PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask for some prayers/positive vibes.

shais_mom
03-26-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't wish to start a controversey. This is a plea for help.
:(

Some of you know about this so I apologize for the repeat, I just feel that the situation calls for all available prayers, positive vibes, candles, etc that anyone and any PetTalker can spare. I hope this doesn't sound selfish......
Here is the scoop....
And I would like to ask for prayers for my dad and grandma (his Mom) My dad had surgery Wednesday morning on his knee. He had a knee replacement 13 years ago and the plastic cushin b/n the knees was almost worn out completely so the the dr. cleaned it out and replaced it. He will be in the hospital until probably Friday. He is doing well. I just hope for prayers for a fast recovery for the following......
My grandma had her hips replaced about 25 years ago and has had some aches and pains obviously over the years (She is 87). On Monday nite my mom called me at work to tell me that Gma couldn't walk, was having excruciating pain in her groin and thigh area. She is a pretty stoic person and doesn't show pain or anything much but she was shaking and sweating from the pain and I think in my 28 years I have only heard maybe 5 swear words come out of her mouth and my dad said that everyother word was one!!!! Which is highly unlike her!!!! I don't mean to anger anyone with the 'swearing' part. So on Tues my dad took her to the ER and had her xrayed, after the xrays she was shaking so badly from the pain that her IV came out of her hand. :( So I checked on her via phone a few times in the last couple days with my dad out of commission the brunt of the care comes from my mom. (They live in a trailer in their back yard THANK GOD!!!) She is having pain in her shoulders and upper back WE think from her pushing herself in a wheelchair over carpet in the house. And she is unable to get herself up out of the chair to go the bathroom or anything, and with my dad laid up for awhile he won't be able to help them either. My Grandpa has lung problems and is not much help either. My mom thinks that this might be the beginning of......... And I know that I am so very fortunate to have 3 of my grandparents this long, but just the thought of this hurts so much........ Please pray for healing in my dad and my grandma. I can't type anymore, tears are coming to fast.

Thank you all for any thoughts that are sent my way. You are truly a special group of people. {{hugs}}

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear that both your dad and grandma aren't well.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. May both of them feel better quickly and heal completely. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
03-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Thank You! :) YOU take care Yourself too!!!!

trayi52
03-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Staci, I am so sorry to hear about your dad and grandmother. I will keep them in my prayers as well as you too.

I feel so sorry for your grandmother, somehow she made me think of my dad. He was one that never showed any pain. And then when he had his heart attack, I actually seen him react to pain. If I was your grandmother I would probably be saying some pretty colorful things myself. I think God understands things like that. I guess when I broke my foot, I probably said a lot of colorful things too, and that was just a broken foot. Hugs to your grandmother and your dad. Great big hugs to you. You are not being selfish. How is it being selfish when you are concerned for somebody you love? I think that is just the sweetest.

Anyway, they are in my prayers. I was just wondering if your grandmother could get one of those scooters. My mother in law finally got one the other day. She is down in her back really bad and well we had done everything trying to get her one. Finally she got one. They are really nice too. We fixed her a ramp and now she can just go where she wants to.

I hope your grandmother and dad get to feeling better really soon. And their pain subsides.

Willie

popcornbird
03-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and grandma. :( I know how painful it is to see a loved one suffering. Its not selfish of you at all to come and ask for prayers. It only shows how much you care for your family. Take care. I will be keeping both your grandma and dad in my prayers, and hoping for a speedy recovery for both of them. {{{hugs}}}

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-26-2004, 01:53 AM
I am sorry you are having such a bad time at the monment. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please remember we are here if you need to talk / vent etc

Lilith Cherry
03-26-2004, 02:06 AM
Lots of prayers , hugs, and good thoughts coming your way; since when has asking for good thoughts been controversial?

We are , hopefully, all friends here even if our gods, beliefs, or lifestyles differ -- Good thoughts are good thoughts always!

catnapper
03-26-2004, 06:49 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} When it rainsm it pours, doesn't it? I am sorry that you have two things going on at once. Prayers are being sent your way.

4 Dog Mother
03-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Staci,

It is never easy to see the ones we love hurting. And watching them grow older and more feeble is even tougher. Thinking about possibly losing the ones who have raised you and loved you and supported you is extremely difficult. Having two (or three if you count your grandfather with the lung problems) incapicitated at the same time would upset anyone.

