PDA

View Full Version : Spring has sprung??? Thursday #47!!

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 02:14 PM
I have spring fever......

I was looking at new shocks for my truck!!
:rolleyes:

Since Spring has sprung-- May pole anyone??

-------------------------

Strawberry Smash

1 oz. Bacardi Light Rum, 1 oz. Wilderberry Schnapps, 1/2 oz. Bacardi 151, 1 oz. Sour mix, 1 cup Strawberries, 1 Banana

Blend with Crushed ice, Serve in a large Decorative glass, Garnish with a fresh Strawberry if available, or an orange slice and cherry

slick
03-24-2004, 02:21 PM
:eek: :eek: OMG that DOTD has 151 proof in it.......

Our Christmas tradition every year is to put 151 proof Navy Rum in our morning coffee....or should I say "cups of coffee" :D

Sounds great. I'll take one. Thanks Richard.

Spring Fever....shocks **snort snort** :D :D You're starting off with spring in your step....

dukedogsmom
03-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Woo Hoo! Was getting ready to start this thread and was going to send out a search party for you. Drink sounds yummy and after two, I really shouldn't care how busy it is here at work. So, bring it on!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Woo Hoo! Was getting ready to start this thread and was going to send out a search party for you. Drink sounds yummy and after two, I really shouldn't care how busy it is here at work. So, bring it on!

I agree!!! I've been dying here and if this thread wasn't here I was going to start one myself!

The DOTD sounds absolutely YUMMY! Start me off with two of them right away.....yes, it's been one of those days. :rolleyes:

And Richard, we've still got a whole month before it's time for the May pole. But maybe we could have an End of March pole or something. ;) :D

catland
03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Slick - I'm spending next Christmas with you.

Richard - I like the part about a "large decorative glass" - I found some real nice ones in the L&F - I'll clean them up and then you can pour me one.;)

lbaker
03-24-2004, 03:01 PM
I just thought of a joke about "May Poles" but it's rather tasteless and not very PC so I'd better wait until I have one or two of those not-so-tasteless sounding drinks :rolleyes: Forget the large decorative glass, make it in a punch bowl and I'll take it from there :p * urp *

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Double DOTD, please! :)

I'm in a 'can't be bothered' rut, so will just pull up a stool and hang here for a while. Does Mario know any jokes?

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Slick,

spring im my step??? Rocks in my socks!!

DONE!

DDM,

Work, smurk....

DONE!

T&P,
March pole???:cool:

DONE!

Catland,
Nice glasses!

Thanks!...DONE!

Laurie.....

Just don't fall in!

DONE!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Whoo Hooo!! The bar is open! Great, I want to try the DOTD and just give Mario a beer. He don't need to pass out yet!

Mario acts like a joke sometimes, will that do??

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Double DOTD, please! :)

I'm in a 'can't be bothered' rut, so will just pull up a stool and hang here for a while. Does Mario know any jokes?

I think that is the prevailing mood across the planet....blah!!!

Double for you!!

Tray and Mario...

DOTD and a beer....by the way.. How old is Mario??
:eek:

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2004, 03:40 PM
The bar is open just in time for me to post my news...I just recieved a new job offer!!! I don't know for sure if I will accept it or not, but it is looking good!!!

DOTD please!!!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Mario is just old enough!!;)

RedHedd
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
But maybe we could have an End of March pole or something. ;) :D Sounds like something we'd do in San Francisco :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
The bar is open just in time for me to post my news...I just recieved a new job offer!!! I don't know for sure if I will accept it or not, but it is looking good!!!

DOTD please!!!

Cheers! that's some good news!

Tray,
Just asking:p

Red,
lol,

Not touching that with a 10 foot pole!

Drink?

Corinna
03-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Wow I take a spring nap anr you guys get the bar open. I'' take one of those dotd. We are being teased 58 the last 2 days and now they are saying possible snow tonight. :mad:

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Wow I take a spring nap anr you guys get the bar open. I'' take one of those dotd. We are being teased 58 the last 2 days and now they are saying possible snow tonight. :mad:

snow???

you need a drink....DONE!

Corinna
03-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks richard .It really sucks we had the warm weather to FINALLY melt the snow out of the yard . I drove up to where I work (starting 4-5) they still have several feet. I guess it's my fault for wanting to live here in Montana . How about a hot buttered rum! please?

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

DOTD please!!!

Congratulations! It's nice to be in a position where you have choice :)

Another DOTD to celebrate!

slick
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
**waves**

Hi everyone. Work has had me a little tied up today but now I think I have a few minutes to "play".

Mario, come over here and sit by Auntie Slick. How about a game of checkers???? Well, OK, for a beer.

