PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Hello cat side! Long time no see.. :p

Well im having some trouble with Cali.. She is *very* skinny, yet she eats most of the food we put out for her.. I don't get it.. Is she just... Small? Or Is it because she is an outside cat, that she gets her excersise by running and playing? Eck. Im worried.. Any advice?

Amber

kuhio98
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
How old is Miss Cali?
Princess Kuhio was a very small cat (6 pounds). When she was 16, she developed a hyperthyroid. She ate and ate and ate and continued to lose weight. Might be time to go to the vet and get her levels checked. They can do a simple blood test. We gave Kuhio medicine every day and it helped a lot until she was killed (it was not related to her thyroid).

Also, does Cali drink a lot of water? That could be a sign of diabetes.

Keep us posted.

catlover4ever
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
It is possible that she is just a small girl. My Tigger is very tiny.... 6 lbs and is 11 years old. She is very healthy and Tigger eats everything put in her dish....but as always a check with your vet never hurts.

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Cali is about 8.. Im not *positive* because we got her from other people who were moving, and didn't want cali to go with them.. And no. Cali, doesn't drink *alot* of water, but she drinks up her little bowl in a day..

Ah, im worried now! :p

jazzcat
03-25-2004, 12:52 PM
I think a vet check would be best to rule out anything serious.

I hope she is okay, please let us know.

sirrahved
03-25-2004, 01:04 PM
If she's an outdoor cat, she could also have worms.

catland
03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
how skinny is really skinny? Can you see her ribs?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I would say that if you can see a loss of weight, it would be best to take her to the vet. If she's 8 and has appeared healthy before, and now seems skinny, there might be something wrong and it would be best to have a vet check her, even if for your own peace of mind.

Good luck and please keep us updated. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 01:25 PM
I think a visit to the vet in in order! Give Cali scritchies from me, and keep us updated!

Laura's Babies
03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
First thing I would ask is if she has always been a small baby? If she has, she could just be a petite kitty. But if you are worried because she was bigger and is suddenly small, by all means, get her to a vet!

catmandu
03-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Like People , some Cats actually have hihger metabolisms anr are naturally thin!