Often prayers are what helps us get through the tough times. Many thoughts and prayers are coming your way:)

micki76
03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
I’m so sorry all of this is going on right now, Staci. :( Please take care of yourself and don’t get completely stressed out.

Your entire family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Willie's idea about the sccooter is perfect.

RubyMutt
03-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear this :( Your family will be in my thoughts and I will send many good vibes your way.

(((HUGS)))

lovemyshiba
03-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Staci--
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope they are able to help her at the hospital, and get her out of all of the pain she is in.
I also will pray that your father heals quickly--I'm sure he wants to be able to help, and being in the hospital is probably frustrating at this time for him.l

I will keep you and your whole family in my prayers, and hope for a speedy recovery for all.

moosmom
03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh Staci,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad and Grandma. You KNOW you can count on all of us for prayers. That's what friends do for each other.

Hang in there honey! If you want to talk, I've PM'd you with my phone number. Call me ANYTIME!!!

(((((hugs)))))

Donna

Corinna
03-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Staci {{hugs}} what did the x-rays show? I had a grandparent that had repalcements (knee) later had the simular symptoms they foum that after so many years of use the old model replacement had broken up and pieces had floated around. they got them all and now is fine. Just a question to ask her doctor.
You and all faimaly in my prayers.

K9soul
03-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Staci you are not being in the least selfish. Your family will definitely be in my prayers. *Hugs*

Cataholic
03-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Staci,
Prayers are on the way.

anna_66
03-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Staci,
You know I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Please let us updated on how things are going.

carole
03-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Staci it is very hard to watch a loved one in pain, I am sorry to hear your grandparents and dad are ill, and suffering, may their pain be eased soon, and hoping they make a good recovery, don't give up hope, positive vibes coming your way, and a hug to heal your hurt. Take care and keep us posted.

Cinder & Smoke
03-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Hellow, God?

Hi God ~

Need sum speshul Help for Miz Staci's Dad an GranMom, pleeze!

Gonna be a lotta Kandilz *Glowin* down here fur thoze two,
anna lotta Prayers comin Your way!

Pleeze Help em to Feel Better Quick!

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

ChrisH
03-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh, Staci {{Hugs}} Prayers and positive thoughts on their way for your dad and grandma, and for your grandpa and you too.

Chris

lizbud
03-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Staci,

I will keep your Grandma and your Dad in my prayers. It is a
terrible thing to see family suffer & not be able to help, but I
think prayer can do wonders. Hang in there.:) Liz.

shais_mom
03-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Thank you everyone. :)
My dad got out of the hospital today. He is doing fine. Should be on crutches for 2 weeks or so.
My grandma is still at home, she never was in the hospital just the ER. The ER Dr. told her nothing was broken but my dad's orthopedic surgeon whom she is seeing on Tues said well just b/c he doesn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Like a hairline fracture or something. I called her today and she totally scared the you know what outta me b/c I couldn't understand her and she was slurring her words. I called my mom crying, but my mom who had just seen her said she woke up with a sore throat and was hoarse and was taking Narcotics for Pain so that is probably what that was. I seriously thought she was having a stroke. :(
I thought about a scooter also, but they live in a house trailer so not sure if there would be room or not plus on a fixed income......
My mom's uncle bought a new one from XXXXX Company that ADVERTISES if Medicare doesn't pay for it you get it for free and Medicare didn't cover it (if you saw him you would wonder why they wouldn't :mad: he is in terrible health :mad: ) He had to pay like $3000 for it.
My mom and dad are looking into buying a lift chair for Gma asap. To help her get up. Mom wanted to see if Medicare would cover it but once again, the paperwork you would have to go thru and the time it would take doesn't make sense b/c we need it yesterday not in a month.. :mad:
Thanks again everyone, this means a lot to me!!

trayi52
03-27-2004, 12:51 AM
I think the right doctor could push that through for her, on the chair and the other. I think its lousy how they treat old people. Such a shame, you know she needs one. But seems like the reason my mom in law was having such a hard time getting one, was the doctor would not even try to help her with, and he knew her condition. If I can find out who she got hers with, the company that is, I will let you know. Her house is very small too. But I think she has had a blast for the past few days just running it in the house.