CM: congrats on the job offer.:) :)

Richard: may I please have a beer for Mario, a DOTD for me and give CM what she wants, on my tab. Thanks.

MM: it seems to me that it's been a while since we've seen updated pics of your furbabies **hint hint**

dukedogsmom
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Home now and watching Seinfeld. Much better! Congrat's CM! Hope it's something you want. Drinks for everybody on my tab!!

RICHARD
03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Thanks richard .It really sucks we had the warm weather to FINALLY melt the snow out of the yard . I drove up to where I work (starting 4-5) they still have several feet. I guess it's my fault for wanting to live here in Montana . How about a hot buttered rum! please?

HBR- DONE!

Slick,

Drink for you, beer for Mario and CM???

DONE!

DDM,

Why thank you!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-24-2004, 08:16 PM
*sigh*

Depressing week. Strawberry smoothie, please? :(

KYS
03-24-2004, 08:24 PM
posted by Cincy'sMom:I just recieved a new job offer!!! >>>

Congratulations!!! Cincy'sMom. :)

Richard, I will take whatever you want to make
as long as it sweet please.

Thank you!!!!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
That DOTD was great, I'll take a double!

Slick, hows Mario with the beer? Is he sipping or downing them all at once?

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by slick
[B
CM: congrats on the job offer.:) :)

Richard: may I please have a beer for Mario, a DOTD for me and give CM what she wants, on my tab. Thanks.

[/B]

Thanks Slick!!! I'll have another DOTD please!!!

slick
03-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Slick, hows Mario with the beer? Is he sipping or downing them all at once?
Well, at first I had to keep a napkin handy to wipe his mouth off because he was downing them so fast that he was drooling. I've since encouraged him to slow down and take things a bit slower; that way we don't have to change his diaper so often.

You're welcome CM. Enjoy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2004, 10:34 PM
I'll have another DOTD please. They are just yummy!

Congratulations Cincy's Mom! Hope everything works out! :D

Ilovemyabbygirl, come sit by the fire and have a DOTD. Tell us all about it and you'll feel much better. And if that doesn't work we'll send Mario over to cheer you up - if we can tear him away from Slick. I'm not sure how much checkers is being played with Mario sticking the pieces in his ears! :eek:

slick
03-24-2004, 10:39 PM
I'll have another DOTD please. They are just yummy!
I'd love to make you one but.....well.....but.....Mario just swigged the last of them.

Give me a minute and I'll see if I can rustle some more up.

BTW: smooch, smooch, smooch....:) ;) Can you feel the love??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Slick, I was just going to ask if you collected your email. :D

Mario, sometimes you're such a hog! No wonder you're putting those checkers in your ears, your flat out toasted...again!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Slick, don't put yourself out for that drink, I'll just take a nekkid beer instead. Something quick and easy but remember, they don't have the screw off tops, you have to use an opener. I've ruined my hand a few times on those durn caps. :eek:

I'm so excited. We're taking out first motorhome trip of the year and I'm leaving tomorrow after work. Terry is already gone with the motorhome (he gets way more vacation days than I do). I talked to him tonight and he's in the motorhome, all snug as a bug in a rug and I'm sooo jealous. I want to be there too! It's just so nice and relaxing there, and once you put the blinds down at night, it's like you block out the rest of the world and we're in our own little cocoon. So I'll be around tomorrow, but then gone for the rest of the weekend, unless I should come across a stray wireless connection I can tap into. ;) :D

So I'll just take that beer and go join abbygirl by the fire. If I start snoring wake me up and send me to bed, k?

dukedogsmom
03-25-2004, 06:46 AM
T&P, have a great time! I would love to take a trip like that and will some day. You can rent RVs for not too bad a rate. I'm about ready to leave for Kay's house. Duke is so excited that he gets to see his boyfriend again. He's a confused doggie. Can't stand the girl dog and is obsessed with the boy dog. Everyone have a happy Thursday!

slick
03-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Happy Thursty everyone!!

I see Debbie and Abbygirl fell asleep again.....come guys, time to get up. Wakey Wakey.

I'll put on the coffee as usual.

