PDA

View Full Version : Garden Memorial Area

Craftlady
03-25-2004, 06:31 PM
We landscaped the area where Butterscotch is laid to rest.

Today hubby and I cut down 8 landscape ties if that wasn't a job. The next time I plan a project with LT's I'm having someone else cut them to size. Between the electric saw and hand saw we got the job done. Then we poured 8 (40lb bags) of soil and spread it around. I'm so sore. It is going to look so nice when I get it planted.

I told my hubby that I wouldn't go to this much trouble just for anyone. Butterscotch is one special guy to get this special area. :)

jazzcat
03-25-2004, 06:43 PM
That will be such a beautiful memorial for Butterscotch, a beautiful cat.

I'm sure you're sore but what a labor of love.

Please let us see it when you finish the planting.

bluekat
03-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Aww, I can see that it will just be beautiful when its finished:)

slick
03-25-2004, 06:49 PM
My gosh that just brought tears to my eyes again. Just to see the spot where Butterscotch is makes me feel like I'm there. What a beautiful gesture. Are you going to plant some nip for Butterscotch ??
Make sure you take pictures of the finished product in full bloom.

sirrahbed
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
That is just lovely!!! What a good idea!! I saw some pretty stones at Petsmart - I would like to buy one each for our RB Ernie and Bert, who are buried under my bedroom window and now have white wooden kitty markers. This is a wonderful memorial for Butterscotch!!
What are you planning to plant???

Craftlady
03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
No cat nip planting, we have to many strays in summer around our area.

My good friend and I both have Yellow Canna flowers that we are both going to plant in honor of Butterscotch. They bloom in summer and fall and get 32 to 40 inches tall. When we see the "yellow flowers" it will remind us of him. :) So I'm planting my bulbs in the box.

I will take more photos once I have flowers in place which should be Mid May (when I can plant panseys) and other flowers will go in late May.

catnapper
03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
What a beautiful tribute. You sghould be proud of your hard work, as I am sure Butterscotch loves it.

Laura's Babies
03-25-2004, 08:53 PM
My sister did a somthing like that when our Chynna baby died and she took his food dish and made a flower arrangement in it and it was just so sweet!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 11:59 PM
That is so touching - it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful tribute!

catmandu
03-26-2004, 09:18 AM
That is very touching , and I am sure that at the Rainbow Bridge , Butterscotch is touched , and is telling all his New Cat Angel Friends all about it , and the wondeful Guardians , that you were.

moosmom
03-26-2004, 10:27 AM
That is SO sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product! Let the sun shine down on Butterscotch!

catlover4ever
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
What a beautiful tribute indeed. Please make sure you share with us a picture when all the planting is done.

Steffi N
03-26-2004, 11:27 AM
What a beautiful way to show your love for Butterscotch.

catcrazylady
03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
That is beautiful and it is a wonderful way to pay tribute to Butterscotch. That will always be a bright spot in your yard just like Butterscotch was in your life.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

kimlovescats
03-26-2004, 04:58 PM
What a lovely tribute to Butterscotch!!! Your hard work was well spent, and I can't wait to see the beautiful flowers growing there when you are done! Please do post some pictures again!

Craftlady
03-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I will certainly post photos of flowers.
Boy are hubby and I sore today, it was worth every aching muscle :)