I sure hope there will be a way to help her, its not fair to have to use a wheel chair and not have the strength to manuever it by hand. Those things are hard to get around in with a larger house.

She and you, your dad and family will remain in my prayers Staci.

Willie

shais_mom
03-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Thank you everyone all I can really say is keep Praying b/c things are not looking good.
I got a call from my mom yesterday afternoon that they were calling the ambulance to come and get her b/c my Mom couldn't lift her any longer. So I jumped in the shower grabbed Keegan and took off, dropped her at my parent's house and went to the ER. They decided to admit her b/c her xrays showed that she hasn't had a bowel movement for several days (since Wed we think) and she was in Kidney failure. So they admitted her. I stayed there for awhile and fed her her liquid supper. I stayed after my parents left b/c my dad was starting to have some pain. My grandma's sister got there and I left she was still there. She was able to talk to me and carry on a conversation tho she was weak, short of breath, and had a slightly hoarse voice. My parent's told me that I didn't need to come over today b/c 'she would be fine' and I had to work 3rd shift Sunday nite. Well, around noon, I was going to get in the shower, my dad called and told me that they were moving her to the Intensive Care Unit, b/c she was jaundiced, and bloated. So I showered and Left - I got to the waiting room and My great Aunt was there again, My grandpa, and my dad. I asked if my mom was in with Grandma and my dad said no she was at her school getting stuff ready (she is a teacher) and his exact words I think were "Stace, she isn't good at all they are transferring her." I think that they didn't tell me that they were transferring her until I got there so that I wouldn't get upset and get into an accident. So my sister got there and then my grandma's siblings came in (my dad is an only child - not sure if I mentioned that previously) She was gasping for air, not making any sense. So eventually they got the Mobile ICU there to take her, and the Nurses came out to talk to us as we were standing there all upset and crying and one of the nurses gave me a huge hug, and told me they were doing all they could. Well, I found out the Dr. that was taking over her care and felt instant relief, he is the best surgeon at that Hospital. I called into work and told them, I wouldn't make it in. They were very understanding. Then one of the members of the mobile ICU came out and told us that they had put an NG tube in and were getting a lot of vomit from her stomach, and they were going to put her on a ventilator to help her breath on the trip over. So when we got to the new hospital, we waited for about an hour or so until we could see her and honestly she looked a lot better b/c she wasn't struggling.
To make a longer story shorter, the Dr. thinks it is fecal compaction, causing renal failure with a possible viral infection and we will know more in the morning if she makes it thru the nite.
Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers. They mean so much to me.

As much as it breaks my heart, I have to remember that she is 88 years old and this is an awful struggle on her poor body. I see things similiar to this a lot but it is never the same when it is your own family.

wolf_Q
03-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Oh Staci, I'm so sorry to hear all of this!! I know what it's like to have a family member ill, it's such a hard thing for everyone to deal with. I will keep you and all of your family in my thoughts. {{{HUGS}}}

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Staci, I'm so sorry that your grandma's taken a turn for the worse.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

Miss Meow
03-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Will send every good wish that she makes it through the night and can recover from this illness.

Hugs to you and the rest of your family {{{hugs}}}

NoahsMommy
03-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh Stac,
I'll be praying hard for your grandmother. May God's hand be upon her doctors and nurses.

RubyMutt
03-29-2004, 01:05 AM
:( Still sending positive vibes your way (((HUGS)))

popcornbird
03-29-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Its never easy to see a family member so ill. I'm still praying for your grandma. {{{hugs}}}

4 Dog Mother
03-29-2004, 06:21 AM
So sorry Staci to hear that your Grandmother is worse. I hope that things turn around and she starts to improve soon. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Diana

carole
03-29-2004, 10:24 PM
I am really sorry Staci to hear your Grandma is having such a rough time, my thoughts are with you and your family, and here's hoping she pulls through and makes a good recovery,positive vibes are still coming your way.

shais_mom
03-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone!!
Things are still the same, she is responding to us and things that we say to her. The are not sure where her source of infection is. She is still in kidney failure. The stress is really getting to my dad. He collapsed in the hall yesterday.
Please continue to keep him in your prayers. THANK YOU!!!
will update when I can.

