PDA

View Full Version : Eggs ALL OVER aquarium!

sirrahved
03-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey everybody....

First off, don't laugh at me... I know nothing about keeping an aquarium lol.

I have two snails that materialized out of the previously used sand. Now there are these little eraser sized pouches of transparent greenish little egg looking things all over the aquarium. Are these snail eggs? Fish eggs? Algae? Should I leave them be? Scrape them off? I'm sorry guys, I know that I know NOTHING...

Fox-Gal
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I say they are eggs, what kind of fish do you have in there? That info would help out some, you need to know if your fish are egg layers and livebearing fish. Most fish eggs have a white almost clear color to them, but not all.

What do you mean all over the aquarium, on the bottom all over or also on the sides of the tank?

It's not algae, algae doesn't look like eggs.

You might be able to see in this picture of my fish eggs, what they look like if that helps you any. It's hard to get a good picture of them, but I think you can see them on the bottom of the tank well enough to get the idea.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p8a080a72c1a8863991ec811af7d75be5/f94313a5.jpg

sirrahved
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
You know, I was thinking about how undescriptive I was when I was talking about the eggs.

They are in random spots, on rocks, and sides, stuck together onto things.

They are very small, in clusters about the size of an eraser head or a little larger.

As for aquarium creatures I have snails, glo light tetras, blind cave tetras, a bottom feeder (can't remember breed) and guppies. The guppies are both male.

Fox-Gal
03-24-2004, 10:26 PM
I say you might have Tetra eggs then. They are egg layers. They also like to scatter them around like that, on plants rocks etc, any place they can stick them to. Usually they will put them in places they feel are hidden some. So you might be having baby fish soon. :D If you do, move them out of the tank to a different one, after they are born so they don't become dinner for your fish. That is if you want to keep them.

sirrahved
03-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I am almost certain they are snail eggs now. I did research on the internet. It was hard at first, but I finally came up with things after an hour. This is EXACTLY what my eggs look like:
http://perso.infonie.be/pomacea/oeufs_planorbe.gif
I think my snails are ramshorns-- this is what they most resemble.
Thanks for your help!