Corinna
03-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Just checking in on you guys I will be at my daughters to day wedding plans. Cake and we are still working on my 25th annaversy book she started and then dying my hair.
You all take care (wish the kid would stop being cheap and get the net)

robinh
03-25-2004, 10:00 AM
I know it's early, but can I have a couple of DOTD's! I'm having a really crappy day. Wish I was Friday.

lbaker
03-25-2004, 10:14 AM
OK robinh, you can be Friday and I'll be Robinson Crusoe ;) A double DOTD for you ... I'll freshen up the punch bowl ;) then we can pretend we are on a desert isle and play in the sand, that should help :cool:

Logan
03-25-2004, 10:39 AM
I want one too! I'm in the middle of a big project for work and could stand a little "pick me up"! Think it's ok for me to drink on the job since I work at home??? :p

lbaker
03-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Allow me Logan. By the way... speaking of Frito Feet, have you smelled Roger & Millie's feet yet? Anything? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
OK robinh, you can be Friday and I'll be Robinson Crusoe ;) A double DOTD for you ... I'll freshen up the punch bowl ;) then we can pretend we are on a desert isle and play in the sand, that should help :cool:

THIS is why I love Thursdays. :D :D :D

I heard on the radio this morning that today is Friday Eve. More commonly known as Thursday, but really Friday Eve. I kinda like that theory because any kind of "eve" is a reason to celebrate - so I guess I'll just have a DOTD to join in the celebration! :D

I feel like I'm already on vacation. Haven't done a lick of work yet this morning - not much to do. I guess I could find something to do, but why bother when I don't expect the boss to be in at all today.....so let's party!!! :D :D

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
*sigh*

Depressing week. Strawberry smoothie, please? :(

ILMAB
Straw smoothie! DONE!

KYS,
DOTD! DONE!

Tray and CM.
Doubles, Done!

T&P,
Single, Done!

Yeah, let's party....:D

robinh
03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Man, I was thinking "Calgon take me away" but I'd much rather go to a desert isle and sip on the DOTD with good friends! Sounds absolutely perfect.

slick
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
....so let's party!!! :D :D
I wish I could. Things are really heating up here and I have to try to keep my cool. Got a tongue lashing yesterday from some idiot who thinks she's my boss and God's gift to the world. She was in the wrong but you know what they say about the customer always being right :rolleyes: Today we are shaking hands, but don't know for how long. Guess I'd better keep my nose to grindstone today.

but........not with a DOTD - double please, and thank you.

gini
03-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Mornin' everyone.

I gobba cold and I can't breed, so this will be quick.

CM - congratulations on the job offer.

Debbie - have a great weekend.

Abbygirl, sit over here and I will share this blanket by the fire.

Slick - my week hasn't been that great either - keep your chin up.

Richard - great drink - Rum - Yum!

Laurie - where did all of this sand come from? What island?

I wish it was Monday because I have to do my income taxes this weekend - and if it was Monday it would already be done.

Where are da Kleenex in dis place?

robinh
03-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't envy you the cold, gini. Here are some kleenexes. Hope you feel better soon. Hopefully having your taxes done will help.

Only problem with bringing in sand - it NEVER all goes away. You can't sweep it up and you can't vacuum it up. But it will definitely find it's way into the bed - generally on the feet of those lovely four footed creatures where, of course, it doesn't bother them to sleep.

Another drink, please.

catland
03-25-2004, 12:25 PM
At first I wanted a DOTD - but its kind of cold here today so I need something that will warm me up (besides Mario).

Speaking of which - why is there fur and spit all over the checkers?

lbaker
03-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Actually catland I think it's earwax, not spit :rolleyes: Don't ask/Don't tell.... that's our motto ;) Hot buttered rum for you? I'd be honored.

slick
03-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Actually catland I think it's earwax, not spit
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

catland
03-25-2004, 01:06 PM
eww - glad I didn't lick it off.:eek: :eek: a HBR sounds great lb - I'll go throw a couple of more logs on the fire and warm this place up.

btw -
How did the Vikings send secret messages?

By norse code.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by catland
btw -
How did the Vikings send secret messages?
By norse code.

Ok, let me be the first.

***Groooooaaannnn*****;) :D

I agree Robin, seems all you have to do is have one tiny grain of sand - just one - and all of a sudden it's literally everywhere!!! It sure is a fast breeder....but Gini can't breed today, so she must not be a grain of sand. Hmmm....I'll just have to have another DOTD and think about that one for awhile. ;) :D

Gini, hope you get done with your taxes sooner rather than later. I've had mine in the bank for about a month already - but I've got it easy. Single with no exemptions. This is what I earned, this is what I paid, this is what I owe and this is what I get back - DONE! :D

trayi52
03-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry Gini you are not feeling good today, hope you get those old taxes done and out of the way. I know that will help a lot.

Slick, sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. I hope it will get better.

Debbie, I hope you have a fun trip. Sounds so nice to just be able to get away for awhile!

Sorry about the checkers catland, Mario does get carried away at times..

Norse code, LOL!