Diana how is your mom?

shais_mom
03-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Today she responded to us again. Wiggles her toes when asked. Still not 'awake' tho. All of her bloodwork has come back to a staph infection that we believe came from her cutting herself on a can when she was opening it!!!!! :eek: She put neosporin on it and a band aid, but sometimes that isn't good enough. She should have had a tetanus shot!!

So be VERY VERY Careful if and when you cut yourself on a metal can!!
My dad did much better today!!!
Time will tell what happens. She is in the hands of the Great Physician and only he can truly heal her!!!!

trayi52
03-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the update Staci. I hope your dad and Grandmother continue to improve.

Willie

wolf_Q
03-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Glad things are at least improving a little Staci! I hope things continue to improve!

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Staci, thanks for the update. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care of yourself. {{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
03-31-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, they have decided that the staph infection is from her pneumonia not from her cut on her hand. Her kidney function is improving more output. She opened her eyes for me today. Squeezed my hand. They will probably try to wean her off the ventilator on Sunday. She is in isolation due to the infection, so we have to garb up when we go into see her. She is still very swollen from the infection and fluid retention b/c of her kidneys.
Thanks again everyone!!

Nomilynn
04-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Oh Staci what an ordeal :( You are in my prayers

4 Dog Mother
04-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Glad to hear things are improving some, Staci! All we can do is keep praying because you are right, the healing needs to come from above. Hope you are getting some rest too and that your dad keeps improving.

Diana how is your mom?

My mom is much better. She came home from the hospital on Sunday with new inhalers and prednisone pills to keep that healing going. She is going to the doctor Friday and I am going to go with her to see why things got out of control so quickly. Thanks for asking, Staci.

ChrisH
04-01-2004, 09:10 AM
So glad to hear your Gran is making progress and hoping she keeps on doing so.

Keeping the prayers going for her, your Dad, and for you and your Mum too.

Hugs
Chris

shais_mom
04-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Glad that your Mom is doing well Diana! :)

My dad is doing better each day.
My Grandma on the other hand today is the same. She now has a MRSA infection, which is what I was hoping against hope for her not to have.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/hip/Aresist/mrsafaq.htm

I myself am having mini breakdowns periodically. :( Like right now. I just can't stop crying. :(I was talking to her about Keegan today and she was moving around like she could understand me but I was so overcome with emotion I couldn't talk. I just don't know what I am gonna do without her.
Keegan doesn't get why momma is so upset right now, she is just playin with her ball! But she keeps coming over and putting her head in my lap. :) If it weren't for my girls, I don't know what I would do.
The pic attached is my Gma and my Dad at Christmas. :)

Kater
04-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks for helping us put a face to your father and grandmother. I will be praying for them.
I'm sorry you have to deal with all this at once. Through your tears and sadness I hope you realize that you are not alone and that there are many prayers being said for you and your family.

{{{BIG HUG}}}

trayi52
04-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Staci, what a sweet picture. Your dad and grandmother just look so sweet in that picture.

I do hope and pray that your grandmother will improve, and be back home with you and your family very soon. Please know that there is a lot of people praying for you, your dad, grandmother and the rest of the family.

Willie

lovemyshiba
04-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
It does sound positive that your grandmother is responding to you, but I know you are still very upset.
I am thinking of you, and praying for your Grandmother.

I'm so glad you have Keegan and Kylie there for you right now--they will listen until you can't talk or cry anymore, and that golden fur must soak up a lot of tears.

{{{hugs}}}

Albea
04-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Staci,
I'm so sorry it has taken me this long to tell you that prayers and good thoughts are going your way for your Gandma's recovery. I was without Internet service for almost a week and just saw your post right now.
I do hope she improves soon and also that your Dad stays free of pain.
With best get well wishes for your loved ones from
Alicia

NoahsMommy
04-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Stac,

You all remain in my prayers. I hope healing will begin for your grandma and your dad.

I wish I could make you feel better, but it sounds as if that job has been taken by your wonderful pup and kitters. Let me know if I can do anything, even just listen.

Take care, sweetie.

