PDA

View Full Version : Asking for your prayers...

Moose
03-24-2004, 07:21 PM
As most of you might remember, my dad has been battling cancer for quite some time now. Well, I got the dreaded call today...

He isn't doing well at all...and was actually put in the hospital early this morning. The doctors are thinking that there just isn't much left in him, and there isn't much more to do. The radiation treatments he's been going through haven't been helping.

I know it's cruel of me to tell you this and not post the details, but I honestly just can't get that far into it right now. I, myself, am having trouble trying to understand all of this.

As of right now, Josh and are are postponing our trip out to California. I feel like I need to be here, and can't risk leaving right now with my dad fighting for his life in the hospital.

I'm just asking for some Pet Talk prayers -- I know you guys can make miracles happen.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-24-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm so sorry, Brooke. :( Don't lose hope yet....you never know what could happen.

*Hugs* I'll keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just an IM away if you need to talk.

Moose
03-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I'm so sorry, Brooke. :( Don't lose hope yet....you never know what could happen.

*Hugs* I'll keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just an IM away if you need to talk.

Thanks, Jules.

popcornbird
03-24-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Don't lose hope. I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers, hoping for a miracle.

bluekat
03-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Aww I'm sorry to hear that Brooke:( I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers...I hope he gets better soon.

Moose
03-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks Poppy, thanks Tiffany.

joycenalex
03-24-2004, 07:45 PM
i'll be keeping you and your dad in my thoughts. joyce

Moose
03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Thank you, Joyce.

catnapper
03-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Hugs to you. Cancer is such a scary and terrible disease. Prayers to you and your family.

KYS
03-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Sending lots of hugs, good wishing and prayers
for you, your father and your family.

(((^..^))) Karen

micki76
03-24-2004, 08:21 PM
I went through this last year with my Dad and you have my prayers. It's so hard to go through. :( :(

And yes, you definitely need to be there, hard as it is. :(

Twisterdog
03-24-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear your Dad isn't doing well. My dad also has cancer, although he is doing fairly well at the moment. It is indeed the hardest thing to know and watch. My heart breaks for you. Our daddies are the most wonderful people on earth. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Felicia's Mom
03-24-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry your father isn't doing well. My prayers are with him.

Tonya
03-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I am sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers for your father.

trayi52
03-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Brooke, I am sorry to hear that your dad is not doing so good. You do need to stay just as close as you can to him. Somebody said dads are special, well they are soooo right.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your mother , dad and the rest of the family that is going through this. It is hard on the whole family when a family member is sick. Believe me I know.

Willie

Moose
03-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, everyone.

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

I hope your dad has the strength to keep fighting this, and come home again.

lovemyshiba
03-24-2004, 09:56 PM
I will keep your father and your family in my prayers.

Moose
03-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks you guys.

I'm planning on heading out to my parents' house this weekend. Josh will be staying home with the dogs, so that will be one less thing to worry about. I'll let you know how it goes...

slick
03-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh Brooke, I'm so, so sorry. It's certainly not an easy time for you and the rest of your family. Spend as much time with him as you can and tell him you love him. I wish I had that chance before my Father passed away.

I am praying for you and PT prayers DO work and miracles DO happen. Keep the faith and the hope.

Logan
03-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Brooke, your dad is added to my prayer list. I'm so sorry that he has taken a bad turn. I know he will be relieved to see you this weekend. Please know that your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Logan

krazyaboutkatz
03-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Brooke, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care.

jazzcat
03-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Prayers are on the way.

I'm so sorry.

ChrisH
03-25-2004, 04:44 AM
Oh, Brooke, I am so sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for him, and you and your family too.

Chris

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Prayers are on the way.....

Sorry you are going through this tough time.. but God is definately a God of miracles! I pray He keep you and your family strong!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Brooke, I am keeping you, your father and your family in my prayers.

lynnestankard
03-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Brook I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad - I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers - {{{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Lynne

Karen
03-25-2004, 12:53 PM
You and your dad will be in my prayers.

robinh
03-25-2004, 01:06 PM
I will keep you and your dad in my prayers. This is a very tough time. And I'll agree with everyone, yes you should be there for your dad and for yourself. Stay strong and take good care of yourself too.

Moose
03-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Thank you everybody. Although the extreme stress and sadness hasn't gone away, you guys have helped to calm me down somewhat. It's just so comforting to know that everyone here is so amazing -- to have people praying for you and your family when they've never even met you is just an awesome feeling.

Again, thank you so much. I sent the link to this thread to my mom earlier this evening and she called about an hour ago to tell me how much it meant to her to have you all thinking of us.

I'm driving out there tomorrow afternoon and will be spending most of my time there at the hospital...and the time in between will be spent with my mom. She's actually being pretty strong through this, and I've found a new respect for her.

I just wanted to let you know -- I probably won't be too active around here for the next week or so.

Thanks you guys. It's nice to be able to smile even when things are going so badly...