I'll take another DOTD, they are really good! Mario, I think wants another beer.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Sorry to be so late! (pant! pant!) I've been trying to convince my printer it doesn't have a paper jam. (Someone who will remain nameless, tried putting a folded piece of paper in sidewise. Not a big success!) I've tured it off, unplugged it, disconnected it from the computer, turned the computer off and on and now I give up!!! Guess I done broke the sucker!!!

I'd like to buy a round for everyone to celebrate my cousin's son arriving back from Iraq. He's finally finished his tour of duty there! YIPEEEE!!

I'd like the biggest cherry slushy thingy you have please? And 4 iced cat nip teas for the critters!

gini
03-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

I'd like to buy a round for everyone to celebrate my cousin's son arriving back from Iraq. He's finally finished his tour of duty there! YIPEEEE!!

I'd like the biggest cherry slushy thingy you have please? And 4 iced cat nip teas for the critters!

Let's put up a big banner and welcome him home!
Maybe we can have Mario give him an American flag. Home, safe and sound - NOW THAT is very good news!

Thanks for your get well wishes - everyone around me has been sick, so I knew that it was only a matter of time.

trayi52
03-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I think we should all drink to that! It is alway good news to hear when one of our brave soldiers is returning home!!

slick
03-25-2004, 02:20 PM
MOFF, what great news. I'll bet the whole fam damily is relieved.:)

Hi everyone. Almost lunchtime here. Any chance of getting some "all-dressed" nachos??? We wouldn't want them nikked now would we ;)

I'll also take another double DOTD. Those go down reeaaalll smooooth.

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Good morning! If today is Friday here, do I get a different Drink of the Day?

Gini, I hope you get better soon.

Have fun, T&P's Mom! MOFF, I'm aghast that one of my former co-workers has volunteered to go to Baghdad for a six month posting - am giving a sigh of relief that your cousin's son is coming home safely.

trayi52
03-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Nicole, tell your friend that we all said to please stay safe!

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Nicole, tell your friend that we all said to please stay safe!

I think he's mad. He volunteered to go for six months of tax free dollars. Thinks the $25,000 extra he'll clear is worth the risk of hanging out in Baghdad. I hope he stays safe too.

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I think he's mad. He volunteered to go for six months of tax free dollars. Thinks the $25,000 extra he'll clear is worth the risk of hanging out in Baghdad. I hope he stays safe too.

Halliburton just held a job fair for jobs in Iraq...Eighteen hour days, living in a tent @ 130 degrees and the chance to make money..... :eek:

No thanks, I'll take my chances in lost angeles!

Slick,
Dressed Nachos and DOTD...DONE!

MOFF,
Bladder buster HUGE cherry slushie and cat nip tea! DONE!

Tray,

DOTD, and a Beer for Mario!

Robin and T&P,

DOTD, DONE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2004, 03:26 PM

Maybe he's hoping to come across Osama and collect on the $2.5 million reward money. That might be worth a 6 month stay in my opinion, but $25,000? No thanks!

MOFF - Yeah, wonderful news that he's returning safe and sound. Hopefully all his buddies are safe and sound too. :D

Drat, missed out on the nachos. I'll just clean the cheese goo off the plateif you don't mind - unless Mario has gotten to it already. :D

I'm getting ready to take off in about another hour or so, so I want you all to behave while I'm gone, you hear? Yes, you too Mario.

Then I've got a 4 hour drive (ugh - and that's if traffic isn't bad) before I get to be wrapped in the motorhome cocoon. :D

slick
03-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Debbie:

PPPPAAAALLEEEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEE take me with you.

I promise I'll be good and stay out of the way. I just want to escape this HH I'm in.....

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 04:05 PM
waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I want one of these.............

http://www.teardroptrailersexpress.com/

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2004, 04:44 PM
We've seem those at shows, Richard. They are sooo cute, but really tiny - obviously. ;)

I always thought we could get one of those to pull behind so T & P have their own little house. :D

Slick, no problem, come on down, better hurry though 'cause I'm off!!! :D :D :D

Have a great weekend everybody!!! :D

slick
03-25-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

It looks like a smaller version of the old Boler Trailer we used to have when I was a kid. Gee, if I one of them I could drive down in July and camp out in Gini's driveway.

What would the neighbours think :eek:

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

That would look so cool on the back of the Datsun! :) I'm sure they'd do it in burgundy ;)

gini
03-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Slick, you would fit right in.

A few years back someone parked their REALLY BIG motorhome right in front of our house. Every morning at around 5 AM, he would crank that puppy up - (generator) - so he could shower and shave. We of course, enjoyed the dawn with him.

Turned out he was a postman that was weeks away from full retirement. He had bought the motorhome and was just waiting for his last work day so he could drive off into the sunset in full retirement.