Love, Kelly

shais_mom
04-03-2004, 12:15 AM
There wasn't much change today. My grandma's sister Jean was pretty discouraged b/c she wasn't very active today but They have her pretty heavily medicated for pain.
I did better today, I wasn't as emotional, tho it comes and goes, I think it is all the outpouring of love and prayers that is coming from PT and the whole community that is pulling for her.
If I may, I would like to add to the 'prayer burden' again. My aunt I mentioned earlier Jean, her husband has Lung Cancer and she is taking him back and forth to Chemo, doing her 'farmwife' duties, and then spending the rest of her time at the hospital b/c she wants someone to be there if Gma wakes up. I told her today to take care of herself, and she snapped "I will do what I want!" I know the stress is getting to her, I can't imagine. She knows I have her best interest at heart tho. She is just feisty herself, she has to be she is related to my Gma!! ;) :p

Once again, I thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart.

trayi52
04-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Staci, I am really happy that you are keeping us updated. That is so helpful.

I will add your aunt to my prayers as well as you, your family, your dad, and your grandmother.

Willie

shais_mom
04-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Not much change, I didn't go to the hospital today. My mom told me that Grandma wouldn't want me pining over her like that. But I am to meet my sister, Dad, Grandpa in the morning to HOPEFULLY talk to the Dr. and make some decisions. My mom told me that she is completely in God's hands now and as much as it hurts I have tried to give her over to God too. I keep thinking to myself that God probably wants her to bake him cookies and pies like she does for us. :(
I will continue to give any updates as long as her battle goes on. Thank you.

trayi52
04-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Staci is your grandmother on life support? Anyway like I said before I am so happy you keep us updated on what is going on with your grandmother.

I really do feel for you, it is so hard when a family member is sick. I know how you feel. I know too that your grandmother would not want you worrying about her, because I am a grandmother too.

You are in my prayers, along with your family.

Willie

shais_mom
04-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Yes she has been on the Ventilator since Sunday afternoon. They were going to try to take her off of it tomorrow. I think she is breathing on her own. I just hope that if they do take her off that it won't be such a struggle for her to breathe. Every time I remember seeing her last Sunday, before they intubated her, and how sick she was, struggling to breathe, in so much pain from infection, and out of her head and confused with the infection, it breaks my heart and I dissolve into tears again. I just can't bear it.

trayi52
04-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Staci, that has to hurt so much. I am so sorry. God that has to be hard on you. :(

I wish you didn't have to go through this. I will continue thinking about you and praying for you.

Willie

Cincy'sMom
04-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Just wanted you to know we are thinkingabout you tongiht Staci. Hope things went as well as they could as the hospital this morning. Give Keegan and Kylie big hugs and let them help you get through this.

shais_mom
04-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks Amy (and everyone else!!)
Today, we didn't meet at the hospital this morning, b/c the Dr made rounds early and called my dad at home. We as a family have decided to aggressively treat the infection b/c they know what it is and feel they are ahead of it. If we do not see any improvement within 2-4 day we are going to pull the lifesupport. She will not live long after that b/c she won't be able to breath on her own for very long in that condition. She is in excruciating pain, any touch causes her to breath to fast and she fights the vent. My poor aunts were going in and massaging her back and bending her arms so they wouldn't get sore and she started to 'hyperventilate' and fight the vent. The nurses have asked them not to do that, and they sedated her so she would breath normally. She was breathing 4 times faster then the ventilator was set on.
Part of me is trying to prepare myself for the end (is there ever anyway to do that?) but then I feel if I don't have hope and lose faith that I might as well be killing her myself. I know that this is the season of miracles so I am praying for one.
I am not sure if I will make it to the hospital tomorrow, have some things to do before work, but definatley will go down on Tuesday and talk to my parents tomorrow after they come home.

