PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

catnapper
03-25-2004, 08:18 PM
I finally got around to making that upholstered shelf for my boys... how do you think it turned out?
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/shelf.jpg

The boys seem to give it "two paws up"

Pouncer took to it right away, but Allen gave me some serious airplane ears and jumped off twice to sit on laundry. Then he realized that Pouncer was going to share... and all was well with the world.

Freckles
03-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks as if there is room for one more!:D

rpcathouse
03-25-2004, 08:40 PM
I was wondering if you can come to my house and make a couple of dozen for my guys. I think they would enjoy it as much as yours. Job well done!

Stella

Laura's Babies
03-25-2004, 08:49 PM
I would say "cool" but that looks SOooooo warm! GOOD JOB!!

Felicia's Mom
03-25-2004, 08:53 PM
The cats look like they are enjoying it.:)

Craftlady
03-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Looks like the boys are enjoying themselves on the new shelf. ;)

catnapper
03-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by rpcathouse
I was wondering if you can come to my house and make a couple of dozen for my guys. I think they would enjoy it as much as yours. Job well done!

Stella

It was very easy! I just glued some fabric around a cardboard template and then stuffed it like one long pillow. I then used my staple gun to attach the 'carboard backed pillow' to the shelf so that the cats don't accidentally slide off.

The best part? No sewing! I absolutely hate using a sewing machine.
The second best part? I got rid of all that clutter that was there... this looks so much nicer than piles of books and paperwork.

Laura, yes, it is nice and warm (espescially good because tonight's a bit chilly) but will they use it in the warm weather?

I'm glad you like it.:D

trayi52
03-25-2004, 09:03 PM
I love it! I need one like that for Grover and Stubby, right next to my desk! Then maybe they would sleep there instead of my desk.

Willie

nibblets
03-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Looks like it was a success to me!

I like your 'witch' figurine on the shelf above them.;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-26-2004, 01:39 AM
That looks GREAT! And right above the radiator - should keep them nice and cosy!

catnapper
03-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by nibblets
I like your 'witch' figurine on the shelf above them.;)
Thanks, the witch is a Lenox piece and my brother works for them. My mom visited the employee store with my brother a few months ago and got all excited because the witch reminded her of me...... hmmm, a witch? Me? I can be grumpy, but this is going a little far ma! She said, oh no! She meant because I love Halloween and the witch is holding a black cat, so it was the best of everything I like. Isn't she a good mommy?:)

Everytime I see my mom, she gives me a new Lenox piece. I haven't posted the newest kitty figurine that she gave me this week. Its actually a bit larger than the other cats shes given me...
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/misc%20nonsense/enchantment.jpg
I love my mom - my house is filled with cool Lenox pieces. So is mom's, but my brother buys them for her... and for some reason, he thinks she likes dolphins so he keeps buying crystal dolphins, etc. She's like, "I thought the first one was pretty, but now that I've got enough to fill shelves, I want him to stop." LOL:D

catnapper
03-26-2004, 10:23 PM
So I spent my time making this upholstered shelf yesterday... and where do I find them tonight? Both were piled on top of the laundry in the basket.:rolleyes: Neither had any interest in my shelf.

*ABYCAT* Alice
03-27-2004, 12:18 PM
What a great place for your kitties! Great job!
Tess often sleeps right on the radiator, especially if she's been out on the balcony.

Laura's Babies
03-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Don't you know that they will sleep on that shelf when it is the right TIME? All of mine have certain places they sleep and certian TIMES of the day that they sleep there.... Like assigned sleeping places for1, 2, 3, 4, 5...then it is time to EAT... Then, it is TIME to sleep some more and usually, that is in the same place (no more moving around) until 10 pm, then it is PLAYTIME!!

Is there room on that shelf for ME? Just above the heat is right up my alley!

jazzcat
03-27-2004, 08:06 PM
That shelf is great. I'm sure it will become a favorite spot.

PayItForward
03-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Freckles
Looks as if there is room for one more!:D
That's what I thought ;)