Because of that, we were tolerant of him.

My particular block has a book waiting to be written - so much has happened here - but then, this is Los Angeles.

(Slick, I would let you in the house you know - to sleep too.).

I need a good drink that clears your sinuses - whatcha got Richard?

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
how's about a Spanish Coffee??

Corinna
03-25-2004, 06:02 PM
well an other wasted day my daughter can not make a decstion. How about a diet lime coke.

gini
03-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Sounds great, I will take two, one for each sinus!

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Gini,
two spanish coffees...

Corrina
a diet lime coke!

DONE!

slick
03-25-2004, 06:42 PM
OMG it's only 4:45pm here and I've got another 2 hours to go.

Four for the road please, one for each hand and one for each foot.

Hmmmm.....that means if I want to drink I need to stick my foot in my mouth :D :eek:

captain
03-25-2004, 06:57 PM

Hmmmm.....that means if I want to drink I need to stick my foot in my mouth :D :eek:

That is not unusual for you really, is it slick?
*snort snort*!!! :D :D :p

Sorry, could not resist! Had the past 3 months from hell (you may have noticed I have not popped in for awhile0 ...... and am currently sitting at Perth Airport, waiting for my next 3 hour flight .......... it is 9am here (12 noon at Miss Meow - my home town).

It is Friday, and I would like to have yesterdays DOTD please Richard.

Get well soon gini

My, my - that Mario sure does drink alot!!!

Miss M - burgundy camper on the datsun .. ooooookkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyy?

Cheers

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by captain

Miss M - burgundy camper on the datsun .. ooooookkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyy?

Cheers

Only if I can get flames painted on the side, and with chrome trimmings :D

Does Perth have an internet terminal? That has to be the second-most boring airport in the world ... Canberra being the worst :eek: I swear my IQ drops every time I enter that joint.

slick
03-25-2004, 07:06 PM
That is not unusual for you really, is it slick?
*snort snort*!!! :D :D :p

Just had to jump in and be the "star" of the show, didn't ya??? :D ;)

Where have you been??? Inquiring minds want to know.

mahayana
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey, everyone! I'd like one of yesterday's DOTDs, too. And a big bowl of those wonderful California strawberries. They are huge and sweet!

Hope you don't mind I brought Pandy tonight. I wanted you to pet her amazing silky fur. I think she might be a cross between a Border Collie and a Californian rabbit!;)

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy21.jpg

trayi52
03-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Oh, goody Pandy is here! Sweet little Pandy!

I'll take one of those DOTDs too, and make it a double, Pleasssseeee!

mahayana
03-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Guess we'll have to mix up our own Strawberry Smash, Willie. Is there a bag of Kibbles for Pandy? When did Mario learn to ride on dogs like a cowboy?:D

trayi52
03-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Mario thinks dogs are horses, so he naturally rides Dana around the house too. He seen a monkey riding a dog at the fair one year, and now he keeps trying to get me to get him a small saddle to go on Dana. LOL.

I'm sure there is some kibble in the lost and found.....

You mix and I'll drink.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2004, 09:16 PM

My, my - that Mario sure does drink alot!!!
Cheers That's not all he does a lot. What goes in, comes back out! Man the diapers!!!

Good news about my printer. I called my computer expert brother, I just had to lift the cartrige out and realign the thing. DUH!!!!! I'll remember that for sure. :D

trayi52
03-25-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm glad you didn't have to go out and get another one! Why don't you sit down and have a drink?

slick
03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Good evening everyone. Boy, driving home from wlf,\\ (Max just jumped on the keyboard...:D ) as I was saying it was nasty business on the way home from work. It's pouring rain with wind and big puddles. Typical weather for this time of year :rolleyes: I'll just feed the cats and put some work on the fire. I'm shivering. I think a Spanish Coffee has my name on it.

Hi Andy: so glad Pandy is along for the ride. Hope he doesn't need diapers :eek: I have enough trouble with Mario.

mahayana
03-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Pandy is a perfect lady about the powderroom stuff. The countryside is her place to go! She does seem to enjoy last night's leftover flat beer in her dogdish. This won't hurt her recovery from surgery, I hope? I do love her smile! :)

slick
03-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Hope he doesn't need diapers :eek:
Oooops, sorry Pandy. Didn't mean to give you an instant sex change. A lady indeed you are. Please forgive me and let me smooch that pretty facie???

Can I make amends by offering you some of my home-made doggie biscuits???

mahayana
03-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Pandy snarfed a few of your wonderful doggie biscuits, then took all the rest outside and buried them! She must have picked up this trick while she was a stray...