I have asked every angel I know from my life to watch over Grandma. Shaianne, my other Grandpa, and all the RB babies that she has had in her life, any I can think of. I have whispered to Keegan and Kylie that if they have any pull with the big guy to use it. Today when we were discussing things about her treatment and after, my dad got very emotional and couldn't speak, the rest of us were afraid to move to touch him, he would have broke down even more, just sat and sobbed, and my beautiful hearted Keegan went over and sat with her head in Grandpa's lap, and he cried into her fur as I have done so often this week. He was then able to tell us what he wanted. I was sooooo proud of her.
I told Amy last nite that I remember 2 1/2 years ago when Shaianne died I cried into Kylie's fur and said "Kylie, what are we going to do without her?" Now I am doing the same thing with Keegan in regards to Grandma. :(

wolf_Q
04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
I hope treating the infection will help and she will improve! I'm still keeping your Grandma in my thoughts, and I sincerely hope things will get better for her.

popcornbird
04-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still praying for your grandma and father. Take care, and hang in there. If you need to talk, I'm just a PM away. {{{hugs}}}

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Like you said, it is the season of miracles. Try not to lose faith, hard as it is. We are all here for you and praying for you.

anna_66
04-05-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing any better Staci:(

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

ChrisH
04-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh, Staci. {Big, big, hugs}.
Keeping your Grandma, you, and your family, in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
04-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Staci, this is so hard, and I am sorry that your family is having to go through this. Bless Keegan's heart for being there for her "grandpa". She helped him without even realizing it. Please know that our prayers are still coming, regardless of the outcome for your grandmother. I hope she can be comfortable during this difficult period.

Logan

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Staci, I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

lovemyshiba
04-05-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm still thinking of you and your family Staci.
You are all in my prayers every night.

Sweet Keegan, she did the best thing anyone could have possibly done for your father.

shais_mom
04-05-2004, 11:59 PM
My family and I are gathering at 9am (our time) to say Goodbye. We have opted not to prolong her suffering any longer. She was such a strong precious lady, she deserves to die with dignity. We are not sure when it will happen, she won't live long after she is taken off. We have no ill will towards the Dr. he was very apologetic and felt that we were winning the fight. I know him from My hospital and he is the best surgeon at that Hospital, so there are no what if's.
Keegan is going to miss her Great Grandma who always had homemade (people) cookies for her. She runs to the door of the trailer everytime we go there and Grandma would let her in. Keegan was named after her so there was always a special bond b/n them. There is going to be a new Angel watching over us. I will miss her forever.
Thank you for your prayers and support.

lovemyshiba
04-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry Staci.
I'm sure you all know what is best for her.

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Staci -

I'm so sorry for you and your family :( I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts through this hard time for you all :(

trayi52
04-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Staci, I feel so awful for you. I just can't tell you how sorry I am. I wish she had improved for the sake of the family. Again I am so sorry.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie

RubyMutt
04-06-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry, Staci (((HUGS)))

You and your family will be in my thoughts :( You know we're all here for you if you need us.

shais_mom
04-06-2004, 12:10 AM
My mom just called. Shortly around 1230 at nite, Shaianne and all her pets have led her to the Bridge. Shaianne LOVED her Great Grandma also. She will lead her across then go back to wait for me.

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Staci, I'm so sorry.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself. {{{HUGS}}}

slick
04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Staci: I can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your family to let someone go because I've never been in that situation. I can only pray for you, your family, and especially Grandma. RIP Grandma.

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry {{{hugs}}}

Condolences to you and your family during this sad time. I know you can prepare for the end, but it always heartbreaking when a beloved relative passes. I'm sure your Gran is grateful that you were able to say goodbye.

{{{hugs}}}

wolf_Q
04-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Staci, I don't know what to say other than I am just so sorry for your loss. I wish I could be there in person to give you a hug. :(

NoahsMommy
04-06-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm with Amy...I wish I could come to you and give you a big hug. :(
I'm so sorry for your loss. She'll be missed greatly, I can tell.

Take care.....I wish I could make it better. I'm just so sorry, I know how much you love that woman, that great woman. I remember all the fun times you'd tell me about with her and your other family members.

You and your family will be in my prayers. May God heal your heart when you are ready.

Love,
Kelly

And Keegan....you are an amazing pup. Just reading about what you did for your grandpa brought tears to my eyes. Be with your mama, she needs you.

Kater
04-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Staci, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Heaven received a very special Angel tonight. I'm glad you were able to say your goodbyes.
Take care of yourself and know that we are all sending healing thoughts out to you and your family during this difficult time.
{{{BIG HUG}}}

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Staci, I just read this right now. :( I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. It is never easy losing a loved one. My condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. Take care.

{{{hugs}}}

ChrisH
04-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Staci, I am so sorry. :(

My condolences to you and your family.

