PDA

View Full Version : I am a bit concern on Gigi

jenfer
03-24-2004, 01:48 PM
i have some concerns about Gigi. I know her dog food is not her fav thing, she does not want to eat this morning and finally she did eat 1/2 of it and drank some water. And she likes to sit on my lap and be with people. And today she actually get into her den ALL BY HERSELF and take a nap and/or hang out there. It's quite very unusual. It does NOT look like she is in pain or any discomfort. She still play and act normal when she does not go into the den herself. Is she just plain tired (she had a busy day on Monday night)? Looks like instead of napping on our lap, she did it in her den. Cuz when she is not playing nor eating, she sleeps. I am not sure whats going on. And being an overprotective mother i just want to know she is doing fine. Or it could just be that she is in another phase (she did that... like there was a period of time she was very interested in biting our toes and now she did not do that any more). Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

aly
03-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Its great that you noticed changes in her behavior so quickly! I wouldn't be worried yet, but it won't hurt to keep a close eye on her for the next few days. Be especially alert about bathroom habits. If you are still concerned after that, I'd take her to the vet.

Maybe she's just finally getting used to her crate and really likes it now?

wolfie
03-24-2004, 01:57 PM
She's probably just growing up! ^_^ Dogs have a 'teenager' stage too, when they become a bit more independent.

jenfer
03-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Everything else looks normal...eating, doing her business etc. Just that instead of sleeping on my lap all the time now she starts going in her crate all by myself. I hope it's only because all of a sudden she discovered her crate is more comfy than my laps:rolleyes: :p :) :D

tatsxxx11
03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Yup, sounds like the teenage stage to me, too! I'm sure she still loves your lap best of all:) She's probably just exerting a little independence. Keep us updated! Sounds like she's doing fine physically:) Hugs to you Gigi! (Gosh, how that driver's license cracks me up!:D)

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Jen, Buffy and Schnaggles have started putting themselves to bed at night ... on the couch and not their room but they are at that stage of managing their own routines a bit more. They also WANT to go outside instead of being asked nicely :)

Like Aly said, I'd keep an eye on her and see the vet if you see something wrong with her physically.

How about some more pics so we can check her out for ourselves? ;)

jenfer
03-24-2004, 03:33 PM
heehee... I will work on the pictures.

My sister just called me saying Gigi appeared to be VERY TIRED and that's the only thing we have noticed. They went out earlier and things are fine. My sis suggested that would it be because Gigi is around the time of being "mature". Our logic is: For human female, sometime we are more tired than usual "around that time every month". So that could be the case for Gigi? She will be 6 months next week and is approach her time for her first heat. So maybe it's the hormone doing their thing??? She will be getting fixed this Friday.

lovemyshiba
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Everyone's probably right--she's just gaining a little independence.

When we got Kito, we had researched the breed, and everything we read said Shibas were very independent dogs. Well, when we first brought him home, the only way we could get him to fall asleep in his crate at night was if one of us would lay on the floor beside the crate for a while until he settled down. (I know, I know--:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) We've come a long way from that though--now we have trouble even getting him to come into the bedroom at bedtime.

Hope everything is fine with sweet little Gigi!!!

jenfer
03-25-2004, 12:06 AM
She seems fine when I get home tonite. My friend and her other friend came visit. The friend is now Gigi's god-sister. :D She even brought her 2 new toys and a pig year!!! :eek: Anyway, she was playing with the toys and running around and eating up her remaining dog food. We even practice some commands. I shall make note of her behavior tomorrow.

Linda York
03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
In the begining our dogs seems to fight the "beds, crates, dens or special places" that we make for them. They seem to not like them, but then out of no where, they love their special little places and like to go to them for some alone time. Some peace and quiet. It's their own little haven. Sounds like she is growing up and doesn't need to be with "Mommy" all the time. :(
Just like teenagers... now we fight for there time.
:rolleyes: