PDA

View Full Version : Hubby is a "Dog Person";((

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 11:07 PM
My hubby could never dislike a cat , in fact he has been known to snuggle Ally and call her "Daddys little girl"when he thinks no-one is around;) , but I have definate proof that he is a "Dog Person".

On Wednesday night on the way home from work I rescued a Lab off the freeway. (The thread is here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46332) ).

I phoned him on the way to tell him I had a dog in the car. Surprise? Annoyance? NOPE - just "OK, well stop and get some food for it on the way home"!

As soon as I walked through the door he was all over this dog (I have to admit that until 4 years ago I had always had dogs and Ally is my first cat). Tickling and talking to it. And he still hasn't stopped talking about how we could work out the logistics of keeing a dog here:rolleyes:

I LOVE the fact that he loves animals - I just wish he would be a BIT more enthusiastic about any of my cat rescues - if they were dogs I would have a house full by now!!!)

Miss Meow
03-26-2004, 12:32 AM
At least he's trying ;)

Who could say no to big, brown, lab eyes anyway?!

Barbara
03-26-2004, 02:51 AM
I suppose there aren't any Dilmun dogs - they might be just as adorable as the cats are?;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Barbara, we have "Desert Dogs"here. They live in the remote parts of the island, and sometimes near houses, where there is open ground and a food source. (I actually trapped a litter of 9 with their mother about 18 months ago - it took over a week to get them all).

They look a lot like Salukis, and are very skinny!

catnapper
03-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Aww.. dogs are sweet and wonderful animals. I would die if anything happened to my Nicki... and yes, people tend to gravitate more to one species than another. I have always considerd myself to be a cat person and when I didn't have cats, I poured all my love into Nicki. But now that I have cats again, Nicki is still loved just as much, but there's a deeper connection to my boys (shhh, don't tell her.)

Now your problem will be finding a dog that likes cats and that your cats like back.:D

Logan
03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
I feel your pain, Julie! My husband is a dog lover too (of course, so am I), but he does tolerate the cats. I shudder to think of the reaction I would get if I suggested that we add another feline to this house, though!!!! :eek: