PDA

View Full Version : whats the weirdest thing your dog(s) do(es)

SuperLab123
03-25-2004, 09:51 AM
my dog sandy will always lick the furniture.. lol.. shes so weird:p whenever shes on the couch or a chair she will start licking it
whats the weirdest thing your dog does:D

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 10:34 AM
lol, my mother in law's pomeranian, Cody, licks the furniture too--she has leather furniture, and he is constantly licking it!!

My dogs are all strange, but the winner in the weirdness category has to be Kito. He has an obsession with pants.
If I am getting dressed, he HAS to be in the room with me, and loves to walk under the pants as I am putting them on. If he's in the living room, and he hears me open a drawer or the closet, he runs in. And his timing is impeccable. If I'm changing completely, I may put a shirt on, and then, just as I'm about to put on my pants, he appears out of no where. I have no clue what it is all about, but he does it without fail, every day.
One of his other quirks is his obsession with my things that smell good. Like after I get out of the shower I wrap my hair up in my towel. He stands there and waits, and when I take the towel off, I put it on the floor for him, and he rolls around in it for a while. You know how some dogs roll around in yucky stuff? Well, it's the same, but it's a clean towel. Or my hair fresh out of the shower. If I lay on the floor and spread out my hair he will do the same thing--even if I'm trying to dry my hair (sometimes I just sit on the floor in the bedroom while I am doing this) he comes over and tries to rub on it. He even gets as close as possible when I am in the tub and tries to rub on my hair while I am taking a bath!!!!
He's a nutty one, for sure!!!

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Cami is definitly weird!!

Well whenever someone is laying down, on a bed or somthing and they sneeze or even opens their mouth, Cami will jump on the bed and put her head right under your neck and paw at you.. Like she is trying to say "ARE YOU okay?!" :D It's sooo funny!

And just right now she went into the bathroom and i guess smelled something on the rug right under the shower (Probably water, shampoo, toothpaste, ect) and she rubbed her face in it, and started rolling around.. When i came in to look what she was doing, she was on her back looking at me, then she would look around and look back at me.. When i said "What are you up to now cami?" She just looked around and got up. It was funny how she looked, like "Ummm im.. just... erm.. Looking at the ceiling.."

:D

She also has a sock fettish! She has this little area which she thinks noone knows about (We do!) where she hides all of the pairs of socks we are missing.. We always did wonder why whenever she would want to play, she always had a pair of socks on hand! :p

guster girl
03-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Finn jumps funny. :) I wish I had a video camera. He's too young to be jumping to frequently, so, I never ask him to, but, he gets excited about meal time. :) I do make him sit and wait as I put his food down, but, as I'm preparing it, he jumps. Anyway, he will just lay down outside and if I call him, he'll just dig in with his front paws and drag himself over to me instead of getting up. It just looks funny. Oh, yeah, and he licks furniture, walls, the dishwasher door, etc...

Lissa
03-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh Layla, she is my stange pup. When we walk she wraps the leash around her muzzle and whines when she can't get it off. I take it off and she does it again. She licks everything, windows, the bed, hair, walls, doors....
She runs in circles barking if you stick your tougue out at her.
And I don't know why, but she only does this to Alvin, but she rips the toes out of his socks and hides his underwear. We have yet to find a few pairs.
And I have a baby chick beanie baby that she is so careful with, she's destuffed everything else but that.
She refuses to eat/drink out of a bowl, she will dump it out and eat/drink off the floor.
I probably could think of more but I'll just leave it at that.

catnapper
03-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Nicki eats tissues. The snottier, the better. yuck!

primabella
03-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Almost everything Mick does is weird. :p He's be scratching his ear and all of a sudden start smelling his foot and then starts licking his foot. Then all of a sudden remembers about his itch and gets back to that. LOL That's just one of his many wierd things...;)

DogLover9501
03-25-2004, 11:46 AM
ALL of my dogs do weird things :o

Piddle- Piddle does alot of weird things, he also licks the furniture, and when he wakes up he puts his heas high in the air and keeps licking his lips/nose, He also does alot of other weird things like when we are going for a walk and he does his pee he goes back like he's making sure he did it :o

Jasper- Jasper does alot of weird things too, he chases his tail even though he barely has one lol and he actually catches it :eek:. When we are walking and a car passes us he ducks down like it's an air plane going to land on top of us :o. He also HATES smoke and if people show him a cigarette, even if its not lit, he will start "boxing"/smacking at them, ah theres tons more lol.