I have to get ready for work now, but Pandy thinks the cyber-bar is pretty cool. Will anyone play with her, or should I take her home to mommy-Ann?

lbaker
03-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Would she like to go for a walk on the beach with me? She can play in the waves (only the shallow part, don't worry) and I promise I'll brush her sweet soft fur afterward :cool: I bet she will love to dig for sand crabs ;)

mahayana
03-26-2004, 07:18 AM
I'd forgotten that there were tropical breezes and a warm sunny beach right outside of Richard's Place! Pandy has lived in the middle of Texas, about as far from any ocean as you can get, so that sounds like a great adventure!:)

Thanks, lbaker, I think you have a new buddy! I'd even try a Margarita in honor of the thought, maybe it would help today a bit easier to take!:D

lbaker
03-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Make me one too please and put it in a plastic sippy cup so I can take it to the beach with me :) I just bet there's a little plastic shovel & pail in the L& F we can bring with us too :p I bet she tries to herd the sand pipers :rolleyes:

slick
03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone!!! It's another cloudy, rainy day here on the WET coast. A Spanish Coffee sounds good right about now. Anybody want one??

I guess with Laurie and Pandy off to the beach it will be a while before we see them. If I'd known sooner I would have joined them.

moosmom
03-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Make mine a double!!! May pole??? Is that anywhere near the North pole???

Corinna
03-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Good morning all!! Hello Miss Pandy welcome to home away from home. I hope mommy remebers that pink nose can get sunburnt and cause problems. Remember a hat or sunscreen.
I's losy weather so I'll have a HBR to day. But I feel better today than yesterday.

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Only if I can get flames painted on the side, and with chrome trimmings :D

Out here in CA that wouldn't draw a second look!;)

DONE!

Tray,

DOUBLE DOTD, Done!

MOFF,

I hate gravity, it messes with my printer too!:eek:

Slick,
Spanish coffee, DONE!

Maha and Laurie.

Margies in sippy cups...DONE!

MoosMom,

Halfway from the equator??:confused:

DONE!

Corrina,

HBR, DONE!

lbaker
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
whew *pant pant* weeee'rrrrrrr baaaaaack :D oh my can that Pandy girl run:eek: and run and run and laugh at the same time :cool: Now jump back into your dune buggy Pandy and we will zap you on back to momma Ann. Do bring her along next time and maybe by then Willie will have a little saddle for Mario :rolleyes: I'm thirsty. Anything left of that DOTD? That was goooooood :)

gini
03-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Darn it, I don't have my camera with me. How I would have loved to get some photos of you, Laurie, romping in the water with Pandy. Ha, she ran your pants off didn't she? She was having so much fun and it warmed my heart to see her so happy.

We have to be careful, we don't want Mario to get jealous. Here Mario, I found some peanuts to go with your beer.

Funny, we have the fireplace going full tilt and we are right by the ocean. But the fireplace feels good and cozy this morning - it is drizzling outside.

Hot buttered rum..now that sounds just right. Gotta go round up Richard and see if he can make me one. My cold is better, but I bet a HBR would make it go away completely!

lbaker
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Pandy really reminds of my black & while RB Border Collie "The Cheeky Bitch". Looking at Pandys sweet face makes me feel warm.

By the way, I think Richard is talking to God about virgins in another thread :rolleyes:

gini
03-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Yes, I went looking for him and found him over there.............

trayi52
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Poor fellow, hope he finds one! LOL;)

I am going to stick to that DOTD, it is very yummy!

I guess Mario is just going to have to ride bare back, can't seem to find a saddle small enough for him. I did have a purse that had a saddle on it, suppose I could cut it off and use it though. I think I still have that around here somewhere.....

Pretty Pandy been running on the beach, sounds fun! :)

slick
03-26-2004, 01:18 PM
By the way, I think Richard is talking to God about virgins in another thread :rolleyes:
Wait a minute, God is a virgin????? That would make God a SHE wouldn't it??:confused:

Oh never mind. That's too deep for my feeble brain. I'll take a DOTD please, or maybe I should make it myself since Richard is so caught up with the "spirit".

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 01:24 PM
lol...

DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!

lol,

Yes, I was talking about virgins....not that kind...

slick
03-26-2004, 04:44 PM
My, where is everyone????????

Hello?????? echo echo echo echo

Is anybody here??? here here here

trayi52
03-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes, yes, yes, yes.............

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 05:03 PM
YES,

counting down the minutes......
all 150 of them.:(

slick
03-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Just got back from the doctor who gave me a stress test on one of those treadmills. I can't believe that they have all these people side by side taking the test and no fans in the room. :eek:

Anyway, I'm hot now so may I have a nikked beer please??

