PDA

View Full Version : make the pain stop

Truffles
03-25-2004, 08:51 AM
:( just updating you.gotta make it short i'm not feeling well at all anyway the sugery went ok.i was dizzy when waking up and that continued till the knock out stuff wore off.they said that is normal.

anyway the sugery took 35min then i went to recovery for 2 hours then went back to my room where my parents were waiting.**** my pain got so bad it got up to 10.took a pain pill that did no good then and hour later i took a seocond one that did the trick.

i have a ice pack head thingy wrapped around me head each side has ice in it and that helps sooth my pain more than the pain med.

they asked us to be at the hospital at 5:30am so we got there and they took me to my room and guess what ...............................they did NOTHING till 6:04am **** why did they ask us to come 30min early.

**** i'm in pain ....................the good part is i never seized............nor did i throw up................i think.the 28th (my b-day) is postponed till i feel better cause i can't chew for 7 days.they cut my WHOLE GUM OFF on both sides i mean they sliced my gums.my mom said that pulling them would of been better less pain,but we had no chioce,cause the 4 teeth were deep down.

i'm in pain bad bad pain.some b-day gift

marylyn

ps.sorry karen for the cussing i'm just in real bad pain:(

Cataholic
03-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Ah, poor you. :( Remember, every hour that passes is going to be a tad bit better. As hard as it is right now, TRY to take your mind off of it, TRY not to think about it! Watch a movie, read, draw, anything! Good luck, toothless Marilyn. Get better soon.
Johanna

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well!

I'm sure you will feel better soon--just get some rest, and enjoy the relaxation time!!!!

wolfie
03-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Im glad to hear you got through the surgery with no complications, but I am so sorry you are in so much pain.

Try some soft custard or ice cream to soothe the pain a bit - real comfort food!

gini
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Just think - you will never - ever have to have this done again.

You will be feeling better soon but I am sorry that you have to go through this.

lynnestankard
03-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Glad the surgery went well Marylyn - sorry you're in so much pain. It's over now and all you have to do it get well soon - rice pudding is pretty good comfort food too!!

I've come out in sympathy with you because I've got an abscess in my gum - so I'm on pain killers and anti-biotics and feeling very sorry for myself. There you go - we can grumble happily together!!

Get Well Soon xxx

Lynne

trayi52
03-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Marylyn, I am happy to hear you got through the surgery okay. Like everybody said, now the healing begins and it will start feeling better now. Then no more pain!

Just rest and sleep, and get you mind off the pain.

Willie

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry you're hurting so much. Every day you'll start feeling a bit better :)

anna_66
03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear all went well and your on the mend. I hope your pain subsides soon.