Wiggles- Wiggles isn't as weird as the males :p, When we are putting her leash and harness on her(even though she LOVES walks) she acts really sad, like we are MAKING her go! She also kisses children so they'll stay away from her lol, especially babys who can crawl, she'll keep kissing their face until they go away.

Ahh well theres many many more, but thats enough for now

DogLover9501
03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by primabella
He's be scratching his ear and all of a sudden start smelling his foot and then starts licking his foot. Then all of a sudden remembers about his itch and gets back to that. LOL That's just one of his many wierd things...;)

Piddle does the exact same thing!! I always thought they were cleaning their ears lol, or cleaning their ears off of their foot, who knows :p

ramanth
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
The minute I get home and let Kia out of her crate, she jumps up and gives me a kiss, then runs over to the couch, jumps on it and rubs her whole body all over it, making weird noises and tossing the pillows off of the couch.

:eek: :D

Christiansmommy
03-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I have mentioned this beofer, but Dale barks at milk jugs, and if you bring one near to him, he runs from it!!! LOL :) Very weird!

Robyn

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Almost everything Mick does is weird. :p He's be scratching his ear and all of a sudden start smelling his foot and then starts licking his foot. Then all of a sudden remembers about his itch and gets back to that. LOL That's just one of his many wierd things...;)

LOL! Cami always did that!

But mostly when she had her ear infection...

rachel_in_FL
03-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Lucy licks leather furniture, too. :)

She also loves to have "underwear parties." This consists of her taking every pair of drawers she can dig out of the laundry basket and laying them out on the landing at the top of the stairs. In the morning, she will sort of look at her artwork; sometimes she will sit on it. She knows this is bad, not even a little allowed, but she doesn't care, bc. she is an artiste and cannot be bothered with convention.

Zeus likes to wear my sockies, too, you know those little tan ped things you wear when you've got sexy shoes on. He works them up over his big front GS paws and comes running into the bedroom doing a little puppy pant-laugh. This is also bad and not allowed, but I'm not very good at enforcement here bc. it makes me laugh so much!!

robinh
03-25-2004, 03:05 PM
All of mine do wierd things:

Max does this drag thing across the floor. He drags his belly and one back foot then the other while pulling himself across the floor.

Carly sleeps on her back with her back legs stretched out straight and one front leg up in the air and one bent up against her body AND with her little pink tongue sticking out.

Molly turns sommersalts in the chair next to who ever is sitting in it. She wants you to tickle-tickle her tummy and get her bum, get her bum (touch her tail-what there is of it).

Muffin does this wiggly squirrelly thing when she gets happy. Her whole body just shimmies. She licks dish towels.

Kirby walks up the stairs funny. His little knees point out so his little behind waddles. Cracks me up every time I follow him up the stairs. He also steals socks.

They all shred tissues and paper towels.

Rio and Me
03-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Rio does this really cute thing when she yawns she like screatchs with it and then rounds it of with a grunt,lol, every time she did that i would put my habd into a claw shape (you know where you spread your fingers) and put it close to her nose whilst she's yawning and now she yawns on comand of the claw,lol
Ky and Rio

SuperLab123
03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
ur dogs r so funny! thanks for sharing with me!!!!:D

lute
03-26-2004, 10:14 AM
the weirdest thing beanie does is lickng furniture,and the wall....oh,and he eats grass like a cow!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
03-26-2004, 01:02 PM
My Max Does somthing weird also he drages my pug and bichon around bu there tails:eek: Amazingly my Pug and Bichon do not mind this:eek: and he does not hurt them or there tails. I figured he does this because he only has a stubb!