Richard: call me stupid by why is counting down the minutes to the weekend sad :( or am I missing something :confused:

I've got 3 hours to go yet....

catland
03-26-2004, 05:12 PM
What - huh - did someone say something - hey - who put these checkers in my ears!

that's what I get for drinking three Spanish coffees and falling asleep - what were they - decaf?

It's the wet coast down here today too - maybe that means my laundry gets done this weekend. Only one hour, 44 minutes until quitting time.

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 05:28 PM

Anyway, I'm hot now so may I have a nikked beer please??

Richard: call me stupid by why is counting down the minutes to the weekend sad :( or am I missing something :confused:

I've got 3 hours to go yet....

I'm sad I have to wait 150 minutes to check out....:p

Nekkid beer!

DONE!

Catland...
118 for me.....:eek:

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 05:52 PM
We used to celebrate the first day of spring by whipping out the blender, stocking up on crushed ice, cream of coconut, pinapple juice, and 151 Bacardi and having Pina' Coladas! MMMMmmmm! :D :) :D It didn't matter how cold or wet or lousy it was outside it was a mandatory outdoor event attended by many. Geesh I lost a lot of brain cells in the good ole days!:cool:

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
We used to celebrate the first day of spring by whipping out the blender, stocking up on crushed ice, cream of coconut, pinapple juice, and 151 Bacardi and having Pina' Coladas! MMMMmmmm! :D :) :D It didn't matter how cold or wet or lousy it was outside it was a mandatory outdoor event attended by many. Geesh I lost a lot of brain cells in the good ole days!:cool:

Welcome to our 'bar'!! take off your shoes and stay a while!

Pina Colada for you!!!

DONE..

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 06:05 PM
GRACIAS! Darn....all the ingredients here too, but for the rum. Mmmm tasting them...Brrr! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :)

Corinna
03-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Out of RUM OMG how can that be!!!! I guess we've been drinking way to many HBR 'S . Good thing spring is coming.
Welcome to our little corner of crazyness.

G.P.girl
03-26-2004, 06:13 PM
yo estudio espanol....i think that's how to say it anyway...i didn't have school today. sooooo....i got to stay home and watch my brother, studying and cleaning the house all day...instead of goign to see dawn of the dead...:rolleyes: anyway, can i have something to drink? it doesn't matter what.

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
yo estudio espanol....i think that's how to say it anyway...i didn't have school today. sooooo....i got to stay home and watch my brother, studying and cleaning the house all day...instead of goign to see dawn of the dead...:rolleyes: anyway, can i have something to drink? it doesn't matter what.

Una Coca Cola por la senorita?

Con hielo?

DONE!

slick
03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Dick's Place QS. Forgive me if I shorten your name, after a couple of drinks those long ones get harder and harder to say :D

We are a funny lot; our sole purpose for being here is to have fun. We are non-judgmental and check our attitudes at the door. Sometimes we get very silly and other times.....well....you'll see. The bar usually opens on Wednesday and closes either Friday night or Saturday.

Mario, leave QS alone. Sorry, Mario gets excited when new people arrive. Mario is our mascot. He loves beer and sometimes he drinks waaaayyyy too many and we have to take turns changing his diaper.:eek: Not a nice job at all!

Anyway, relax and enjoy!

lbaker
03-26-2004, 06:36 PM
you can get anything you want, at Richards Restaurant. (except Alice) You go out the front door and there's a tropical paridise, out the back there is plenty of split wood for cold, wintery days. Go out the side and it's the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe/ LOOK OUT CHILDREN... you may get a rude awakening.

robinh
03-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Good evening all. I'd love a DOTD! I can make it myself. Had a very looooooonnnnnng week.

Will try to stick around for a while, but my home computer is trying really hard to die. Figures, just got a new desk, a new printer and a new scanner - and the doggone computer will die. So if I disappear, I'm here in spirit.

I notice no one is going anywhere near the L&F these days. Thought it was cleared out.

Slick Hate those stress tests. Whoever said women don't sweat obviously never saw a woman take one of those tests!

Richard: I also counted down the minutes until I got off work today. Weather was warm & humid here - our office was like a sauna. Was not a pretty picture.

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 06:46 PM
thanks for playing hostess, Slick..

Laurie,

Got the wood splitter for tomorrow and sunday so we are gonna put up some wood over the weekend......

Robin,

Let me pour y'all one last round before I go.....

DONE!!!!!:D

slick
03-26-2004, 06:54 PM
See??? That 150 minutes went fast didn't it??:)

robinh
03-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Richard, have you've been talking to my boyfriend? The guy is always wanting to go out on the property and cut down trees. Keeps saying we need to cut wood for next winter. Aargh - we have a whole woodshed full.