{{Hugs}}

Chris

Logan
04-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Staci, I guess in a way it was a blessing that your grandmother's life ended on her own terms. But still, it is so sad, and I know your heart is breaking. :( My heart breaks for you and your family too. Isn't it a pleasant thought, though, that precious Shaianne was right there to guide her? Sure makes me feel better.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2004, 11:12 AM
:(
So Sorry, Staci ~ Big {{{HUGS}}} to You and your Family.

Safe Trip to The Bridge, GranMom.

Gonna be a LOT of Cookie Baking going on up there in Heaven now...

Your GranMom, My Mom, and My Two GranMoms -
LOTTA Cookies for God & the Bridge Kids!

/s/ :( Phred

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Staci,,

i am so sorry for you loss.:(

{{{{HUGS}}}}

you and your family will be in my prayers.

ramanth
04-06-2004, 02:29 PM
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. *hugs*

carole
04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Staci I am really sorry for your loss, this has been an incredible hard time for you and your family, may grandma rest in peace along with all the beautiful furbabies at the Bridge, my sincere condolences to you, and may you find the strength to get through this very sad time. Take care and HUGS.

shais_mom
04-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Staci, I guess in a way it was a blessing that your grandmother's life ended on her own terms.

That's funny B/c this is what My dad said. He had it all planned that several of us would be there to say goodbye to her this am but she went ahead and did her last independant thing and passed at 11:55 pm. Despite being on the ventilator she went easily. My mom made the comment that "Grandma, has always been afraid of being alone and of the dark but at the end she wasn't alone and wasn't afraid of the Dark." My heart is breaking. We went into the trailer today to get my grandpa settled and I had to leave b/c I just couldn't take it. There were so many things, it was like she should have been walking in the door. Then afterwards I went back with my parents I was better.
I appreciate all your thoughts, condolences, and prayers more than I can just express here. The only thing I can say is Thank YOU!!

trayi52
04-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Staci, I know how that feels, when my dad died, it really felt like he should be there at home. He loved cooking, and that house felt so empty without him. God they leave such holes in our hearts, when they go, and no matter how much you think you are prepared, you just never are.

Again I am so sorry, hope you all heal soon. You are as always in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie

shais_mom
04-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Since she won't accept any payment for this or anything and will probably get emabarrassed that I put this on her but I just HAVE to show you what Amy - Wolf Q did for me. This is going in the casket with Grandma, since she was a huge animal lover.
Thank you Amy, there is no way I can ever show my appreciation or thanks but to say Thank you for this wonderful gift.
It is the Rainbow Bridge Poem surrounded by my wonderful pets that my Grandma loved and that Loved her and a lamb b/c she bottle fed countless baby lambs in her younger days.
I know it is hard to read on here but it printed out simply Gorgeous!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Staci, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. You and your family our in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

4 Dog Mother
04-07-2004, 09:18 AM
I too am sorry Staci about your losing your grandmother. It is always sad to lose someone you love, someone who has always been a part of your life. I will be praying for you and your family.

Wolf Q, what a beautiful thing you did for Staci! I know it meant a lot to her. And Keegan sure was a support for your dad and I am sure for you too.

You know I am here all the time, so if you need me, or just to talk or meet at the Dog Park or even have me come there, you know I can. Take Care, Staci!

lynnestankard
04-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Stacie {{{HUGS}}} across the miles - all my condolences at this terribly sad time. It takes time to come to terms with the death of a much loved Grandma.
Make sure Grandad gets lots of attention and extra hugs - he must feel so lost.

Love from Lynne xx

Logan
04-07-2004, 02:05 PM
What a special touch, Amy. I thank you for the sake of Staci and her family. It is just beautiful with all those precious pets surrounding those beautiful words.

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 02:17 PM
That was so thoughtful Amy!!! It's beautiful.

It's so hard, Staci, but it sounds as if you are doing the right thing, taking everything one step at a time.

{{{{Staci}}}}

slick
04-07-2004, 02:32 PM
What a beautiful tribute Staci and a very nice gesture Amy. I just know that your Grandmother is smiling down from the RB and happily playing with all the angel dog and cats.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

shais_mom
04-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. It may be a few days before I check in again, b/c I will be spending the nite at my parents tomorrow nite for the funeral.
Thank you again!

gini
04-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Dear Staci, I haven't been on Pet Talk much for the past few days.

