PDA

View Full Version : Is this a rip-off?

wolfsoul
03-25-2004, 02:32 PM
To join the local agility club you have to pay $80.00 for 8 classes, THEN you have to pay $75.00 for registration, and you ALSO have to pay $2.00 drop-in every time you go to practice. This seems outrageous to me. I wouldn't mind it much if you drop that registration fee. Is this a normal price, or Should I look for another place?

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure about prices, but the class fees and drop-in fees sound fine, but the registration fee sounds high. Is it an annual fee, or a once-off?

Maybe the fee covers public liability and other insurance if you or your dog get injured?

Rio and Me
03-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Sheesh i pay £5 per year registration fee and £2.50 every time i go to the lesson (which is weekly).
Obvioulsy it might be different over there, but i wouldnt/couldnt pay that much for agility.
Ky and Rio

wolfsoul
03-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Is it an annual fee, or a once-off?
It's an annual fee. :( Sooo expensive. I'm guessing I should look elsewhere. I emailed another agility place and hopefully they won't cost as much!

This (http://www.welcometokelowna.com/codac/about.htm) is the place that is really expensive.

Tiah
03-25-2004, 08:16 PM
WOW! My agility classes are 25 every month (for a masters class, too) and there is no fee to pay every time you go either? The classes are really great also, WONDERFUL instructor! Just keep looking and you will find a great place sooner or later! :)

wolfsoul
03-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Wow, that's a great deal. I'd go every day lol.

Twisterdog
03-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Agility and obedience classes here, through 4-H, are $15 per year. Period.

Crikit
03-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Here it all depends on what group you go to. My group doesn't really run any classes but the majority of us went to the same training centre that charges $20 per class the classes running anywhere from 6-8 weeks in other words you end up paying $120-160 for a set of classes...and if you ask me it's well worth it considering that the teacher is a world class competitor.

As for the group we charge a fee of $100 to join which we put in a bank account for equipment repairs and other such things. After the first year the membership fee for the group is $30 per person but we also have a family rate and a junior handler rate. Our drop-in fees are $5 per person, but once again that money is put towards the group or building rentals.

The group I'm in also runs a Just For Fun house league out of a barn south of the city, for that we charge $60 for one dog and $20 for every other dog with a limit of 3 dogs per handler. It seems like a lot of money but it's worth it as the dogs are constantly improving every week.

wolfsoul
03-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Thanks fpor your replies. :)

I emailed another agility place. They charge $100 for 8 classes, and $180 a year for drop-ins. Hmm...I'm going to email somewhere else lol.