PDA

View Full Version : I am so... so scared...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-25-2004, 10:11 PM
It was incredibly foggy tonight, to the point you cannot see ten feet in front of you. I just got some TERRIBLE news.

My sister is a police officer, she just told me that there were two accidents on the highway.

Accident One- A sheriff was hit or hit someone, no one knows, it was so foggy out, and he called into the radio and he sounded drunk he was hurt so bad... *trying not to cry* Ok... they said he will most likely be paralyzed. I don't know this man, but my sister does, he was one of her teachers. She had to pull over to compose herself.

*Takes a deep breath*

This one is the worst. I cried the minute my mom told me.

Accident Two- This woman was heading home, she had a 4 year old and an 8 month old in her car. She got in an accident and sadly, the mother died. My heart just totally dropped, and I am still trying not to cry.

I cannot imagine the emotions flowing through my sister right now. These are people I do not know personally, nor do my parents or my sister, but I sit her right now, bawling my eyes out, scared for everyone.

Please, prayers for the sheriff and the two little kids. I am so scared. :(

green_chameleon_girl
03-25-2004, 10:35 PM
aw my gosh thats so sad!!:( Its extremly overcast and foggy here too!!:(:( I feel so sorry for those to children

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-25-2004, 11:06 PM
I am just grateful it wasn't my sister. :(

trayi52
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Things like this touches us all Megan, even when we don't know the person. We see two small children without a mother, and that really hurts. I know, my neice was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago, her two little girls were with her the same age as the one you are talking about. One didn't really understand that their mother was gone. The good thing the children made it. We can be thankful that these two babies are alive. Thats what their mother would have wanted.

Sweet, sweet Megan, your heart is so big. It is so sweet to see a young person that has feelings for people that she does not even know. You are such a treasure.

I too am glad your sister is okay. I hope the officer will recover. All we can do is add our prayers to maybe watch over him and watch and make sure your sister stays safe.

Love Ya,
Willie

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I hear that a lot, but I just feel like I'm being a baby.... I know so many people that would pass these poor people over... my mom told me, and I honestly lost my breath... I was so heart broken for these kids, I just want to go find them and hug them and cry with them... It's just not fair.

trayi52
03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Your not being a baby, its called having a heart. Having feelings for people like that is not being a baby. If it is I guess you'll have to call me a baby too. I am sitting here doing the same thing you are. Thinking about those little ones, its heartbreaking I know.

We will keep these little ones in our thoughts and prayers.

Willie

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-25-2004, 11:34 PM
:) I just hope there are no more accidents. My sister called her hubby and told him to sleep over and his grandma's (where he was visiting) because she didnt want him to drive... it's so scary here right now... :(

trayi52
03-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Yes lets hope there is no more accidents. You tell that sister of yours, she better keep herself safe tonight and be careful out there!

Willie:)

lovemyshiba
03-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
I hear that a lot, but I just feel like I'm being a baby.... I know so many people that would pass these poor people over... my mom told me, and I honestly lost my breath... I was so heart broken for these kids, I just want to go find them and hug them and cry with them... It's just not fair.

No you're not being a baby. It is a horrible tragedy, and it touches everyone who hears about it.
Just this past weekend, I heard of an accident near my husband's hometown. 4 young men (19-22) were driving back from Atlantic City--one had just returned from Iraq, and they went for the weekend to celebrate. On their way home, another car smashed into them, and all 4 of them died. The driver of the other car had been drinking, and only came out with a couple of scratches.
I cried for a while when I heard this one. The poor kid survived his duty in Iraq, only to come home to good old America to be killed by a drunk driver.

Anyway, I will of course keep these children and the sheriff in my prayers.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-26-2004, 06:44 PM
That's horrible. The 2 sweet children are in my thoughts and paryers.

carole
03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
How very very sad, indeed you are someone who has compassion, and that is a wonderful part of your personality, we all feel for those worse off than ourselves, and crying for someone you don't know,means you have a kind heart, and you are a very worthwhile person.

I feel for your sister, it must be hard for her indeed, give her a big hug when you see her next,thank goodness she is safe.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-26-2004, 08:13 PM
To make matters worse, my dad said the woman that died and left her two kids behind... her hubby works with my dad... how terrible :(