Please allow me to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family in your loss.

I am so very sorry.

Albea
04-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Staci, I just saw your post right now.
I'm so very sorry you lost your beloved Grandma.
My most sincere condolences to you and your family.
Think of her, if you can, as being among the pets she loved so much who greeted her at the Bridge.
Hugs.

shais_mom
04-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I think I made it thru the last 2 days b/c of all the thoughts and prayers uplifting me.
There was a throw there that I think is very fitting for those of us who have lost loved ones no matter who it was.
And attached is a pic of Grandma at Christmas.

If Tears could build a stairway and memories a lane
I would walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.

I have said before if Love kept us alive none of us would ever die, and I think that is very very true. I was thinking the other day that all the tears I have shed for Grandma in her short illness and passing could be put in a bucket it would only be a drop in the bucket of my love for her. I know that everyone there thinks/feels the same way about her. And everyone who has lost a love one feels the same way, I know.
The other thing that made it a little easier was thinking that in her 88 years that she lived, Grandma went thru this time and time again. She lost her parents, grandparents, 2 sisters, brother in laws, and several friends. So what I am going thru is just small amount of the pain she felt. What I am going thru she went thru several times.
I think I am just babbling so I will end this post finally!:)
Thanks again!

shais_mom
04-09-2004, 09:31 PM
oops forgot to attach the Pic!!!

shais_mom
04-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Please continue to keep My grandpa in your prayers. He is not adjusting well to life alone. He made my dad take him to the ER twice today for his eye. He called my dad repeatedly during church this morning until he would take him the 2nd time. He wants to drive and take his morning ride, but he isn't allowed to drive, but he thinks he can. :(
He has never had to take care of himself, and now he is all alone. My sister and I were saying at the funeral that he just broke our hearts b/c he looked so lonely. Tuesday afternoon we took him home after making the funeral arrangements, and it just killed us to leave him in the trailer alone. :( Thank God he is only right behind my parents in their backyard, but they can't take care of him, do the things like My grandma did for him.
He is so frail and such a brittle asthmatic that I am afraid that he will go into an asthma attack and won't be able to get out of it.
Please ask God to wrap him in arms and take care of him and give him strength to get thru.

Thank You.

jazzcat
04-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

Your family is in my prayers and thoughts, especially your Grandpa.

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandpa is having such a rough time and that he's feeling so lonely.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

4 Dog Mother
04-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Oh, Staci, I am sorry you and your family are going through this. It is such a hard thing to lose a family member and then to have a family member left behind like your grandfather only makes things that much harder. You, your parents and your grandfather will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
04-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Poor Grandpa. :( Special prayers added for him.

{Hugs}

ramanth
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
*hugs and thoughts for your grandpa* :(

RobiLee
04-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Staci,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and your family and sending out lots of prayers. I am so sorry that you have been going through such a difficult time. Its sounds like you and your grandma were close. I hope you can find some comfort in the fact that she will be watching over you now and will always be with you in spirit and in your heart. I hope your dad is recovering well from his surgery and I hope your grandpa is going to be ok. Oh, what a hard time this is for all of you. I will continue to send out all my best thoughts and prayers for all of you.

All my best and lots of hugs.....Robin

anna_66
04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Staci,

I'm so sorry I haven't seen this before now, please forgive me.

I wish I had something to say to make you feel better, but unfortunately I don't:(

Just know you and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

shais_mom
04-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks Anna and Robilee. *no worries for coming in late!* Each day is getting better.
Yes I was very close to my grandma. I was the youngest of 2 grandaughters and the 'favorite'. I went down to their house every Friday nite to spend the nite from the time before I went to Kindergarten until I was in Jr. Hi. And then for the last 13 months they lived right behind my parents so Keegan and I saw them every time we went over. I know she is watching me, and I talk to her all the time. I know that eventually I will probably stop talking to her all the time but for now it helps.
This weekend I might ask my mom and dad if I can borrow their van and take Grandpa for a drive, he likes that. But not sure if I can drive slow enough for him! :p :eek: :eek: :eek: :p But if we stick to country roads etc we might be ok, just have to set the cruise low!