After the last two years, I'm really leery of that project. Every time we go out there I end up with the worst case of poison ivy anyone has ever seen. Takes shots and pills to get it to stop spreading.

Thanks for the drink, though. Have a good weekend!

catland
03-26-2004, 06:58 PM
????

and all this time I thought that Mario was the host and Slick was the mascot. It all makes much more sense now.

It's quitting time - see Y'all later:D

(and welcome to Thursday's QS - love the name:D )

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Richard, have you've been talking to my boyfriend? The guy is always wanting to go out on the property and cut down trees. Keeps saying we need to cut wood for next winter. Aargh - we have a whole woodshed full.

Men can never have enough wood.....;)

Tell your boyfriend that once the apocalypse comes he and I will be sitting pretty, in front of our fireplaces.....:p

You know that men never talk, we have this genetic disposition that makes us want to do things that don't make sense....

at the moment.....:D

slick,

official time keeper, too!

Have a good one, CT!!

trayi52
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
QS, I missed your entrance. Welcome and do sit down and enjoy a drink. Gotta watch Mario, he'll steal your drink. Or did you mention that Slick???

I'll take a beer and give Mario a beer too. I have been sleeping, just woke up and still in the process of doing the yawning and waking up part....

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I may be out of rum, but vodka & orange juice do the trick! :D With pulp...lots of it see? :D :D :D :D :D Nice bar you have here Richard...or do you prefer the word Lounge? Tavern? Gin Mill? Or maybe Dive? :confused: Jan (hic) scuse me :eek:

trayi52
03-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Jan, I thought that was your name! I kept trying to remember but I guess I have been here toooo long. LOL!

But that drink does sound good, think I'll join you..

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 08:33 PM
CHEERS! TIP THE ELBOW! :D

lbaker
03-27-2004, 03:11 AM
robinh, women DONT sweat... they glow :p Why am I up at 4 a.m. ? Somebunny was just making this horrible noise in my front yard and the dogs went NUTZ. K (my son) shown the heavy duty flashlight out his bedroom window and there is this little bunny just sitting there yelling all git out in the middle of the yard :eek: I started walked toward it (him?her?) and it calmly started hopping away.. didn't appear hurt at all. Very weird :confused: As long as I'm up I'll start the coffee and get my log splitting clothes on. GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES :D

mahayana
03-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Well, I'll take some coffee, and then will burn a tank of gas in the old Homelite saw. Somebody else can split and stack and haul off the brush!

That should get me glowing, too, hah!

Then I'll grab a pina colada and go out the other door, take a dip in the ocean, and relax on a beach recliner!

gini
03-27-2004, 09:52 AM
You know, some people just have a regular old rooster to wake them up in the morning - but our Laurie - oh no, she's gotta have a wabbit waker!!

You guys are chopping wood - this early in the morning? I think I will stay inside and clean up a bit - and then maybe make some cookies...........howabout oatmeal raisin?

slick
03-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone!! Nice to see your bright shiny facies again :)

Won't be around much today because we have our PT Meeting and it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate at all. It's cloudy and dark. Oh well, walk the dogs in the rain???? Welcome to Vancouver. :rolleyes:

Spanish Coffee anyone??

QueenScoopalot
03-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Make mine rocket fuel! Spring has really sprung here in sunny "Bahsten", I'm wondering if we just jumped into summer. YELP!:cool: Jan

mahayana
03-27-2004, 11:14 AM
It's late Spring here, daffodils about over, tiny apricots on the apricot trees, grapes and trees are leafing out...now if there is no late frost!

I just planted a rose bush, already leafed out. Are any of you familiar with 'Hansa"? It's an old rugosa hybrid, very fragrant multi-petaled flowers that repeat most of the summer. I put it by the south window, so we can all enyoy it this summer.

Did anyone ever make those pina coladas? Think I'm ready for one. I brought some more rum, just the cheapest gold kind (Skol for $7.59). Hope there's still some mix left!:)

trayi52
03-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Andy, a Pina Colado sounds great, that is my favorite drink of all of them! Really sounds yummy!

Where is Ann? Out playing with Pandy?:)

mahayana
03-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Hah! She's on the other computer, at Yahoo chat. Pandy is outside, guarding the back steps and looking in through the glass door.

One of the first dates I had with your sister, I took her to a mexican restaurant in Florence, Alabama and bought us fancy pina coladas. I remember they had maraschino cherries on top, and an orange slice on the glass edge. Good choice!;)

Corinna
03-27-2004, 12:44 PM
got to have your fruit with that stuff:D