone on here could've taken them! :(

I wish I could keep them too :(

But, they are REALLY adaptable kitties. They strut around the vet office like they own it, so I am sure they will walk right into their new home with happiness and confidence.

Cinder & Smoke
03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by aly

Those guys ... are coming to
meet Lucky and Chance tonight at 7:30.

I hope my boys behave.

...wake up every morning
with Chance attacking my feet and
Lucky banging into the blinds... :eek:

The Question:

To *TELL* or not to tell... ??

Wonder if the morning wake-up ritual will be
a "deal breaker" with "The Guys"??

Maybe they don't have *blinds* in their house!? :p

GOOD LUCK, PurrKids!! ;) :D

aly
03-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Hehe, oh I was sure to warn them of all their habits. I also said that they could take them on a trial basis for a couple weeks and return them to me if it doesn't work out.

They have done a considerable deal of damage to things in my house by pushing them off counters, but they are FINALLY learning that is a no-no!

ramanth
03-26-2004, 02:09 PM
I hope everything works out!

Fear not... I'm sure Skylar will find something to get into. ;) :D

Felicia's Mom
03-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I hope things go well for everyone.

kimlovescats
03-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out just fine, and you'll have a wonderful sense of peace about it!!! :)

ScantyNebula
03-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I hope they have a happy ending just as miss Lily did - good luck aly ;) :)

catnapper
03-26-2004, 10:30 PM
How did it go? Do they have a new furrever home? Waiting with anticipation.:)

jazzcat
03-26-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm anxious to know what happened too.

shais_mom
03-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Sorry I missed this thread Aly!!!
How did it go?!

Miss Meow
03-27-2004, 01:34 AM
I hope everything went well. If this is their forever home, I hope the new owners have an internet connection :)

aly
03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
I loved the men! They were GREAT! I would feel completely comfortable with Lucky and Chance going to live with them.

With that said, I'm not too sure if they're going to take them or not :( They are going to talk it over and get back to me. Lucky was on his best behavior, but Chance was being not totally himself. Stupid me let him play with Maya for about 40 min before they got here because I thought he would be calm and get in their laps when they came. But instead, he wanted to lay on the side of the room and was avoiding them a little. He did play with them but didn't want to be held. And then Maya started getting on his nerves (she's sort of like the energizer bunny .. times a thousand) so he got a little cranky.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2004, 01:41 AM
I sure hope that you hear back from them soon and that they decide to adopt Lucky and Chance.:) Please keep us updated as soon as you can.

catmandu
03-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Lucky and Chance , we are crossing our paws that the people coming are the Guardians , that you meet so often on Pet Talk , that respect thier Furr Pals , and will give you the Furr ever Home , that you deserve! Found Cats are Praying for you!

PayItForward
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
When will you hear from the men ?

aly
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure. I explained to them while they were over that Chance wasn't being his usual self. Its not like he was bad or anything, but he wasn't as affectionate as usual. I am contemplating emailing them to tell them one more time that Chance is very much a lap cat usually. But at the same time, I don't want to push them. They are very responsible and I'm sure they'll make the best decision for them. I just hope that they can take my boys!

But yeah, they didn't say when they'd get back to me.

Cinder & Smoke
03-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by aly

I'm not too sure if they're going to take them or not :(
They are going to talk it over and get back to me.

Try not to be too pushy, Aly.

The Guys need to Really WANT the PurrKids -
and not feel obligated in some way to adopt them.

If The Guys have reservations or doubts about them -
might be better to "pass" and Keep Looking!

GOOD LUCK, PurrKids!! ;)

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2004, 06:05 AM
If it is mean to be, it will work out!!

Maybe if they are having trouble deciding, you can invite them back to meet the boys a second time. I think it is sometimes hard to get to know any animal in just one meeting.

Good luck, whatever happens. I'm sure the right home is out there fo the boys, whether with this couple or in another home.

Barbara
03-28-2004, 11:06 AM
If they are cat lovers they will know that in the first meeting they cannot see the behavior of a cat and whether he's affectionate or not. Not all cats will jump on any lap that's just available.

A pity I can't take them. :(

aly
03-28-2004, 11:14 AM
If only Munich were next to Texas!!!!!!!

I have an email from one of the guys, but I am too scared to check it!

jazzcat
03-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Hurry and check it Aly, I'm anxious to know.

Did you explain that they will have to join PT so we can see picture of our boys periodically? If nothing else they must email them to you so you can post them here.

aly
03-28-2004, 12:33 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

They decided to wait before getting cats. They have a new Bengal kitten that they are still bonding to and don't want to jeopardize their relationship. I understand and respect that, but :( my boys need a home.

Aspen and Misty
03-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Aly, I just saw this thread and I'm so sorry this wasn't the home for your sweet boys. These men don't know what they are missing out on though. ::hugs:: The right home will come..

Ash

Karen
03-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by aly
:( :( :( :( :(

They decided to wait before getting cats. They have a new Bengal kitten that they are still bonding to and don't want to jeopardize their relationship. I understand and respect that, but :( my boys need a home.

If you were closer to Massachusetts, I'd have just the home for them. They're good kitties, though, I am sure you will find them a good furever home. Post more pictures! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Aly, I'm sorry that things didn't work out.:( I know there's a loving forever home out there some where just waiting for them. If I didn't already have 4 cats, I'd adopt them.:)

aly
03-28-2004, 05:20 PM
I was pretty upset earlier, but I know I just need to be patient and wait for their home to come along. I was just really happy about the potential of them settling into a permanent home.

I wish there was a Pet Talker who could take them. Maybe I need to drive to California, or Tennessee, or ... Munich :eek: (haha) and drop them off with one of you!

Well, anyway, the boys told me they were okay with staying here longer. They ripped up a roll of paper towels, a roll of toilet paper, and busted into some catnip this morning.

catcrazylady
03-28-2004, 05:45 PM
ROFLOL!!! That picture was hilarious!!! I can't believe that face had anything to do with that mess!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Sorry that the adoption didn't work out but remember that there is a reason for everything. It just wasn't the right time.

jazzcat
03-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Aly, I'm sorry it didn't work out but I'm very happy that I'll still get to see pictures and hear stories of the boys!!:D

That picture of Chance is classic - my little bean boy. I don't know if my husband could handle too much of that, lol. I'd love to give it try though.

Maybe the answer will become more PURPLE to you.:D

ramanth
03-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Gracious!!! I guess they ARE happy they are staying... :eek: :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry the home didn't work out for them. But it sure looks like they enjoy being with you! :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by aly

Well, anyway, the boys told me they were okay
with staying here longer.

They ripped up a roll of paper towels,
a roll of toilet paper,
and busted into some catnip this morning.

:eek: :D

Ahhhh, Home, Sweet Home! ;)

:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-29-2004, 01:51 PM
I am sure the right home will be found for your boys. in the interim, I suggest you give them extra kisses and scritchies for being such cuties, and providing us with such entertaining pictures!